Carnival's Website Bug?

jbethel11

2 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Are any of you experiencing an issue where the cabins on the deck plans are squished together when booking?

1778360754_ScreenShot2019-03-11at12_23_51AM.png.04a6c6e78226db185e5e8814f0b40910.png

So yes this happens almost everytime I log in to check rooms available.  I have to go back to choose deck plans a 2nd time and bring it back up.  I thought it was something with my browser (Safari) and the way it loads the graphics. But it is very aggravating when researching cruises and available rooms. 😂

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tandemcruzr said:

I found out that they only show you 10 cabins when you do a search. Many more may be available, but you will have to call Carnival or your Carnival PVP to find out which ones are available.

That is good information to have.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve seen this for at least a couple years now. We booked our 2018 cruise in March of 2017 and I saw it back then. Happened almost every time. I hadn’t seen it recently until about a week ago when it happened again once or twice. Not as much as it used to, though. I always thought it was one of my browser extensions. Seemed like when I disabled the extension, the image would appear as it should, but maybe it was just the act of refreshing the page that knocked it back in place. If others experience it too, I doubt it’s my extension. 

As far as reporting it to Carnival, I’m not sure. Is there a “Contact Us” link on their site somewhere? You’d almost need their tech support dept. I’ve just lived with it. 

8 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I’ve seen this for at least a couple years now. We booked our 2018 cruise in March of 2017 and I saw it back then.

I noticed it in 2016 when I was booking our first cruise. I would assume by now they were aware of it. 

On 3/12/2019 at 9:25 PM, jbethel11 said:

Are any of you experiencing an issue where the cabins on the deck plans are squished together when booking?

1778360754_ScreenShot2019-03-11at12_23_51AM.png.04a6c6e78226db185e5e8814f0b40910.png

Always, I just back click and then click the floor I was looking at again and it comes right up

On 4/7/2019 at 9:39 AM, dbrucern said:

Always, I just back click and then click the floor I was looking at again

and it comes right up

Sounds like the page is not loading properly the first time.

Thing is...what's stopping the page from loading properly the first time?

Adobe Flash needs updating? Java needs updating?

4 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Sounds like the page is not loading properly the first time.

Thing is...what's stopping the page from loading properly the first time?

Adobe Flash needs updating? Java needs updating?

Neither of those. I keep those updated and I still see this glitch. Although, not as much as I used to. A year or two ago, it happened just about every time. Now maybe 1 out of 10 times.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 9:46 PM, tandemcruzr said:

I found out that they only show you 10 cabins when you do a search. Many more may be available, but you will have to call Carnival or your Carnival PVP to find out which ones are available.

Interesting. I've seen more than 10 cabins available plenty of times and had my PVP tell me they see identical listings as what we see. Is this a recent change?

15 minutes ago, five. said:

Interesting. I've seen more than 10 cabins available plenty of times and had my PVP tell me they see identical listings as what we see. Is this a recent change?

There's always been talk about how a PVP or regular cust. service reps. can see available cabins that aren't seen online. Maybe some people have experienced that, but when we booked our 2018 cruise, the customer service rep. was seeing what we saw. I even did a mock booking while on the phone with her, and she saw that cabin become unavailable. And when we booked our cruise for next year with our PVP last month, he was seeing the same ones we were. I'm not saying there isn't any truth to the idea that they can see more, just that it hasn't been our experience.