Met head of Loyalty for Celebrity

Orator

19 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

There is a chart here https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits.

Priority seating in theater is still listed.  I don't see any mention of Luggage Valet or Extend Your Stay both were where available.

Are they silently taking these things away?  I know both were listed a couple of months ago as I reached Zenith level.  I'm thinking I printed the list and am still hunting for it.

Edit:

I did find the list from Feb and they weren't mentioned there either.  I'm searching for the other document I found which did reference them.

If they are taking away benefits from Zenith Members they should have the courtesy to inform us. Again Andrea Shea has some responsibility to do this.

Benefits should be the same on all the ships. We should know what to expect.

I was invited to dine with a couple in suite.

Found out they don’t have every day menu like they have on the Edge.

Wonder it’s the same to other Solstice class ship.

The diner menu didn’t turn out to be exciting so three of us ordered from the MDR menu.

Today is Captain’s Club Celebration.

Very nice of Maria the captain club hostess delivered the roses and the wine to my room even though I didn’t attended the party.

Guess they now honoring the all Zenith members with roses and wine.

6449D375-8342-437A-A33D-5522224ED200.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, verizon said:

Today is Captain’s Club Celebration.

Very nice of Maria the captain club hostess delivered the roses and the wine to my room even though I didn’t attended the party.

Guess they now honoring the all Zenith members with roses and wine.

6449D375-8342-437A-A33D-5522224ED200.jpeg

How nice!

I see X has created a custom made label for your wine bottle.

On 4/15/2019 at 8:28 PM, verizon said:

I was invited to dine with a couple in suite.

Found out they don’t have every day menu like they have on the Edge.

Wonder it’s the same to other Solstice class ship.

The diner menu didn’t turn out to be exciting so three of us ordered from the MDR menu.

The everyday day menu on Edge is a substitute for the MDR menu that is not offered on the Edge.  Since the Luminae kitchen on the Solstice Class in adjacent to the MDR kitchen, they offer the full MDR menu including the everyday items.  Escargot is my favorite.  

6 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

How nice!

I see X has created a custom made label for your wine bottle.

Yes very  nice that Celebrity recognized all Zeniths.

There are 9 Zeniths on this cruise.

i don’t think I am the TOP cruiser.

Edited by verizon

42 minutes ago, verizon said:

Yes very  nice that Celebrity recognized all Zeniths.

There are 9 Zeniths on this cruise.

i don’t think I am the TOP cruiser.

Congratulations.  What ship are you on?  If they recognized all 9 Zeniths with a floral bouquet and wine this is a very nice gesture.   Perhaps it is something that this particular Captain's Club Hostess chose to do.

Enjoy your flowers and wine.

49 minutes ago, Welland said:

Congratulations.  What ship are you on?  If they recognized all 9 Zeniths with a floral bouquet and wine this is a very nice gesture.   Perhaps it is something that this particular Captain's Club Hostess chose to do.

Enjoy your flowers and wine.

I am on Solstice from Sydney to Hawaii.

Maria did a good job.

I wish someone would explain the Andrea that one of her highest priorities should be consistency in the customer loyalty programs across all the ships.  It's such a common theme on CC....shows up in so many threads....do Zenith's sit with suite guests? is there a luggage valet program? at a lower level, is there a choice of pillows/pillow menu? does the elite/elite plus discount on liquor packages apply to the upgrade to premium?  I could go on....but that would be an entirely different thread.

Maybe a Zenith could get her attention on this......I'm just a lowly elite plus 🙂 

We’re elite plus and I must say I appreciate the benefits that loyalty brings.

With our very poor CAD and recent huge price increases on Celebrity, instead of AQ or balcony cabins we are now occasionally looking to book an OV cabin depending on the itinerary, or checking out other cruise lines or doing land based holidays. 

I can’t understand why OV are given same number of points per day as an inside as there is often a huge price difference between the two categories.   I think OV should receive an additional point per night and be in between inside and balcony level.  

I would also like to see a new level created between elite plus and zenith.   

• 2 weeks later...

The good old days is back.

Today I received an invitation to dine with the Hotel Director this evening.

There will be nine Zenith members and surely we will have a good time together.

