Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Orator

Met head of Loyalty for Celebrity

Recommended Posts

hcat I understand as I am also E+.  But as E+ why do I care what paying suite guests get vs my loyalty perks? Or how they are treated as suite guests vs. how I am treated as a loyalty member (which is usually great by the way)?   It is not a relevant comparison IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ma Bell said:

This nonsense of overpricing the cruises from the beginning then offering a new "discount" or set of perks bundled into the price where they have just added the cost of the discount into the price beforehand is really not inspiring confidence in the company.  The experimenting with trying to chip away at the little things that have always made Celebrity a success is puzzling to me. Changing the final payment date is also part of the mind game. More recently, the holding back of many  available cabins on the website to make people think they are selling well is very disappointing.  It's obvious from the many "fire sales" I've seen lately closer to sailing time  that this philosophy is beginning to backfire.

For me, the "cake" in your very well presented assessment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TeeRick said:

hcat I understand as I am also E+.  But as E+ why do I care what paying suite guests get vs my loyalty perks? Or how they are treated as suite guests vs. how I am treated as a loyalty member (which is usually great by the way)?   It is not a relevant comparison IMO.

Also if I want extra special suite attention I just pay extra for a suite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, hcat said:

Suites ( along with other newly favored groups) board first and leave first...walked to customs.   So that  valuable priority  perk is quite watered down or useless. 

 

Actually Suite/Zenith disembarkation on Edge last week was a disappointment !!!

Guests escorted from the Retreat Lounge down the front elevator.

Then guided back to the one exit point. Guests from "The Club" mixed in.

At the one exit point there were HUNDREDS of passengers trying to get off.

Retreat concierge just said "bye" !!!

Crowding was so bad I got separated from my wife by several people.

No priority in the terminal for Suites/Zenith.

They were using a new facial recognition system.

My line shut down because it could not id one passenger.

Terminal 25 has 4 gangways. They only used one for the entire ship.

They could have dedicated one for the 600+ suite guests.....

Edited by TommyD3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 3:50 PM, Orator said:

I met Andrea Shey, the Head of Loyalty Department and some of her staff on the Reflection. She seems interested in receiving feedback from cruisers on the Loyalty program and I am opening this thread to give cruisers a platform for making suggestions. I know that the loyalty staff reads Cruise Critic and think that this would be a way to communicate. I discussed several subjects with Andrea including a new level at 1500 points. Since I want members to feel free to communicate I won't comment on any suggestions that may follow or the specific content of any discussion with her. Other Zeniths were involved in the discussion and I will treat their comments as private.

I would agree with this, but stop taking benefits away from the Elites and giving them to the uppers...give them a free specialty dining, or passage into the Persian Gardens or something like that....most of "regular" people will never get to the points needed to reclaim the benies' we lost....just sayin'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TommyD3 said:

Actually Suite/Zenith disembarkation on Edge last week was a disappointment !!!

Guests escorted from the Retreat Lounge down the front elevator.

Then guided back to the one exit point. Guests from "The Club" mixed in.

At the one exit point there were HUNDREDS of passengers trying to get off.

Retreat concierge just said "bye" !!!

Crowding was so bad I got separated from my wife by several people.

No priority in the terminal for Suites/Zenith.

They were using a new facial recognition system.

My line shut down because it could not id one passenger.

Terminal 25 has 4 gangways. They only used one for the entire ship.

They could have dedicated one for the 600+ suite guests.....

Bless your heart, your debarkation sounded like a traumatic event!

Our debarkation experience from the Edge in December was quite the opposite, fastest time off of any cruise ship ever. We did wait until after 9am to leave and the Suite Concierge escorted us off. There was only one line through the T25 terminal which moved along quickly. The facial recognition process was great. One person ahead of us was not recognized, but the TSA agent pulled them aside for a manual check so the line kept moving. Didn’t need our GE.

Hopefully your next experience will be better. I personally don’t see a need for priority for Suites/Zenith in the terminal, once one has departed the ship their “priority” ends. Jm2c. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

hcat I understand as I am also E+.  But as E+ why do I care what paying suite guests get vs my loyalty perks? Or how they are treated as suite guests vs. how I am treated as a loyalty member (which is usually great by the way)?   It is not a relevant comparison IMO.

