Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Host Grandma Cruising

Upgrade bid experiences

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, SoCruisey said:

I asked my TA and I asked Azamara how much or how often we could bring bottles of wine onboard. They both said there is no limit. And on the website, unlike Celebrity which specifically states "2 bottles fine wine per cabin," Azamara says nothing about limits.

 

We like wine. Fine wine. 

 

Has anyone had any experience bringing a couple of bottles on board an azamara ship from port?

 

When in France do as the French do...and the French drink wine.

 

 

Just do it.  It's OK unless you have so much it looks like you're going to set up shop and sell it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received a Congratulations email on upgrade bid.

Bid Date: 20 March, 2019

Sail Date: 14 May, 2019

Cruise length: 9

Level: Adventurer

Cabin booked: Verandah

Cabin Won: Club Continent

Min. Bid: $400

Bid: $720

Bid Strength: Weak

Received confirmation at 35 days

Note: Only one Club Continent suite showing open at this time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2019 at 3:17 AM, kayakcove said:

Just received a Congratulations email on upgrade bid.

Bid Date: 20 March, 2019

Sail Date: 14 May, 2019

Cruise length: 9

Level: Adventurer

Cabin booked: Verandah

Cabin Won: Club Continent

Min. Bid: $400

Bid: $720

Bid Strength: Weak

Received confirmation at 35 days

Note: Only one Club Continent suite showing open at this time

Congratulations kayakcove, and thanks for the information. Can I just check - was the $400 & $720 per person or per stateroom?

I’ve added this to the spreadsheet.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bid was at cabin price not per person.  I am on B2B but did not bid as much on second half as it is only 5 days and do not expect a win on that one.  Seems like the Club Suites were mostly gone early compared to verandas.  It is one aimed at the F1 race in Monaco and have a different mix of guests. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kayakcove said:

My bid was at cabin price not per person.  I am on B2B but did not bid as much on second half as it is only 5 days and do not expect a win on that one.  Seems like the Club Suites were mostly gone early compared to verandas.  It is one aimed at the F1 race in Monaco and have a different mix of guests. 

Curious as to the location of your CC suite.  Is it under The Patio?  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, kayakcove said:

My bid was at cabin price not per person.  I am on B2B but did not bid as much on second half as it is only 5 days and do not expect a win on that one.  Seems like the Club Suites were mostly gone early compared to verandas.  It is one aimed at the F1 race in Monaco and have a different mix of guests. 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

Curious as to the location of your CC suite.  Is it under The Patio?  Thanks.

8068, under Windows Cafe. Only negative comment of cabin chart was vibration from engines at aft. I would expect that possibility on any aft room, but this itinerary should not require higher sailing speeds.  Was on Celebrity ship last year under the Cafe and did hear some carts in the early morning and we can deal with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

Just do it.  It's OK unless you have so much it looks like you're going to set up shop and sell it.

Thank you. I should not have posted this here. My mistake, I thought I was in my roll call board, but thanks all the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kayakcove said:

8068, under Windows Cafe. Only negative comment of cabin chart was vibration from engines at aft. I would expect that possibility on any aft room, but this itinerary should not require higher sailing speeds.  Was on Celebrity ship last year under the Cafe and did hear some carts in the early morning and we can deal with that.

I'd be very happy with 8068.  Enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 7:17 PM, kayakcove said:

Just received a Congratulations email on upgrade bid.

Bid Date: 20 March, 2019

Sail Date: 14 May, 2019

Cruise length: 9

Level: Adventurer

Cabin booked: Verandah

Cabin Won: Club Continent

Min. Bid: $400

Bid: $720

Bid Strength: Weak

Received confirmation at 35 days

Note: Only one Club Continent suite showing open at this time

 

Interesting!! You bid almost twice the amount of the min. bid and the matrix indicated a "weak bid"...and yet your bid was accepted!! Score!! LuAnn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very frustrated with this new upgrade process.  We are  booked on the Journey on 28 May for 12 days. I do not receive emails from Azamara, including the itinerary change messages.  When I try typing in my last name and booking number, I receive a msg that I am not eligible. Every time I opt into Azamara communications, the system reverts back and opts me out.  

 

Yesterday I called Azamara and while the agent tried very hard to be helpful, I am doubtful that anything will change.  She was very confused and spent a lot of time talking to the IT folks.  She stated that we should certainly be eligible to bid and said that we would receive an email.  She opted us in AGAIN.  We are Discoverer level and would like to bid - assuming the process is not already concluded.  Is there a way to know if the emails already went out?

 

Thank you for all the helpful information posted in this thread!

 

Pennie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Cabana Girl said:

I am very frustrated with this new upgrade process.  We are  booked on the Journey on 28 May for 12 days. I do not receive emails from Azamara, including the itinerary change messages.  When I try typing in my last name and booking number, I receive a msg that I am not eligible. Every time I opt into Azamara communications, the system reverts back and opts me out.  

 

Yesterday I called Azamara and while the agent tried very hard to be helpful, I am doubtful that anything will change.  She was very confused and spent a lot of time talking to the IT folks.  She stated that we should certainly be eligible to bid and said that we would receive an email.  She opted us in AGAIN.  We are Discoverer level and would like to bid - assuming the process is not already concluded.  Is there a way to know if the emails already went out?