For those Zenith members please don’t give up,Celebrity still love us.

Maria Tudor you did it again.

Thank you.

A82B7D25-881B-4932-8764-1516D641CD3B.jpeg

We are Elite+, and will also doubtfully make Zenith. 

Another level would be nice. 

I also like the idea of a reward at tier milestones.

We are still booking Celebrity because we like it, however the CC rewards for Elite+ are not a big incentive, when first time cruisers on our Edge sailing have all 4 perks including premium drink package.

We will certainly look at other cruise lines going forward.

More importantly, since most of the perks are either usurped by the packages we book with or getting tiresome (crowded backstage tours, tea, wine tastings at 11am), I have often thought there should be some useful perks that would not cost Celebrity anything.

The priority tendering perk, should be extended to ports where there is a wait to walk off, as we experienced in St Petersburgh, (a line to get numbered tickets), New Orleans , Quebec and some other ports.

After many cruises we don't need a discounted photo package, how many pictures of us can we own, however 1 free 8 x 10 ( RCCL diamond perk) would be a nice momento.

We have experienced longer lines at Elite for check in, than our friends without Elite have. Celebrity needs to determine the number of Elite passengers ahead of boarding, and adjust the number of people dedicated to that category.

The 15% discount in Specialty dining is also a useless perk, we are always offered a 30% discount on board. Perhaps this could be adjusted to a 50% discount once per cruise. It's less about the money and more about feeling that after so many trips with Celebrity, we are valued customers.

4 hours ago, NJNY said:

We are Elite+, and will also doubtfully make Zenith. 

Another level would be nice. 

I also like the idea of a reward at tier milestones.

We are still booking Celebrity because we like it, however the CC rewards for Elite+ are not a big incentive, when first time cruisers on our Edge sailing have all 4 perks including premium drink package.

We will certainly look at other cruise lines going forward.

More importantly, since most of the perks are either usurped by the packages we book with or getting tiresome (crowded backstage tours, tea, wine tastings at 11am), I have often thought there should be some useful perks that would not cost Celebrity anything.

The priority tendering perk, should be extended to ports where there is a wait to walk off, as we experienced in St Petersburgh, (a line to get numbered tickets), New Orleans , Quebec and some other ports.

After many cruises we don't need a discounted photo package, how many pictures of us can we own, however 1 free 8 x 10 ( RCCL diamond perk) would be a nice momento.

We have experienced longer lines at Elite for check in, than our friends without Elite have. Celebrity needs to determine the number of Elite passengers ahead of boarding, and adjust the number of people dedicated to that category.

The 15% discount in Specialty dining is also a useless perk, we are always offered a 30% discount on board. Perhaps this could be adjusted to a 50% discount once per cruise. It's less about the money and more about feeling that after so many trips with Celebrity, we are valued customers.

We are also Elite Plus and strongly feel there should be a level in-between.  They could offer some perks that don't cost them much money - it would just be nice to be recognized.  We have 51 cruises on X under our belts and are still only a little more than half-way to Zenith.  As loyalty programs go, that just strikes me as unreasonable.  I thought when we hit our 50th cruise we'd at least get a call from the CC hostess onboard, or a little recognition in Blu (we advised our hostess and maitre d' - they did nothing), or something.  Nope. 

I also agree much of what was a perk really doesn't matter anymore, in the days of purchasing packages that include internet and drinks.  We also find the Specialty dining perk absolutely useless - we never book unless we can get a minimum of 20% off and virtually always get from 30-50%.  I also agree about the check-in lines - they are often longer than others.  The only perk we actually take advantage of regularly is the laundry.  Sometimes we use the priority tendering, but even then we are never advised ahead of time by the host/hostess - we always have to call and ask if it is even available. 

I'm glad to hear Celebrity still cares about Zenith.  I feel other than Zenith and suites they really don't care all that much about the rest of us as respects loyalty.  Most of us Elite Plus (I know, not all) are in a demographic Celebrity apparently no longer wants onboard anyway, so I think that explains alot.

