Maui plantation tour

Cruisingirl2012

I don’t see why you couldn’t book the pineapple tour independently but if you rented a car you could see more. I’m not sure what the cab situation is like there.

The Maui Tropical Plantation has a tram tour but you can also just walk the grounds for free. We’ve been here a few times, it’s a lovely place.

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter and family live on Maui and after the tram tour, my Granddaughter, who was 5 at the time said at the end: Is this all there is? We laughed when she made the statement, which says a lot. According to what I've read, there is more there now, with the duck/fish pond, tropical flower gardens, and the Mill House Restaurant which I understand it is excellent! All the changes could most probably change our perception of the time we spent at the Plantation. We'll be visiting our family again in June so we may go back and check out the changes. As for the tour; I'm quite sure we'll pass on that. 

Enjoy your time in Maui, it's a beautiful island!

• Like 2

On 3/12/2019 at 12:30 PM, Cruisingirl2012 said:

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has booked this independently or taken a taxi to the plantation and booked tour directly at the farm?

Veterans can tour the "farm," museum and grounds, for free, including all members of their party.  I think the tram was extra $.  It's an interesting glimpse into a part of Maui's history, an interesting stop, easily done in an hour.

• 3 weeks later...

The Plantation is great!  Totally recommend it!  It has even improved over the years with the gift shop and restaurant.  My opinion is to go there on your own--as it will allow more freedom.  

IMG_0954.JPG

IMG_0955.JPG

IMG_0956.JPG

IMG_0957.JPG

IMG_0959.JPG

IMG_0961.JPG

IMG_0962.JPG

IMG_0963.JPG

IMG_0967.JPG

• 2 weeks later...