 

Thank you for all the helpful information posted in this thread!

 

Pennie

I think the general upgrade emails are likely to have already gone out for your cruise.  We are on a 1 July cruise and got our email over a week ago. It may be worth emailing the Upgrade team at AzamaraUpgrade@Azamara.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I think the general upgrade emails are likely to have already gone out for your cruise.  We are on a 1 July cruise and got our email over a week ago. It may be worth emailing the Upgrade team at AzamaraUpgrade@Azamara.com

They went out over two weeks ago. You can bid up to three days before a cruise. I have not seen any one on the roll call post success so no idea if the allocations have been done or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2019 at 1:21 PM, kayakcove said:

8068, under Windows Cafe. Only negative comment of cabin chart was vibration from engines at aft. I would expect that possibility on any aft room, but this itinerary should not require higher sailing speeds.  Was on Celebrity ship last year under the Cafe and did hear some carts in the early morning and we can deal with that.

We were in 8070 a month ago,  and one night had to go at full speed all night to outrun a storm,  missing a port on the way.  Zero vibration.  A little early morning ‘set up’ noise from Windows cafe but nothing intrusive.  Have a great trip.  David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m curious to know how this new process is going for AZ and if they will make adjustments if it’s not going as expected.  We got an “eligible to upgrade” offer for our 7/17/19 cruise and ordinarily would have liked to try for a CC suite from a Veranda (starting bid $200 pp) but the inability to be involved in location selection held us back.  And one question I have: does everyone on the same cruise get the same starting bid — or does price you paid influence that’s?  Doesn’t quite seem fair if someone paid a lot more and still has to bid the same amounts and has the same chance to upgrade as someone who paid less...I do hope LCV status is taken into account!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, uktog said:

They went out over two weeks ago. You can bid up to three days before a cruise. I have not seen any one on the roll call post success so no idea if the allocations have been done or not. 

Thank you for your response, very helpful to figure out this process.  

 

I did receive an email from Azamara last night, but it was a confirmation that we booked this cruise.  We booked this months ago (?).  Time to call again.

Edited by Cabana Girl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received email to buy packages for my cruise.....internet, premium beverage, excursion credit, some laundry, spa credit, and some dining. Still no email about the new upgrade process.  Obviously Azamara has my email. I checked My Azamara account. Info on the account is good. Why haven’t I received the upgrade email?  Is Azamara selective to whom they offer upgrades?   Does Azamara intentionally sending the email to specific guests?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Just received email to buy packages for my cruise.....internet, premium beverage, excursion credit, some laundry, spa credit, and some dining. Still no email about the new upgrade process.  Obviously Azamara has my email. I checked My Azamara account. Info on the account is good. Why haven’t I received the upgrade email?  Is Azamara selective to whom they offer upgrades?   Does Azamara intentionally sending the email to specific guests?  

Have you been into the webpage & tried the eligibility checker here https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/azamara-upgrade-programme

This is from the UK site, if you want the version for the US or other site just do a search on the webpage for Azamara Upgrade.

If it says not eligible that might mean they haven’t yet released the cruise for upgrades. Our 1 July cruise didn’t become available until less than 85 days before the cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Have you been into the webpage & tried the eligibility checker here https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/azamara-upgrade-programme

This is from the UK site, if you want the version for the US or other site just do a search on the webpage for Azamara Upgrade.

If it says not eligible that might mean they haven’t yet released the cruise for upgrades. Our 1 July cruise didn’t become available until less than 85 days before the cruise.

I sail July 2.   Perhaps UK guests get early info?  Seems that Azamara favors some guests over others.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

I sail July 2.   Perhaps UK guests get early info?  Seems that Azamara favors some guests over others.  

I don’t think so. Others in my roll call got the email at the same time as I did. Maybe your cruise has not been rolled out for upgrade yet, or It could be that you are not receiving emails. If you tried the eligibility checker & it says no, then email the Upgrade team at AzamaraUpgrade@Azamara.com.

 

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Redtravel said:

I sail July 2.   Perhaps UK guests get early info?  Seems that Azamara favors some guests over others.  

Redtravel, 

We are on the same cruise and I received the upgrade email at least a week ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Redtravel, 

We are on the same cruise and I received the upgrade email at least a week ago.

My TA contacted Azamara.  He was told that email upgrade bidding link would be sent out 60 days before sailing. Find this thread somewhat puzzling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

My TA contacted Azamara.  He was told that email upgrade bidding link would be sent out 60 days before sailing. Find this thread somewhat puzzling. 

 

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

My TA contacted Azamara.  He was told that email upgrade bidding link would be sent out 60 days before sailing. Find this thread somewhat puzzling. 

How strange. Maybe you should call?

Edited by Mackdogmolly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Very strange. I would either call Azamara yourself or email them at AzamaraUpgrade@Azamara.com

Thanks for your responses.  I just sent an email to Azamara. I will let you know what they respond.  Each time that we have sailed on Azamara, there is something different.  Some changes are good. Some are not. We have enjoyed sailing previously on Azamara.  Hope that the precruise experience isn’t an example of the cruise experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...