Cruise Critic Community
LynnTTT

Kids clubs in general

We are taking two grandchildren with us in a 4 night cruise on the Carnival Victory this summer.  The girl is a "young "13 and the boy is 9. I know they'll be in different programs, which is good for both of them, I think. Parents  won't be there:-)

I think they'll enjoy the programs, but I wonder how to introduce them to the programs,  My instinct is to sign them up that first day and pretty much make them stay in the program the first evening.  Then allow the 13 year old to sign herself out, also allow her to sign out her brother, make them meet us in the room at 12:30 for lunch every day, decide how to do dinner, etc,  WE'll take them ashore with us  in Key West and Cozumel.  If after the first evening they never want to go back, that's fine.

Advice and your experience is welcome

Especially for the 13 year old, there will be a meet and greet the first night, usually at 8pm or so. She can make friends there. Most teens just hang around on board. The teen clubs are open significantly less than the other at clubs. At least that is how it was in January, but that was also off season for kids.

The first night in the club for older teens is very important.  The kids seem to form smaller groups that hang out together, in and outside the club.

They are get a list of scheduled activities for the entire cruise.

Your plan sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Happy sailing.