Spring Break 2020

babs135

You can count on late February to April. The old rule of keeping it with Easter is long gone. My son's college is next week, as is his former high school and several other of our state schools. His friends at a private school in our state are on break right now. Book longer cruises and you will find less college age kids, but in the spring there will always be kids (young and older) on the ship.

As others have said, it varies all around the country. In Texas it is almost always the second full week in March - this week for this year. Other places  it will depend on when Easter falls. Many schools in the Northeast get out for President's Day (third Monday in February) and then again around Easter. Count on anytime from later February through about the third week in April. Sorry, no easy answer.

17 hours ago, Lindanuf said:

In California, where we are, it’s always either the week before or after Easter.  Our spring break this year is Apr 15-23, 2020 is Apr 6-14th

You may be thinking only of K-12 schools. Colleges (in California and elsewhere) are a vastly different consideration because of the differences between "semester" and "quarter" (and even "trimester") systems as well as the varying use of the mid-point of the term (vs Easter) as the basis for "spring break."

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

15 hours ago, babs135 said:

Thanks everyone.  Didn't realise there would be such big differences between the states.

not just between states, but also between counties within a state. My best friends live 20 minutes away in a different county... Their spring break is on different dates.

This year ours is April 1-5, and next year it's April 6-10.

I honestly don't remember when my spring break was in college many years ago, but I think it was in April. 

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

4 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Always a good indicator of  happy college time! :classic_biggrin:

oh, no, it's just been a long time and I worked through my spring breaks....  So, it really didn't matter when they happened.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

6 hours ago, babs135 said:

Thanks everyone.  Didn't realise there would be such big differences between the states.

It is not even state where I live Phila. suburbs public schools have different weeks and Catholic schools go at Easter but do mot have the whole week off.