Edited by phoenix_dream

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I'm glad to hear Celebrity still cares about Zenith.  I feel other than Zenith and suites they really don't care all that much about the rest of us as respects loyalty.  Most of us Elite Plus (I know, not all) are in a demographic Celebrity apparently no longer wants onboard anyway, so I think that explains alot.

You've summed up the Celebrity of today very well.....at least our perception agrees with yours.  I'm not really sure if Celebrity cares less about us now...or if it's a perception because of the fawning they do over suite guests....and the perception that leaves is that they don't care much about the rest of us common folks in steerage, even though we are always in an A1/C2/A1 cabin depending on rates and availability.  We don't need to be loved....we just don't enjoy being reminded that we aren't loved...if that makes sense.

There have been a number of suggestions of what could be included in a new level....it's not rocket science.  But any new level will have a cost....an expense or lost revenue.  Clearly, Celebrity HQ doesn't feel that the return on that investment is worth the cost.  They may be right, but it would at least recognize that your ongoing "loyalty" has value that they care about.....and maybe it's a step to changing perceptions.  

1 minute ago, ghstudio said:

You've summed up the Celebrity of today very well.....at least our perception agrees with yours.  I'm not really sure if Celebrity cares less about us now...or if it's a perception because of the fawning they do over suite guests....and the perception that leaves is that they don't care much about the rest of us common folks in steerage, even though we are always in an A1/C2/A1 cabin depending on rates and availability.  We don't need to be loved....we just don't enjoy being reminded that we aren't loved...if that makes sense.

There have been a number of suggestions of what could be included in a new level....it's not rocket science.  But any new level will have a cost....an expense or lost revenue.  Clearly, Celebrity HQ doesn't feel that the return on that investment is worth the cost.  They may be right, but it would at least recognize that your ongoing "loyalty" has value that they care about.....and maybe it's a step to changing perceptions.  

Thanks for your input.  I do know what you mean about the fawning.  I think most reasonable people do not have any issue with suite guests getting extra because they paid extra,  that's only fair.  But it seems like lately that is being rubbed in our faces every time we turn around.  Maybe that is what gets to us.  There is a saying that goes something like "people may not always remember what you do to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel" (forgive me if I got the quote a little wrong).  Lately Celebrity is making me feel unimportant.

1 minute ago, phoenix_dream said:

I think most reasonable people do not have any issue with suite guests getting extra because they paid extra,  that's only fair

See that’s the bit that irritates me most as suite guests don’t always pay extra. Case scenario, to cruise 7 nights in the Caribbean in a Sky Suite is less than 7 nights in a regular balcony in peak season in Europe. Therefore, I’m actually spending more money yet get less points. I know I have every opportunity to book that Caribbean cruise, but the point I’m making is that because I have to sail in peak seasons, I’m also losing out on points as well as paying up to 4 times as much for the same cabin. Anyway, I don’t cruise for the points, but thought I’d add my two-penneth worth into the conversation 🙊. And I’m used to being ‘unimportant’ :classic_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, villauk said:

See that’s the bit that irritates me most as suite guests don’t always pay extra. Case scenario, to cruise 7 nights in the Caribbean in a Sky Suite is less than 7 nights in a regular balcony in peak season in Europe. Therefore, I’m actually spending more money yet get less points. I know I have every opportunity to book that Caribbean cruise, but the point I’m making is that because I have to sail in peak seasons, I’m also losing out on points as well as paying up to 4 times as much for the same cabin. Anyway, I don’t cruise for the points, but thought I’d add my two-penneth worth into the conversation 🙊. And I’m used to being ‘unimportant’ :classic_biggrin:

that's an excellent point.  It also applies to other cabin categories - depending when and how and where you book you could end up paying double what someone else paid.  Makes one wonder if they shouldn't consider somehow factoring cost into the program.  Some loyalty programs (talking over the service industry, not just cruise lines) use that as the sole decider.  Others use cost plus other factors like number of flights, hotel stays, etc..  Maybe it's time Celebrity modified theirs to make these situations more fair.

• Like 1

Remember when Cunard was criticized for being all about accommodations by class, for being elitist?  Well, I'm feeling like the steerage equivalent on Celebrity with the open, enjoyable areas of the ships being taken over for more suites, etc.  Have a Royal and B2B on Celebrity this year, but also Princess and Holland America for 2020. 

