Flights to Dubai

promocollect

Hi

Just pre-reseved Arabian Gulf Cruise Boarding Oceana on 27/12/20

My question to anyone that has done this is Are the flights out of London AM or Pm ?

I believe that the flight as around 7 hours and time diff if GMT+4 so even if Flights depart London AM you still wouldn't board until late evening??

Can anyone confirm

Thanks

Dave      

Although I flew from Birmingham, from what I experienced just this last week, it would appear all flights to Dubai, including Heathrow are overnight.

The embarkation/disembarkation is all set up accepting flights arriving in the morning in Dubai from 0930 onwards.

Rooms  were all available for occupation from midday.

For the record, flight time joining the ship seemed to be around 6hrs 30 mins, at least the Birmingham flight was, with the homeward journey taking an extra hour.

Hi

Gatwick is the same, leaving London at 8.25pm and landed c7.30 am Dubai time. Dinner served c 10-11pm and breakfast 1 am (UK time). If I were to do it again I'd go on a day flight and stay in a hotel overnight before joining the ship.

Cathy

2 hours ago, Daftlad said:

Although I flew from Birmingham, from what I experienced just this last week, it would appear all flights to Dubai, including Heathrow are overnight.

The embarkation/disembarkation is all set up accepting flights arriving in the morning in Dubai from 0930 onwards.

Rooms  were all available for occupation from midday.

For the record, flight time joining the ship seemed to be around 6hrs 30 mins, at least the Birmingham flight was, with the homeward journey taking an extra hour.

So you don't have access to your cabin when you arrive? 

I was about to price a cruise but I might not bother depending on the answer.

Once on board you were encouraged to explore the ship or go to the buffet for brunch. Or in my case crash out in one of the comfy clam shell chairs the aft sun deck. 

It was quite a trek getting off the plane at DXB and eventually picking up your luggage which you must do as presumably it will be a scheduled flight. Once out of the terminal you will quickly be ushered onto a coach which will take you and your luggage to the vessel. Your luggage will be taken direct to your cabin.

Edited by Daftlad
Spelling

9 minutes ago, Daftlad said:

Once on board you were encouraged to explore the ship or go to the buffet for brunch. Or in my case crash out in one of the comfy clam shell chairs the aft sun deck. 

It was quite a trek getting off the plane at DXB and eventually picking up your luggage which you must do as presumably it will be a scheduled flight. Once out of the terminal you will quickly be ushered onto a coach which will take you and your luggage to the vessel. Your luggage will be taken direct to your cabin.

Oh that's rubbish when you've been on an overnight flight. I think I'll give it a miss.

11 hours ago, happy v said:

Oh that's rubbish when you've been on an overnight flight. I think I'll give it a miss.

We got back a couple of weeks ago and although it was an overnight flight it all went very smoothly, no real hanging around after landing, taken straight to the ship after collecting luggage. Managed to sleep a good bit on the plane and didn't feel too bad next day. Arrived to the ship and dropped hand luggage straight in the cabin although we could not get in until lunchtime, by the time we had some food and had a walk/look around the cabins were ready.

Had a great cruise with some good ports - I wouldn't let the overnight flight put you off.

Edited by bee-ess

12 hours ago, Daftlad said:

Interesting.. we were told not to go to our cabins at all. There was a sandstorm so going on deck was not something I could do for long so we waited ion the café. Some passengers did not realise there is a monorail at DBX to take you mots of the way. However don't be put off, just put it down to the experience or tag a  couple of nights in a hotel  in Dubai pre cruise and that way you will get to see everything

Edited by Cathygh
spelling

On 3/15/2019 at 8:45 AM, bee-ess said:

We got back a couple of weeks ago and although it was an overnight flight it all went very smoothly, no real hanging around after landing, taken straight to the ship after collecting luggage. Managed to sleep a good bit on the plane and didn't feel too bad next day. Arrived to the ship and dropped hand luggage straight in the cabin although we could not get in until lunchtime, by the time we had some food and had a walk/look around the cabins were ready.

Had a great cruise with some good ports - I wouldn't let the overnight flight put you off.

Thank you for your reply.

There are no flights from Newcastle at the moment so we would have to travel to Manchester or Gatwick first. Then having to wait for a cabin has just made me think this is far too much hassle. Maybe when I have ran out of other options I will think again.

2 hours ago, happy v said:

There are no flights from Newcastle at the moment so we would have to travel to Manchester or Gatwick first. Then having to wait for a cabin has just made me think this is far too much hassle. Maybe when I have ran out of other options I will think again.

We are flying from Glasgow instead. Don’t fancy Manchester and we’re quoted different London airports flying out and back which was just mental. Glasgow is a good place to fly from and canny travelling from Newcastle. 

22 minutes ago, BrianI said:

Emirates fly from Newcastle to Dubai non stop according to their website. 

Brian

They do and flight times are ok but get into Dubai at midnight so would be interesting about when board the ship. However, Newcastle was never offered as an option when we booked. Think it would be a case of making your own arrangements and of course canny extra cost ? 

On 3/16/2019 at 8:50 PM, ZZRLAD said:

They do and flight times are ok but get into Dubai at midnight so would be interesting about when board the ship. However, Newcastle was never offered as an option when we booked. Think it would be a case of making your own arrangements and of course canny extra cost ? 

We looked at Newcastle flights and they are very expensive, plus a hotel.

On 3/16/2019 at 6:25 PM, happy v said:

Yes living in the North East I feel the same. Hate night flights anyway and now when we go abroad by air we refuse to consider anything but daytimes. So will be giving Dubai a miss, much though I love Oceana.