Because we like to get on and off the ship without endless lines...and that ship has sailed for E and E plus. Boarding EDGE was a zoo for AQ class and E..We were almost trampled as there was utter disorder  under the new X system.  Once you are scanned in, you are on your own. It will be worse next time when we are not in AQ,,,welcome to the herd!  

 

Can't quite afford a suite yet and not excited about Luminae or need for Retreat...we enjoy the Solarium, gym  and spa area,....and  eat very plain so usually choose BLU!.

 

"It is what it  is"...packing lighter each time..for possible walk off...not sure how that works out on EDGE????

 

Hopeful for a new loyalty  level that includes priority on and off, and better spa discounts!

Edited by hcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TommyD3 said:

Actually Suite/Zenith disembarkation on Edge last week was a disappointment !!!

Guests escorted from the Retreat Lounge down the front elevator.

Then guided back to the one exit point. Guests from "The Club" mixed in.

At the one exit point there were HUNDREDS of passengers trying to get off.

Retreat concierge just said "bye" !!!

Crowding was so bad I got separated from my wife by several people.

No priority in the terminal for Suites/Zenith.

They were using a new facial recognition system.

My line shut down because it could not id one passenger.

Terminal 25 has 4 gangways. They only used one for the entire ship.

They could have dedicated one for the 600+ suite guests.....

 

Apparently Celebrity learned nothing from your priority disembarkation experience last week, Tommy...  I disembarked Edge via the Retreat Lounge yesterday--it was a forty five minute ordeal [it would have been fine if I'd known to expect but, based upon experience on other Celebrity ships, I had a car service booked with what was--I thought--very generous lead time]...  I could have written your comments...

 

Upon boarding on 10 March, Zenith members--there were twelve of us in total, some may have been occupying suites--had not been included on the Priority Luggage Drop-Off or Priority Boarding Lists either...  Upon discussing this--and asking a related loyalty question--with a member of The Retreat Lounge Concierge Team, it was clear to me that she was clueless--and worse, disinterested if not a suite guest [she kept telling me "Edge is different"; I'll say!]--in the context of instruction received pre-cruise from the Shoreside Concierge...   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Xport said:

Upon boarding on 10 March, Zenith members--there were twelve of us in total, some may have been occupying suites--had not been included on the Priority Luggage Drop-Off or Priority Boarding Lists either...  Upon discussing this--and asking a related loyalty question--with a member of The Retreat Lounge Concierge Team, it was clear to me that she was clueless--and worse, disinterested if not a suite guest [she kept telling me "Edge is different"; I'll say!]--in the context of instruction received pre-cruise from the Shoreside Concierge...   

Yes none of the Zeniths were on the list at Terminal 25 for access to the "Suite" lounge. They did let us in when they found out we were Zenith. Mentioned to both the suite manager and the HD but apparently they don't care !!!

My point with the disembarkation experience is it is one thing if a Sky Suite or a Zenith passenger in a non-suite cabin has that experience, but can you imagine being in one of the top suites, paying tens of thousands of $$$ and getting that experience ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Oville said:

This thread has gone a bit off the rails.  I think it started out about Charles meeting with The Loyalty person.  Next there was a discussion about a level between Elite Plus and Zenith.  Now it has focused for a few pages on the couple of hundred Zeniths having their feelings hurt.  Don’t you all get the premium beverage package, free internet, access to Michaels Club/Retreat Lounge, free cruises at different levels and perhaps even more?  What am I missing?

 

Charles, maybe you can help me out here, why are Zenith members so angry?  Thanks, Katie

 

Although I don't have any official statistics I would hazard a guess that there are probably about 400 Zeniths.  I don't think the majority of Zenith members are angry.  I think most of the Zeniths are appreciative of the perks that are given by Celebrity and appreciate the perks very much.  I do believe, however, there are a handful of Zeniths who are very vocal about their displeasure of the perceived unfair treatment they are receiving and they resent the fact that occupants of suites become Zenith quickly  I've actually heard someone use the term "Suite Zeniths" as if it was inferior to the folks who became Zenith by sailing a bazillion times in an inside/outside cabin.  

