Rest in Peace CAPinBoynton

MVPinBoynton

For those of you that have met my darling Carol on a cruise or anywhere else, I am so sorry to have to tell you that she passed away yesterday.  Although I am saddened beyond what any words can describe, I am so grateful that Carol didn’t have to endure a long and painful death from cancer.  That would have been so much worse.

We were so blessed to have found each other.  We had more love and happiness in 30 years than most people have in a lifetime.  Having this wonderful woman in my life has made me a much happier and better person than I ever thought possible.  Heaven has gained a very beautiful soul.

Below is a photo that we had together on the January Edge cruise.  It was unfortunately the last cruise that I will share with the love of my life.

Edge Tuscan M-C copy.jpg

• Like 6

I am so very sorry for your loss of your lovely wife, Carol. I had the pleasure of sailing with the two of you a few times, and the cruising world was a better place because of her joyful spirit and happiness with you. Thank you for sharing with us and bless you.

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss.  I have followed your adventures together, and you were blessed to have each other.  I hope in time you can remember all those wonderful trips with a smile rather than heartache.

Mike, I am so very sorry to read your post. Though we’ve not met, I’ve followed your reviews for years. Alan (my DH) and I have always hoped to cross paths with you and Carol, but you’ve always been a few cruises ahead of us. I am so happy that you had thirty wonderful years with the love of your life. You have my heartfelt sympathy for your terrible loss. - Michelle 

Edited by Silkroad

The right words can be so hard to find.  Please know that you are in our thoughts at this most difficult time and you have all of us CCers supporting you.

You have made us smile many times with your posts, I wish I could return the favor right now.

We are so sorry for your loss but grateful that you had 30 wonderful years together.

Mary

Sorry for your loss.  

There is a song (That's What Friends Are For) by Paul Williams that has the following lyrics:

'Friends are like warm clothes in the night air, best when they're old

And we miss them the most when they're gone, miss them the most when they're gone'

Knowing Carol was your best friend, there will be lots of memories to keep your heart warm.

We are sending our deepest sympathy to you, Mike, as you part with your beloved Carol.  We came very close to meeting you last year when we had a tour scheduled for the 4 of us in Oman but had to cancel that cruise.  I have always read your trip reviews and I know you and Carol have helped a lot of cruisers with your very detailed reports.  I hope you will find comfort in your friends and family.