Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Orator

Met head of Loyalty for Celebrity

Recommended Posts

I met Andrea Shey, the Head of Loyalty Department and some of her staff on the Reflection. She seems interested in receiving feedback from cruisers on the Loyalty program and I am opening this thread to give cruisers a platform for making suggestions. I know that the loyalty staff reads Cruise Critic and think that this would be a way to communicate. I discussed several subjects with Andrea including a new level at 1500 points. Since I want members to feel free to communicate I won't comment on any suggestions that may follow or the specific content of any discussion with her. Other Zeniths were involved in the discussion and I will treat their comments as private.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We met Andrea in 2017, and she actually attended our Zenith bridge party.  I also suggested a loyalty tier between Elite+ and Zenith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We met Andrea in 2017, and she actually attended our Zenith bridge party.  I also suggested a loyalty tier between Elite+ and Zenith

Copy that. 750 to 3000 points is just too much without another stop. 1500 sound just about right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bubbachief said:

Copy that. 750 to 3000 points is just too much without another stop. 1500 sound just about right.

 I agree the jump from 750 to 3000 is too big and adding a level at 1500 or even 2000 would be a plus.

Some perks that could be added to the new level are:

increase dry cleaning allowance from 1 piece to 3 pieces

1 free specialty restaurant meal

free Basic internet package 

30% off a beverage package

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another vote for an additional level between Diamond+ and Zenith.  Also like Jelayne's list of perks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have heard that if you successfully use the Move Up program, you don't get the extra CC points for the higher room.  That just doesn't seem right, since you're paying more to Move Up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please get her to use Celebrity's email data base to reach members as her predecessor did.  I have yet to receive any information from her.

I would like to see another level between 3,000 and 99,999 :classic_wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We are E+ now, have been for several cruises but unlikely ever to reach Zenith.....It would be nice to have another level that seems achievable!

 

So many guests now have drinks and WiFi as part of a package I think many regular cruisers would value perks that cannot be bought but add to the cruise experience. 

 

For example, why not have a boarding day champagne lunch in a corner of the MDR for E++ guests? Or how about an Elite++ spirit tasting activity or a Tuscan lunch for E++ guests on a sea day? 

 

We would welcome more activities involving socialising with likeminded fellow cruisers rather than discounts that if you have a package become meaningless....

Edited by chemmo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to me that is what the great Celebrity of the past used to do. I remember many many such events. Not since the new boss took her axe to the Captain's Club.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Please consider allowing another level between 750 and 3,000, as 3,000 is just about impossible to make unless you retire very early and have cruised for many, many years prior. The gap is just too wide and too difficult to achieve, so it just defeats itself!  As for perks, a choice of perks would be quite nice, including free internet, specialy dining, a percentage off beverage packages etc...Choices are always very nice to have, as not everyone enjoys having the same identical perks...reading Cruise Critic validates this!

Edited by Lastdance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

it's just too far a jump to ever get from Elite +  to Zenith  ... this  gap reduces any incentive to try for Zenith

 

 Wish the tier match  with Royal C would stop with Diamond and Elite..

 

Celeb Elite + events have become very overcrowded with inclusion of Diamond +.   Anything past Elite should be earned on X,,, (&  vice versa for post Diamond )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think an incentive between Elite plus and Zenith with decent incentives is good business. I have a close friend who cruisers way more than I. When she hit Elite plus she jumped ship to try other brands and experiences since she felt she would never hit Zenith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't think the reason people are "jumping ship" has anything to do with not being able to make Zenith.

 

You know it used to be that the product was so good and so fairly priced that no one cared about perks. We didn't have to play the pricing games either. Every time they add another layer of perks or so called "freebies" the product seems to diminish. I'd give it all back for the outstanding food, service and activities for everyone. Just my opinion.

Edited by Ma Bell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have never seen an Elite + event.  What are some examples?

 

hcat I don’t understand your post because the match between Royal and Celebrity does stop at Diamond/Elite

 

Diamond + does not equate to Elite +.  Only to Elite.  And if you achieve Elite by means of having sales on Royal, you still have zero points on Celebrity and have to start from there in order to get to elite plus as only your Celebrity point count for celebrity status from then on. From your post, it doesn’t look to me like you think that’s the way it works, but that’s how it is.  

Edited by cruisestitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with others that there should be another tier between 750 and 3,000.  Frankly, I think Celebrity is overwhelmed now with the amount of passengers reaching Elite and Elite+.  I think they shot themselves in the foot when they established the threshold for both of these tires.  They are too easy to acquire.  As other have said Zenith is way off in the distance for most of us, so there is no incentive to keep cruising with Celebrity after reaching Elite+.  If they stopped the reciprocity that, too, would cut down on the numbers at the Captains Club events and maybe they could revive that lovely party we used to have with the roast beef, sushi and crepe suzettes!  That being said, we still love to cruise Celebrity and will be on her again soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was E+ to D+, so I  stand corrected.