 

I do think that all Captain's Club perks (no matter what level you are at) should be consistent across the fleet, no matter what ship you sail.  I think some folks are upset when, for example, on one ship all Zenith members have dinner with an officer while on another ship they are not invited to a dinner.  With all that's going on in our daily lives and in the world today, I have much better things to focus on than who's getting flowers and who's getting a free dinner! 

 

Ma Bell's previous post was, in my opinion, spot on.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TommyD3 said:

Yes none of the Zeniths were on the list at Terminal 25 for access to the "Suite" lounge. They did let us in when they found out we were Zenith. Mentioned to both the suite manager and the HD but apparently they don't care !!!

My point with the disembarkation experience is it is one thing if a Sky Suite or a Zenith passenger in a non-suite cabin has that experience, but can you imagine being in one of the top suites, paying tens of thousands of $$$ and getting that experience ???

Tom,

It seem Celebrity treat us as 2nd class and very difference from Suites guests.

I happened to find out from one of the Concierge 2 years ago.

I don't blame the concierge,may be that is what Celebrity wanted  them to treat us.

T25 is very disorganized regarding about checking in.The security on duty refused me to check in at Suite Check In hall and sent me to the other hall for check in.Luckily I met a check in person on the other hall and know I am Zenith and brought me back to the Suite Check In section.When I brought up to the Celebrity in charge at Suite Check In,they seem don't care.

I really hope who ever work at the Check in are properly informed by Celebrity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great post, Ma Bell.  They need someone like you in LLP's job.

 

I think Celebrity has gone down the road of whoever pays gets the perks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Ma Bell said:

We're not all angry.  Personally, I think we have some remarkable benefits on the Zenith level. I'm very fortunate to be there and to always be treated well. I have been blessed to meet so many wonderful people on board Celebrity ships; staff, crew and passengers alike.

 

 

All that being said I think there is a feeling of disappointment that quite a few people are feeling.  As I said earlier, to me the benefits are great and should be difficult to attain but truthfully I'm more interested in the underlying corporate philosophy and product for everyone. We can have discussions about what kinds of freebies everyone should have but the truth is "there's no free lunch" for anyone. Just give us a fairly priced, excellent product without the pricing games and we'll all be loyal and recommend Celebrity to all our family, friends and acquaintances.

 

This nonsense of overpricing the cruises from the beginning then offering a new "discount" or set of perks bundled into the price where they have just added the cost of the discount into the price beforehand is really not inspiring confidence in the company.  The experimenting with trying to chip away at the little things that have always made Celebrity a success is puzzling to me. Changing the final payment date is also part of the mind game. More recently, the holding back of many  available cabins on the website to make people think they are selling well is very disappointing.  It's obvious from the many "fire sales" I've seen lately closer to sailing time  that this philosophy is beginning to backfire.

 

As someone who has obviously been a very loyal Celebrity cruiser and who has also brought many people to the product I wish Celebrity would concentrate on the cake instead of the frosting.  If someone asks me which cruise line I'm sailing I will tell them but I used to be an unpaid recruiter for the company. Now I'm a little bit afraid to make the recommendation.

 

I love all the staff and crew aboard the ships and that's probably the main reason I stick around but all this certainly makes it a lot more difficult for them to provide the kind of service they once could. How ridiculous is it that you can't even get a table in your cabin or on your balcony on the new builds. People are paying outrageous prices for Sky Suites and they don't even come with tables, chairs or loungers. That's just crazy.

 

Sorry for really going off the rails, I guess I'm just feeling a bit disappointed.

 

 

Thank you, thank you, thank you. We are not at Zenith level, and most likely never will get there, but have been with Celebrity since the days of Meridian. Every point you have made is exactly how we now feel towards Celebrity. 

 

Bravo!!!

Edited by richsea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, jcpc said:

 

Although I don't have any official statistics I would hazard a guess that there are probably about 400 Zeniths.  I don't think the majority of Zenith members are angry.  I think most of the Zeniths are appreciative of the perks that are given by Celebrity and appreciate the perks very much.  I do believe, however, there are a handful of Zeniths who are very vocal about their displeasure of the perceived unfair treatment they are receiving and they resent the fact that occupants of suites become Zenith quickly  I've actually heard someone use the term "Suite Zeniths" as if it was inferior to the folks who became Zenith by sailing a bazillion times in an inside/outside cabin.  

