LIVE #queensonthehighseas Navigator of the Seas 3/15: A Spring Break Extravaganza

7 hours ago, cruisinfromtampa said:

Finally, a public service announcement: Put sunscreen on the back of your hands...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been there done that. I were a long sleeve rash guard and always forget the back of my hands. The backs of my legs have also gotten fried.. So easy to do when you are in the water for a long time. 

I love your review.  I really hope to get to Bonaire sometime soon.  Last September a flight over winter break would have been over $1500 a person from DC.  We need to find an ABC cruise that works with our schedule.  

Thanks for for taking the time to write this and share your photos.  

Day 6: Curaçao

We spent a lazy day on the ship. It was glorious. It’s quiet and relaxing when nobody is around, and I highly recommended it.

After a late breakfast, we went to a bookmark making session and doodled on some paper for a bit. We gave the pizza at Promenade Cafe a try, and I have to say it’s definitely gotten better. I know they redid it recently, and it was definitely a positive step. Much more flavor, and no cardboard taste. I ain’t mad at it!

From there, we went up to the waterslides. For your information: Riptide has a weight limit of 300 pounds. Blaster’s is 400 pounds for two people. Unfortunately, we were unsuccessful in riding them because the shirts we had on were cotton. Apparently they’re not allowed. Taking my shirt off in public in my current state (re: looking like I’m 6 months pregnant with twins) is not option, so we left. The plan was to buy a shirt that is compliant, but I remembered I packed 2 compression shirts that are allowed, so we’re going to wear those and try again on one of the sea days. Here’s hoping both slides are working.

After dinner, we had appointments at Next Cruise. We promised ourselves we were not going to book any more...we’re doing Alaska next summer, and it’s costing a small fortune, so we were going to wait until then to cruise again. Twas not to be. We all booked for the same week next year. You can’t stop tradition, right? We’ll be on Rhapsody for a 7 night Western. Looking forward to it already.

The Headliner was Kevin Johnson, a comedy ventriloquist. I cannot express how amazing this show was. He is beyond talented. He told a story about a gig he did in Monaco. They flew him to Monaco to do a 10 minute opening act for a secret celebrity performer (it was Tina Turner!). After watching his show, I understand why he’s worth the cost for a 10 minute set. Unbelievable.

We turned in after the show. Early morning in Aruba with UTVs and the Natural Pool!

Day 7: Aruba

Full disclosure...Aruba is one of our favorite ports, so I may gush a little. We absolutely love it, and recommend it to everyone.

We booked a UTV Adventure that visited the Natural Pool. It was everything we expected and more. An absolutely fantastic excursion, with tons packed in to then 4 hours. Amazing scenery, and just plain fun.

Our vehicle for the day:

ef42065982a9c86456a39534a88104c5.jpg

Ready for my closeup...or to hold up a bank in 1845.

f5aff56884d4053b18bf5d52173c245a.jpg

And we’re off!

7dfe9bc13ae08af82de63049dade3920.jpg

Goats!!! They were everywhere.

7479fef751a6c4681d54191d62208679.jpg

The view was incredible!

29256b984b5805164247fef4870e4b3d.jpg

dfcaa89ce2337f8a0c6e27650670e877.jpg

24508624d3106d871902d36e511969f8.jpg

a0a38e087e7e5ff1297fcc483ac8646f.jpg

Everything from the Natural Pool will be in a separate post to follow. Too much for one.

A couple of tips from our experiences:
1. Bring eyewear. There’s dust and sand everywhere, and it gets everywhere. Protect yourself.
2. They give you the bandana to use, and I recommend covering your ears with it if possible. I lost count of how many cotton swabs it took to clean them out when it was over. Not a pretty picture.
3. The seats do not adjust. Your legs will cramp. Switch drivers every chance you can to help prevent it.
4. Hold on tight. It’s a bumpy ride.
5. Water shoes. The Natural Pool is incredibly slippery. They would have helped us immensely.
6. Motrin. Your body will hurt. Take it before the ride, after the ride, before bed, when you wake up. All the Motrin. Or whatever you take for pain relief. Try to stay ahead of it. The ache is real.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Day 7 Continued:

After we got back on the ship, we popped by El Loco Fresh for lunch. Everything we tried was quite tasty. My only “complaint” was that the cheese sauce was thin. Made it very difficult to coat the chips.

b3b5130deaa28bbb638e907ba6fae619.jpg

c1f31eda7027339393c8f9282574449c.jpg

I LOVE the table we sat at!

dd22de203d981740e44c5cf4f38f1402.jpg

6b7852016c6fdb3fe75c134427febb17.jpg

After lunch, naps until dinner, cause #vacation

Dinner in the MDR has been fantastic. It is our first time doing My Time Dining. I wasn’t sure about it at first, but I’m warming up to the idea. Our waiters have been fantastic. Obligatory prime rib photo cause it’s delicious.

296bff01799ea12baa1ee71d0a564000.jpg

From dinner we wandered up to the Bamboo Room. What an awesome addition! The vibe is just cool. Tried the drinks. I approve. Will be going back tonight or tomorrow to try more.

fd41c105429a69fa78417fe90a7518cb.jpg

668d7f57eadba01b5e49cb05a0c5d96c.jpg

3104ea5ee50910bf8ac2639dbd01ef44.jpg

6ae4addac0f122abce1edceed6073eb5.jpg

773b902a317c2e4f69122f45a28d1f72.jpg

Cue my sad face as we pulled out of Aruba...it’s our last port, and it means we’re on our way back to Miami. 2 sea days left!

• Like 1

Any idea why you can't wear a cotton shirt on Riptide?  I could understand friction causing heat that makes fabric melt, but that would happen more with other fabrics than cotton.  Seems a strange rule.  Loving the review so far as we will be in the ABC islands in May.

Any idea why you can't wear a cotton shirt on Riptide?  I could understand friction causing heat that makes fabric melt, but that would happen more with other fabrics than cotton.  Seems a strange rule.  Loving the review so far as we will be in the ABC islands in May.

No clue, and they didn’t give a reason. Imagine our frustration when we went back yesterday to ride them after procuring the proper attire, only to see multiple people wearing cotton shirts going down the slides. It makes no sense to us either.

• Thanks 1

RE: Waterslides, my understanding is that glasses are not permitted, even with straps. As for attire, my understanding is also that shoes are not permitted (basically nothing loose that could come off you is permitted). Otherwise, bathing suit, shirt optional. I will say this, on the waterslides on Adventure, my husband got rubbed (not quite "burned") on his back/shoulders by the ridges in the segments of the slide, and said next time he would wear a compression or water shirt to prevent that.

Follow-up question for our reviewer--did you ever get a chance to check out the fitness center and its locker rooms, if any?

Edited by CntPAcruiser

Just now, CntPAcruiser said:

RE: Waterslides, my understanding is that glasses are not permitted, even with straps. As for attire, my understanding is also that shoes are not permitted (basically nothing loose that could come off you is permitted). Otherwise, bathing suit, shirt optional. I will say this, on the waterslides on Adventure, my husband got rubbed (not quite "burned") on his back/shoulders by the ridges in the segments of the slide, and said next time he would wear a compression or water shirt to prevent that.

This is what I was thinking. I have a rash guard for snorkeling that I thought would be good, but didn't know if it had to be something specific.