12 hours ago, JHU said:

Remember when Cunard was criticized for being all about accommodations by class, for being elitist?  Well, I'm feeling like the steerage equivalent on Celebrity with the open, enjoyable areas of the ships being taken over for more suites, etc.  Have a Royal and B2B on Celebrity this year, but also Princess and Holland America for 2020. 

I think, for whatever it is worth, you are doing the "right thing".  If what you were previously doing wasn't giving you the satisfaction you were expecting, time to try other options.  If nothing else, you will at least have the satisfaction of having tried other options.  

Enjoy the "new" options -- Happy Hunting.

NRayH

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ghstudio said:

ghstudio, I know you are trying to emphasize a point.  But I always find it really odd that people on these boards who have sailed multiple times on an expensive cruise line characterize themselves as "us common folks in steerage".  We are all extremely fortunate compared to most on the planet.  I think Zenith or Elite+ or Elite or whatever are likely treated very well on Celebrity and if you feel you are not then just change cruiselines.  No need to feel envious of people in suites- some of them think they are common folks too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

We are also Elite Plus and strongly feel there should be a level in-between.  They could offer some perks that don't cost them much money - it would just be nice to be recognized.  We have 51 cruises on X under our belts and are still only a little more than half-way to Zenith.  As loyalty programs go, that just strikes me as unreasonable.  I thought when we hit our 50th cruise we'd at least get a call from the CC hostess onboard, or a little recognition in Blu (we advised our hostess and maitre d' - they did nothing), or something.  Nope. 

I also agree much of what was a perk really doesn't matter anymore, in the days of purchasing packages that include internet and drinks.  We also find the Specialty dining perk absolutely useless - we never book unless we can get a minimum of 20% off and virtually always get from 30-50%.  I also agree about the check-in lines - they are often longer than others.  The only perk we actually take advantage of regularly is the laundry.  Sometimes we use the priority tendering, but even then we are never advised ahead of time by the host/hostess - we always have to call and ask if it is even available. 

Would it matter to anyone if the parties with the officers were divided by loyalty level?

One party for Select, one for Elite and a separate one for Elite plus?

I know we have stopped going because the parties are so crowded and don't feel special but would having multiple parties be considered a small perk by anyone ?

I hear those who feel that their loyalty has been trimmed back.

I have pretty much have given up on loyalty programs. The shifting sands, drive me nuts. I fly once or twice a year and since I fly out of Minneapolis, it's Delta. There is absolutely no reason to even bother with their credit card, let alone mileage. It's unreachable.

I hosted an internet conference in Chicago every year at a Marriott and received points for my room and the conference room. After six years, it wasn't enough to pay for my pre flight hotel. The change in point criteria was crazy, year after year.
I know some do well with their rewards programs, but I currently stick my AMX card and that isn't so great either.
The travel industry seems to be doing very well at the moment. When things go down hill, you will see more loyalty perks.

Edited by Mike981
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, chamima said:

Would it matter to anyone if the parties with the officers were divided by loyalty level?

One party for Select, one for Elite and a separate one for Elite plus?

I know we have stopped going because the parties are so crowded and don't feel special but would having multiple parties be considered a small perk by anyone ?

Why make the officers do so many gatherings?  They also do smaller gatherings for suite guests and Zeniths, plus appearances at the Cruise Critic gatherings.

There was always the gen Cap Club party which we  now skip..and the Sr ofcrs party for E and up.  Problem is that recently ( on our last 2 or 3 cruises)  all cap club and suite guests have been included in that  party..It  is repetitive and makes it  crowded!

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Why make the officers do so many gatherings?  They also do smaller gatherings for suite guests and Zeniths, plus appearances at the Cruise Critic gatherings.

There was always the gen Cap Club party which we  now skip..and the Sr ofcrs party for E and up.  Problem is that recently ( on our last 2 or 3 cruises)  all cap club and suite guests have been included in that  party..It  is repetitive and makes it  crowded!

Maybe if they even went back to that it would make that one party seem a little more special.

What is the point of having 2 parties if the same people are invited to both?