 

I do think that all Captain's Club perks (no matter what level you are at) should be consistent across the fleet, no matter what ship you sail.  I think some folks are upset when, for example, on one ship all Zenith members have dinner with an officer while on another ship they are not invited to a dinner.  With all that's going on in our daily lives and in the world today, I have much better things to focus on than who's getting flowers and who's getting a free dinner! 

 

Ma Bell's previous post was, in my opinion, spot on.

 

 

Thank you for your reply and I agree with you about MaBell’s post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only have 50 or so celebrity cruises. Most of those that I encounter are seniors/and or Florida residents. We are both.

Lets face it the bulk of the passengers are not "suite snobs". The perfect solution might be to put all the " suite people" in purple uniforms for their earned recognition.

For the rest of us old guys-most don't drink a lot (anymore). Celeb is doing their best to eliminate the evening social hour.

Why not give us a few drinks -good throughout the day? Could be 3 for elite, 5 E+, etc.

I wholly endorse the added level of Elite Plus Plus @1500 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jcpc said:

 

Although I don't have any official statistics I would hazard a guess that there are probably about 400 Zeniths.  I don't think the majority of Zenith members are angry.  I think most of the Zeniths are appreciative of the perks that are given by Celebrity and appreciate the perks very much.  I do believe, however, there are a handful of Zeniths who are very vocal about their displeasure of the perceived unfair treatment they are receiving and they resent the fact that occupants of suites become Zenith quickly  I've actually heard someone use the term "Suite Zeniths" as if it was inferior to the folks who became Zenith by sailing a bazillion times in an inside/outside cabin.  

 

I do think that all Captain's Club perks (no matter what level you are at) should be consistent across the fleet, no matter what ship you sail.  I think some folks are upset when, for example, on one ship all Zenith members have dinner with an officer while on another ship they are not invited to a dinner.  With all that's going on in our daily lives and in the world today, I have much better things to focus on than who's getting flowers and who's getting a free dinner! 

 

Ma Bell's previous post was, in my opinion, spot on.

 

 

I appreciate your thoughts and agree with you. But I am saddened to read the comments you attribute to some Zenith members. I know that there are those who achieved their status by, as you say, “sailing a bazillion times in inside/outside cabins. It probably does take a lot of time and loyalty to the brand to do it this way, but imo ultimately costs less money than those who sail in Suites. Some people have less time during their careers to cruise and treat themselves to a suite when they do. Why would their status be considered inferior?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I appreciate your thoughts and agree with you. But I am saddened to read the comments you attribute to some Zenith members. I know that there are those who achieved their status by, as you say, “sailing a bazillion times in inside/outside cabins. It probably does take a lot of time and loyalty to the brand to do it this way, but imo ultimately costs less money than those who sail in Suites. Some people have less time during their careers to cruise and treat themselves to a suite when they do. Why would their status be considered inferior?

It always amazes me that people are so worried about whatever someone else is doing. It seems to me it all kind of evens out in the long run. Many of those people who cruised a bazillion times in lower level cabins also lived lose to the port and never went anywhere they had to pay for airfare. They also got credit for a lot of last minute 3 and 4 day cruises. So what... good for them

 

Personally I've been sailing with Celebrity since the early 90s, have sailed in all kinds of cabins and almost always on long cruises. We have preferred Sky Suites because we like the room, storage and the ability to escape a snoring husband by heading for the sofa.  Recently, we have cut back on the number of cruises because of price of the suites.  We also always have a hefty airfare to go along with the cruise since we live in Arizona and don't sail the Caribbean.

 

We were almost Zenith when they changed the program to include more points for different level suites and finally gave credit to singles who were paying double for their cabins. Is there a way to use the system to get there faster? Sure, but there was also a way to do that for the people who lived close to port and took advantage of really cheap last minute fares to pad the number of cruises. They also had the enjoyment of the time spent on board. What difference does it really make how anyone got there. It's apples and oranges and they have tried to make it as equitable as possible for everyone.