 

That said there are way too many at most events,  and the numbers coming from Royal to X "seem" to be more than Celeb  going to Royal..

 

I think that is  partly due to when the triple perks began,   and  after Royal's  move to very large ships.  Once they come to X,  I think many see a better fit for their cruising needs.

 

Just my subjective thoughts...I would have preferred the loyalty perks for each stayed sep  and X and Royal maintained sep  identities...they are getting closer all the time!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to see milestone awards like some of the luxury lines.  1500 points, $150 on board credit; 2000 points, dinner in specialty restaurant for four, 2500 points, $300 on board credit, etc.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, hcat said:

I thought it was E+ to D+, so I  stand corrected.

 

That said there are way too many at most events,  and the numbers coming from Royal to X "seem" to be more than Celeb  going to Royal..

 

I think that is  partly due to when the triple perks began,   and  after Royal's  move to very large ships.  Once they come to X,  I think many see a better fit for their cruising needs.

 

Just my subjective thoughts...I would have preferred the loyalty perks for each stayed sep  and X and Royal maintained sep  identities...they are getting closer all the time!

 

 

 

 

 

I'm probably in the 1% that would just like to see the two programs combined like the airlines and hotels do. When I'm flying, I actually get a better product on Lufthansa than United, for instance, even though my status is through United (Lufthansa's clubs kick United's in the [deleted].)

 

We're in the group you're discussing. We moved to Celebrity because we grew up. In our early 40's, even without kids, the RC product was very attractive. In our mid-50's, still without kids, Celebrity is great. We'll likely never get beyond Elite (status match from RC) with none of our points from RC counting. I doubt we'll go back to RC, although I think their Northern European product is great. At the Junior Suite/Sky Suite level, X's product is echelons above RC's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think is is very naive to think the gap between Elite+ and Zenith does not play a roll in people checking out other cruise lines.  It has for us and we’ve had a few disappoints but also some hits.  We still cruise a few Celebrity cruises a year  but other lines are now on our schedule.  2020 has us trying out Virgin Voyages and we are very happy with Viking Ocean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ma Bell said:

 

You know it used to be that the product was so good and so fairly priced that no one cared about perks. We didn't have to play the pricing games either. Every time they add another layer of perks or so called "freebies" the product seems to diminish. I'd give it all back for the outstanding food, service and activities for everyone. Just my opinion.

Couldn't agree more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am elite plus with about 1100 points. No intention of getting to zenith.  No real incentive to make me book Celebrity.  An extra bag of laundry, some extra WiFi, and a cup of good coffee is nice, not a real reason to be loyal to Celebrity. Been cruising on Celebrity for more than 20 years. I have seen so many changes, some good, some bad.  Our first Celebrity cruise on Zenith was special. 25 cruises later..My most recent cruise on a Reflection was ok...nothing special.  Celebrity needs to improve the experience...fresh menus, new activities, books in the library, better toiletries, thicker towels, etc.  As the prices on Celebrity increase, I would hope that Celebrity would improve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, markeb said:

 

I'm probably in the 1% that would just like to see the two programs combined like the airlines and hotels do. When I'm flying, I actually get a better product on Lufthansa than United, for instance, even though my status is through United (Lufthansa's clubs kick United's in the [deleted].)

 

We're in the group you're discussing. We moved to Celebrity because we grew up. In our early 40's, even without kids, the RC product was very attractive. In our mid-50's, still without kids, Celebrity is great. We'll likely never get beyond Elite (status match from RC) with none of our points from RC counting. I doubt we'll go back to RC, although I think their Northern European product is great. At the Junior Suite/Sky Suite level, X's product is echelons above RC's.

 

As is the price. Since we’ve left Celebrity 2 1/2 years ago, we’ve done RCL’s Allure of the Seas in a Grand Suite, and MSC’s Seaside in the Yacht Club Deluxe Suite for less than $200 p.p. per day. The rooms and balconys are much bigger, the perks are very similar and the overall experience much better. There is much more to see and do on these ships than watch the drunks, at the bars getting their moneys worth from the “free” drink packages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Beachlover1989 said:

I have heard that if you successfully use the Move Up program, you don't get the extra CC points for the higher room.  That just doesn't seem right, since you're paying more to Move Up. 

I agree.  Not quite sure why they did that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are Elite Plus & would love to see another level somewhere between 1500 & 2000 points whatever would give us the “Choice of a Perk” of our choice.  I also think a Specialy dining one night would be great.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo invites you to #CrewUpWithWomen
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...