Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
DanaDanes

No equinox summer sailings

Recommended Posts

Hi - my husband and I were toying with a July cruise for a week. I know there were many a month ago. Now it appears they are all cancelled? I can’t find any on the website out of fll or Miami for the month of July. Does anyone know what’s up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not sure what is going on, but there are many sailings of both equinox and silhouette that have "disappeared" over the last few days.  no one seems to know what is happening yet, but getting all different answers when calling celebrity. 🤨

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DanaDanes said:

Hi - my husband and I were toying with a July cruise for a week. I know there were many a month ago. Now it appears they are all cancelled? I can’t find any on the website out of fll or Miami for the month of July. Does anyone know what’s up?

They are still listed....however all currently showing closed post dry dock...maybe re-categorizing??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm. I’m not seeing them at all. At first I attributed it to a website glitch but it has persisted no matter how I search

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our 8/10/19 reservation on the Equinox is still listed.  Out of Fort Lauderdale- I do not see any problem.  Clear your cookies on your computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's a glitch.  My equinox cruise on March 23 (next week) didn't show up this morning on the website, but when I search my TA's site, it's there with some cabins available in inside, balcony and concierge. 

 

Look on a TA site and see if it's listed there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mfs2k said:

I think it's a glitch.  My equinox cruise on March 23 (next week) didn't show up this morning on the website, but when I search my TA's site, it's there with some cabins available in inside, balcony and concierge. 

 

Look on a TA site and see if it's listed there. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Equinox is  to  be  revolutionized at the beginning of June, and back to regular sailings out if Ft. Lauderdale.  I just made final payment for my cruise beginning June 29, ending July 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sleepless said:

Equinox is  to  be  revolutionized at the beginning of June, and back to regular sailings out if Ft. Lauderdale.  I just made final payment for my cruise beginning June 29, ending July 6.


It's scheduled for dry dock in May.  Our June 1 cruise is still showing in my planner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hiccups said:


It's scheduled for dry dock in May.  Our June 1 cruise is still showing in my planner.

That is correct. The schedule shows the date of next sailing after being Revolted. Thus:

https://webapps.celebritycruises.com/revolution/schedule/

 

I made the same assumption the first time I saw it, but the Millennium has been Revolted and the Summit is now being Revolted, to be finished on the 23 of March. Thus Equinox will be finished on 1 June. Unless the schedule has changed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just made final payment on our July 6 cruise on Equinox. Talked with CC rep to use OBC to purchase wi-fi package. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DanaDanes said:

Hmmm. I’m not seeing them at all. At first I attributed it to a website glitch but it has persisted no matter how I search

We've seen this stuff happen on previous cruises, the closer we get to departure date. In our case the ship was 'sold out' to the public and staterooms did not show available, thus the cruises didn't come up. Travel agents and the cruise line were likely still holding staterooms but we couldn't see them. Then cancellations started as final payment loomed and all the sudden our cruise was showing up again. It happened a number of times closer to sailing date. This might be the situation here, but who knows? Not me, that's for sure.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something going on with their site.  I cannot get on the Cruise Planner for out June sailing today.  i wanted to book an excursion, but still have time...not too worried.    The error page said they were aware and were working to fix. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, K12Guy said:

We've seen this stuff happen on previous cruises, the closer we get to departure date. In our case the ship was 'sold out' to the public and staterooms did not show available, thus the cruises didn't come up. Travel agents and the cruise line were likely still holding staterooms but we couldn't see them. Then cancellations started as final payment loomed and all the sudden our cruise was showing up again. It happened a number of times closer to sailing date. This might be the situation here, but who knows? Not me, that's for sure.

 

I think it is an issue with their web site, not TA's holding back cabins.  Our cruise is not until November and the last time I was able to check there was a lot of cabins available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hiccups said:


It's scheduled for dry dock in May.  Our June 1 cruise is still showing in my planner.

Yes, you are correct.  I worded my response improperly.   I had intended to say that it would be back in service the beginning of June.

 

I work in a high school, and am brain dead by the end of the school day, and do not always write what I mean. A hazard of the job. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I found the cruise (July 6 eastern Caribbean) - and now when I go though the booking process, the ONLY option is cruise fare only. No perks at all or the option to buy. And price is really high considering no perks (3200 sky suite, 1900 aq per person)   

 

Even a sky suite is without perks! 

 

I am spoiled  but I won’t do a celebrity cruise without at least 2 of them. Any ideas on this? Are they pulling perks from the newly drydocked ships?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DanaDanes said:

Well I found the cruise (July 6 eastern Caribbean) - and now when I go though the booking process, the ONLY option is cruise fare only. No perks at all or the option to buy. And price is really high considering no perks (3200 sky suite, 1900 aq per person)   

 

Even a sky suite is without perks! 

 

I am spoiled  but I won’t do a celebrity cruise without at least 2 of them. Any ideas on this? Are they pulling perks from the newly drydocked ships?

The pick 2 perks seems to come and go...i agree with you...I don't book without them. Kind of like shopping at Macy's when there isn't a sale...lol   Wait till they come back...usually don't disappear for long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried to go to the menu and navigate Cruise Deals and find Sale Beyond deal and do your search from there?  It may give you the rate with the 4 perks.  Otherwise call or better yet if you have a good TA who gives additional perks just book with them, they certainly have access to all the different fare classes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just tried the search as I described above and Equinox is not listed which is weird as every other ship is offering the deal.  I'd call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...