Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Luke Saint Joe said:

Yes, Jimbo5544. We are on the same TA. Carnival Radiance, Barcelona to NYC, June 11-23, 2020.

Oh...I misunderstood.   I thought you meant the Sunshine, then we will def have to say hi.  Only traveling with one other cabin for that one, but we are really looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Oh...I misunderstood.   I thought you meant the Sunshine, then we will def have to say hi.  Only traveling with one other cabin for that one, but we are really looking forward to it.

Hey Jimbo! They are friends of ours. 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Hey Jimbo! They are friends of ours. 😃

Good to know Jeff....  will make sure we meet on the TA, sure will have some time to do so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

We're on the Sunrise for the Jun 24th 8night Bermuda&Grand Turks cruise. Our last "contact" with a Carnival ship was Sept 2009 when the Legend hit our ship RCCL Enchantment in Cozumel.

 

Our very first cruise was on the Triumph Aug 2002 5night NYC to Canada, ever since then we got the cruise bug and haven't stopped. Sunrise June 24th will make our 22nd cruise over various cruise Lines RCL, X, MSC and Carnival.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those new Extended Balcony Grand Suites on deck 5 don't appear to have a big balcony as shown in the new deck plans. Also, it appears that most of the new Aft  cabins on deck 5 have mostly steel balcony instead of all glass. 

 

 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Those new Extended Balcony Grand Suites on deck 5 don't appear to have a big balcony as shown in the new deck plans. Also, it appears that most of the new Aft  cabins on deck 5 have mostly steel balcony instead of all glass. 

 

 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

 

I am booked in cabin 5343, which is one of those grand suite extended balconies on the 10 day leaving June 10. I will report back on the actual size of the balcony.  I am hoping that this is a case of "looks can be deceiving". I paid a hefty premium for that cabin and I really hope that it is larger than it appears from these pics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stobe1 said:

 

I am booked in cabin 5343, which is one of those grand suite extended balconies on the 10 day leaving June 10. I will report back on the actual size of the balcony.  I am hoping that this is a case of "looks can be deceiving". I paid a hefty premium for that cabin and I really hope that it is larger than it appears from these pics.

 

I hope you are right that it will be better than what we can currently see from the pictures. Would appreciate getting your feedback when you sail in that cabin in June.

Thanks and have a great cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

 

I hope you are right that it will be better than what we can currently see from the pictures. Would appreciate getting your feedback when you sail in that cabin in June.

Thanks and have a great cruise.

 

If your signature is accurate, it looks like the June cruise will be your triumphant return to Carnival after a long hiatus and switch to (primarily) RC?  (I know you see what I did there.)

 

Hope the refurb meets your anticipation. No pressure, whale tail!

Edited by KmomChicago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know if the Sunrise will have a mini breakfast buffet available like the Sunshine on deck 5 or 6 near the area where people sign up for anytime dining?

 

MARAPRINCE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maraprince said:

Anyone know if the Sunrise will have a mini breakfast buffet available like the Sunshine on deck 5 or 6 near the area where people sign up for anytime dining?

 

MARAPRINCE

 

that was at ocean plaza..the sunrise does not have an ocean plaza area 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shof515 said:

 

that was at ocean plaza..the sunrise does not have an ocean plaza area 

I am referring to an inside deck area and not an outside one.

 

MARAPRINCE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

 

If your signature is accurate, it looks like the June cruise will be your triumphant return to Carnival after a long hiatus and switch to (primarily) RC?  (I know you see what I did there.)

 

Hope the refurb meets your anticipation. No pressure, whale tail!

 

Hahaha :classic_biggrin:

Actually I am looking forward to a radiant return after a long hiatus. I am booked on Carnival Radiance next year. So since Sunrise and Radiance will have almost the exact same enhancements, I have a keen interest to see how the refurbished Sunrise looks. So I look forward to seeing the final product of Sunrise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

 

Hahaha :classic_biggrin:

Actually I am looking forward to a radiant return after a long hiatus. I am booked on Carnival Radiance next year. So since Sunrise and Radiance will have almost the exact same enhancements, I have a keen interest to see how the refurbished Sunrise looks. So I look forward to seeing the final product of Sunrise. 

I will be attending the naming ceremony on May 23 before sailing on her on July 22 and will be reporting back on both of these as they occur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Maraprince said:

Anyone know if the Sunrise will have a mini breakfast buffet available like the Sunshine on deck 5 or 6 near the area where people sign up for anytime dining?

 

MARAPRINCE

 

I know what you are talking about and was wondering the same thing!  On embarkation day, we had a bar-b-q lunch there!  I was wondering about the comedy club - The Limelight Lounge...it was just awful on the Sunshine...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Maraprince said:

I am referring to an inside deck area and not an outside one.

 

MARAPRINCE

 

The Ocean Plaza is inside, it's the Lanai that is outside. There doesn't appear to be an Ocean Plaza on the Sunrise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, WMQueenie said:

 

I know what you are talking about and was wondering the same thing!  On embarkation day, we had a bar-b-q lunch there!  I was wondering about the comedy club - The Limelight Lounge...it was just awful on the Sunshine...

 

The Comedy Club is in the same location as the Sunshine, however the stage has been reconfigured to eliminate the seats that didn't have a view of the stage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I will be attending the naming ceremony on May 23 before sailing on her on July 22 and will be reporting back on both of these as they occur.

 

Thank you for doing that. Have a great time at the Naming Ceremony. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

 

Thank you for doing that. Have a great time at the Naming Ceremony. 

I will, if there is something specific you would like to see,I can try and get a pic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

I will, if there is something specific you would like to see,I can try and get a pic

 

If possible, pictures of the inside and balcony for both the Extended Balcony Grand Suite on the aft of deck 5 and the Grand Suite on deck 7. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

 

If possible, pictures of the inside and balcony for both the Extended Balcony Grand Suite on the aft of deck 5 and the Grand Suite on deck 7. Thanks.

If I can get to them when they are servicing them that morning, I will do my best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

If I can get to them when they are servicing them that morning, I will do my best.

Either way I appreciate your efforts and thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carnival just posted this shot of SUNRISE ..on Facebook

 

Looks like she's coming out of the yard, post dry dock and renaming

.

 

SUNRISE.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a 7-day Caribbean cruise for two!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...