 

Being Zenith has a lot of nice benefits but honestly the "recognition" is last on the list for me. I like to think I am treated nicely because I treat others nicely rather than because of a designation but I may just be fooling myself. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cruiseerf said:

It happened to be a 10 day cruise and YES, people place lots of trust in their travel professionals.....who book and often don't check for price drops, or just book themselves and they don't know to check.... etc.  We have often met people onboard ships who, after a meal or two together, divulge what they spent and it has often been 2X+ what we have.  To quote Marci Syms......An Educated consumer is our best customer.......And many consumers are not.......Which is why we have billions of dollars of fraud each year in the USA etc......Not everyone is on cruisecritic........cheers.   

Certainly you may be correct, but I remain skeptical.  $1600 a day for a Sky Suite is outrageously high IMO.  I monitor suite prices on my cruises regularly.  Based on my observations there  would have been a lot of SS sold for much less than $1K a day for two people.  Those $1600 a day rates are only when there are one or two SS suites available.  As you say it is possible that someone that has no knowledge.  Or did not care would pay that price.  There have always been RS available for much less than $1600 a day for two people.  

Since the SS’s listed at those prices disappear at some point, so it would indicate that someone may have paid those prices.

Does anyone on this thread care to confuse to paying anything close to $800 pp a day for a Sky Suite?  Or know anyone that has?  Just curious.

 

Theoretically yes, but really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you that are commenting about the degrading of the Zenith benefits. (Mostly about premium benefits being offered at premium pricing to non Zeniths) IMO the Zenith benefit is an amazing lifetime benefit that does not require any undoing spend to maintain. (Like on an airline)  There is a list of very generous extras associated with this level.  

 

It is a very special level that only a very low percentage of cruisers will have an opportunity to achieve.  If the list of existing benefits is not good enough to satisfy those at that level, then some people are destined to be unhappy. 

Do not forget how fortunate you are and do not forget to stop and “smell the roses” even if you are booked in an inside cabin.

 

Congratulations.

:classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

Yes none of the Zeniths were on the list at Terminal 25 for access to the "Suite" lounge. They did let us in when they found out we were Zenith. Mentioned to both the suite manager and the HD but apparently they don't care !!!

My point with the disembarkation experience is it is one thing if a Sky Suite or a Zenith passenger in a non-suite cabin has that experience, but can you imagine being in one of the top suites, paying tens of thousands of $$$ and getting that experience ???

 

Well, I can tell you what my response would be.  High-end suite passengers pay dearly for those perks.  I don't always sail in a high-end suite, but if I do, I expect to be escorted on board and off the ship to a dedicated luggage area.  As Maya (MCC Concierge at the time) told us once upon a time, you are not to stand in line anywhere.  The day that quits happening, I will no longer be paying those prices.  Shoot, even MSC Yacht Club has that figured out--a butler escorts you on board and to the gangway when exiting, bypassing all sorts of horrendous lines.  For a LOT less money that one pays in a high-end suite on Celebrity.  There are other cruiselines out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I’m reading this thread with interest, and some trepidation. DH and I will experience Elite benefits (yes Elite, not Elite+ or Zenith) for the first time on our upcoming transatlantic cruise on Edge. We earned all our Captain’s Club points on Celebrity, the only line we have sailed. 

 

I had been looking forward to the Captain’s Club cocktail party aboard Edge, because I had hoped to have the opportunity to converse with other people who love travel, by land or by water. I had hoped to have a chance to converse with some of you, or people like you. Many of you have been so generous to the Cruise Critic community, sharing tips, warnings, and private shore excursions, that I have felt welcome, even when I was a cruise newbie. However, some of the comments I have read on this thread, and others, in which Captain’s Club members seem to be dividing themselves into factions by level, and even by how that level was achieved, lead me to wonder if I will feel welcome at the Captain’s Club cocktail party. 

 

Though I don’t anticipate reaching Zenith, I have friends who are in the middle of that vast gap between Elite+ and Zenith. It certainly seems reasonable and fair to add another level midway between the two. 

Edited by Silkroad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

 

Well, I can tell you what my response would be.  High-end suite passengers pay dearly for those perks.  I don't always sail in a high-end suite, but if I do, I expect to be escorted on board and off the ship to a dedicated luggage area.  As Maya (MCC Concierge at the time) told us once upon a time, you are not to stand in line anywhere.  The day that quits happening, I will no longer be paying those prices.  Shoot, even MSC Yacht Club has that figured out--a butler escorts you on board and to the gangway when exiting, bypassing all sorts of horrendous lines.  For a LOT less money that one pays in a high-end suite on Celebrity.  There are other cruiselines out there.

