Club HAL on Nieuw Statendam?

Rlandrigan

We have a spring break cruise in 2020 book for the Nieuw Statendam booked, and as excited as I am, curious to hear about how many kids and any reports from Club HAL  - so far, not a lot of family reviews. We originally had a Disney 4 day booked, but at almost 2k less and 3 more days, this was a easy choice, buuut, I'd feel better knowing that our 8 and 13 year old are going to have fun too:) 

Will this be your family’s first HAL cruise? We have cruised Disney with our child, and we have cruised HAL with our child, and they are definitely different, lol! We have a 5 year old— we were on the Oosterdam over Thanksgiving and are booked on Nieuw Statendam for Thanksgiving 2019. We are really excited to sail on her. In your situation, I would anticipate more children on board at spring break time, although significantly fewer than Disney, for example. On our last HAL cruise, out of 2100 pax, 200-ish were children, and probably 50 were regular Club HAL attendees. In our experience, children can expect personal attention, and the ability to tailor their club experience within reason. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Dulciana8 said:

Will this be your family’s first HAL cruise? We have cruised Disney with our child, and we have cruised HAL with our child, and they are definitely different, lol! 

My son and I were on the Zuiderdam for a Canal in and out; we've all done the Regal Princess as well. One day, we may do Disney, but right now...

So the number of kids was the info I was trying to get an idea of, just want to reassure myself that there will be enough folks for them to not to feel lonely:)

• 1 month later...

We were on NS last week for Easter break & there were @350 kids onboard. My son who is 10 enjoyed Club Hal & went a handful of times for about an hour each. He has autism & can be a bit shy so I think more typical kids who are more social would enjoy it even more. He loved the cruise and can’t wait to go again!

• Like 1