"Virgin" Drinks

kenb

I have a friend who are planning on sailing on NCL to Bermuda and was wondering if the drink package offered by NCL which is one of the three things that they can obtain includes non alcoholic frozen drinks.  They do not drink at all but like to drink these drinks if nonalcoholic.  I told her that I do not know but I would find out for her.  This is their first cruise so I am trying to walk them thru the cruise as to a room and what to get as their picks but leaving the final discussion up to them.

1 hour ago, Sam The Cat said:

I have a friend who are planning on sailing on NCL to Bermuda and was wondering if the drink package offered by NCL which is one of the three things that they can obtain includes non alcoholic frozen drinks.  They do not drink at all but like to drink these drinks if nonalcoholic.  I told her that I do not know but I would find out for her.  This is their first cruise so I am trying to walk them thru the cruise as to a room and what to get as their picks but leaving the final discussion up to them.

I am also curious if a 20 year old can with the soda package can get a non alcoholic frozen drink or would he have to pay for it.

1 hour ago, PegNRay said:

I am also curious if a 20 year old can with the soda package can get a non alcoholic frozen drink or would he have to pay for it.

No, they are not included with soda. We sometimes get our son frozen virgin drinks with our own packages, and the bartenders will do this for no charge. The key is don't be sneaky about it. Have the minor standing right there with you, and be clear about what you are doing, so that they have the option of saying no, and so you aren't trying to trick them. Technically it shouldn't be allowed, but we've done it a few times without issue.

Edited by LrgPizza

On 3/15/2019 at 6:12 AM, Sam The Cat said:

Yes they are.  I loved the “virgin” Miami vice.  I can’t drink rum due to having an intolerance.  All frozen non- alcoholic drinks I ordered were covered under the UBP.  

On 3/16/2019 at 5:13 PM, janice2348 said:

Yes they are.  I loved the “virgin” Miami vice.  I can’t drink rum due to having an intolerance.  All frozen non- alcoholic drinks I ordered were covered under the UBP.  

I added the non-alcoholic Miami Vice and a few more non-alcoholic drinks to the list. Just a side-note: The list was developed to give people suggestions on what is available. Most bar tenders will know the recipes and how to make the drink. I have only had to show a bar tender a couple of times what was in the drink that I ordered. Also not every bar carries the same ingredients. You may have to check around. Enjoy. 

http://www.grantmkt.net/ncl/NCL_Beverage_List.pdf 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CardFanDubG said:

I added the non-alcoholic Miami Vice and a few more non-alcoholic drinks to the list. Just a side-note: The list was developed to give people suggestions on what is available. Most bar tenders will know the recipes and how to make the drink. I have only had to show a bar tender a couple of times what was in the drink that I ordered. Also not every bar carries the same ingredients. You may have to check around. Enjoy. 

http://www.grantmkt.net/ncl/NCL_Beverage_List.pdf 

Thanks so much for posting this!