We met Maya once. She was absolutely wonderful. Great at her job and a good sense of humor.  No one has compared to her.since. Do you know where she is now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I’m reading this thread with interest, and some trepidation. DH and I will experience Elite benefits (yes Elite, not Elite+ or Zenith) for the first time on our upcoming transatlantic cruise on Edge. We earned all our Captain’s Club points on Celebrity, the only line we have sailed. 

 

I had been looking forward to the Captain’s Club cocktail party, because I had hoped to have the opportunity to converse with other people who love travel, by land or by water. I had hoped to have a chance to converse with some of you, or people like you. Many of you have been so generous to the Cruise Critic community, sharing tips, warnings, and private shore excursions, that I have felt welcome, even when I was a cruise newbie. However, some of the comments I have read on this thread, and others, in which Captain’s Club members seem to be dividing themselves into factions by level, and even by how that level was achieved, lead me to wonder if I will feel welcome at the Captain’s Club cocktail party. 

 

Though I don’t anticipate reaching Zenith, I have friends who are in the middle of that vast gap between Elite+ and Zenith. It certainly seems reasonable and fair to add another level midway between the two. 

Don't worry, in my experience things like this don't ever come up in conversation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cruise it or lose it said:

We met Maya once. She was absolutely wonderful. Great at her job and a good sense of humor.  No one has compared to her.since. Do you know where she is now?

On vacation but should be back on Reflection in May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Ma Bell said:

It always amazes me that people are so worried about whatever someone else is doing. It seems to me it all kind of evens out in the long run. Many of those people who cruised a bazillion times in lower level cabins also lived lose to the port and never went anywhere they had to pay for airfare. They also got credit for a lot of last minute 3 and 4 day cruises. So what... good for them

 

Personally I've been sailing with Celebrity since the early 90s, have sailed in all kinds of cabins and almost always on long cruises. We have preferred Sky Suites because we like the room, storage and the ability to escape a snoring husband by heading for the sofa.  Recently, we have cut back on the number of cruises because of price of the suites.  We also always have a hefty airfare to go along with the cruise since we live in Arizona and don't sail the Caribbean.

 

We were almost Zenith when they changed the program to include more points for different level suites and finally gave credit to singles who were paying double for their cabins. Is there a way to use the system to get there faster? Sure, but there was also a way to do that for the people who lived close to port and took advantage of really cheap last minute fares to pad the number of cruises. They also had the enjoyment of the time spent on board. What difference does it really make how anyone got there. It's apples and oranges and they have tried to make it as equitable as possible for everyone.

 

Being Zenith has a lot of nice benefits but honestly the "recognition" is last on the list for me. I like to think I am treated nicely because I treat others nicely rather than because of a designation but I may just be fooling myself. LOL

Once again, Ma Bell, you hit the nail directly on the head.  I agree - who cares how or why someone attained Zenith level.  BUT not all Zeniths feel that way.  The way it was explained to me was this:  If someone were to sail on 10-night cruises in the PH they would be Zenith after 17 cruises.  However, if that person sailed in Balcony cabins he or she would need to sail 100 times to attain Zenith level.  Some folks feel that 17 cruises does not make you LOYAL to the brand whereas 100 cruises does make you loyal to the brand.   

 

I have a similar sailing history as you do.  My first Celebrity cruise was in the early 90's.  I've sailed Celebrity almost exclusively since then because I thought, and still think, that Celebrity offers me what I'm looking for.  Has it changed since the 90's?  Sure it has - but what hasn't??  I was never able to take advantage of "last minute deals" as I was working.  I started sailing in inside cabins then gradually moved up to outside, balcony, and more recently have been lucky enough to sometimes sail in suites.  Would I have attained Zenith by now if I wasn't lucky enough to sail in suites?  I don't know!!  Probably not!  But who cares.  Status means nothing to me  and I'm happy with the free beverage package and free internet!  (Although I will say in my younger days I would have benefited from the "free drinks" perk but as I got older I find I can't drink like I did when I was younger!!! LOL)

 

 

Edited by jcpc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...