Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
cruisegirl1976

Partial Chartered Cruise?

Recommended Posts

OK.. so my original cruise got chartered fully Oasis 2/2/20, so I decided to move my reservation over to the Allure sailing out the same exact day.. 2/2/20 our of FLL.. and now I noticed that this cruise is also a Sing and Sail Christian Cruise. Now will this affect things on the ship? I am going to celebrate the Super bowl and kinda party..lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

OK.. so my original cruise got chartered fully Oasis 2/2/20, so I decided to move my reservation over to the Allure sailing out the same exact day.. 2/2/20 our of FLL.. and now I noticed that this cruise is also a Sing and Sail Christian Cruise. Now will this affect things on the ship? I am going to celebrate the Super bowl and kinda party..lol

 

We have sailed on partially chartered ships before and to be honest it hasn’t impacted on us. I think they try and minimise the impact to other cruisers. The Allure is a big ship!  At the end of the day though only you can decide if you want to take the risk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Merly said:

We have sailed on partially chartered ships before and to be honest it hasn’t impacted on us. I think they try and minimise the impact to other cruisers. The Allure is a big ship!  At the end of the day though only you can decide if you want to take the risk. 

Ok good.. I really don't want to switch the ship again.. 

Thank you 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Merly said:

We have sailed on partially chartered ships before and to be honest it hasn’t impacted on us. I think they try and minimise the impact to other cruisers. The Allure is a big ship!  At the end of the day though only you can decide if you want to take the risk. 

Just curious how and if you were notified by Royal that the ship was a partial charter? We are booked on Explorer next Feb 16th 2020 and the only way we found out was the Sailing was removed from Royal's website and someone on a FB Group said that sailing was charted to a Group. Royal has not cancelled or notified us of the charter. Thank you for any info....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, porthole21 said:

Just curious how and if you were notified by Royal that the ship was a partial charter? We are booked on Explorer next Feb 16th 2020 and the only way we found out was the Sailing was removed from Royal's website and someone on a FB Group said that sailing was charted to a Group. Royal has not cancelled or notified us of the charter. Thank you for any info....

If it's a partial charter the cruise line will not notify you. They don't need to. It doesn't change anything in regards to your trip. Social media and google are the two best ways to find out if "groups" or charters are sailing on your ship on your dates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our last Oasis cruise couple of weeks ago had a very large group, a rock and roll club.  Never really saw them, they had a few venues booked, and Dazzles seemed to have something going on with a "private event" most nights, but it did not affect our cruise.  Kind of wish we could have seen some of them.  🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

OK.. so my original cruise got chartered fully Oasis 2/2/20, so I decided to move my reservation over to the Allure sailing out the same exact day.. 2/2/20 our of FLL.. and now I noticed that this cruise is also a Sing and Sail Christian Cruise. Now will this affect things on the ship? I am going to celebrate the Super bowl and kinda party..lol

 

 

You may occasionally find one of the public venues (like Dazzles) being used for the charter group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After my first cruise with 2 large groups on it I now try and always google the dates of a cruise I'm considering and have avoided some that influenced my choice between 2 ships.  No group has ever negatively impacted my sailings, just some have certainly influenced the feel of the cruise - not in bad ways just not always in what I had been hoping for as my vacation.  And some have had absolutely no impact.  I will say I tend to love bingo but avoided it on the cruise I was on with the world bingo player group - my dauber skills weren't up to theirs 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, porthole21 said:

Just curious how and if you were notified by Royal that the ship was a partial charter? We are booked on Explorer next Feb 16th 2020 and the only way we found out was the Sailing was removed from Royal's website and someone on a FB Group said that sailing was charted to a Group. Royal has not cancelled or notified us of the charter. Thank you for any info....

Royal didn't let me know at all.. They canceled my original cruise on the Oasis.. and offered the Allure as an option.. then I was searching around on here about the Allure and noticed that it was a Sing and Sail Christian cruise.. , but if they were still selling the cruise online then it could only by partially chartered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

After my first cruise with 2 large groups on it I now try and always google the dates of a cruise I'm considering and have avoided some that influenced my choice between 2 ships.  No group has ever negatively impacted my sailings, just some have certainly influenced the feel of the cruise - not in bad ways just not always in what I had been hoping for as my vacation.  And some have had absolutely no impact.  I will say I tend to love bingo but avoided it on the cruise I was on with the world bingo player group - my dauber skills weren't up to theirs 🙂

I have no choice on the cruise since my original cruise.. the Oasis got canceled .. and there are 6 of us going.. and wanted to go on the same dates.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

You may occasionally find one of the public venues (like Dazzles) being used for the charter group.

I can live with that.. lol.. Thanks 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had couple Partial Charters, 1/3 and 1/4, never an issue. Only noticeable was better entertainment one Cruise as was "All Soul Cruise" Had The Spinners performing. Then other Group took over a venue that wasn't in use. But some groups might want to avoid and have been named a few times on here in the past. Think you should be fine with this one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We were on Adventure earlier this year, and it was a partial charter of country and western fans from the midwest.

these were the friendliest and nicest group of folks i have ever encountered on a cruise.  We met people from Texas to  South Dakota . Easy to spot. Uniform was blue jeans, cowboy boots and cowboy hats. I think that they used the lounge at the forward end of the Royal Promenade.

Edited by mo&fran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

I have no choice on the cruise since my original cruise.. the Oasis got canceled .. and there are 6 of us going.. and wanted to go on the same dates.. 

I don't think you need to worry 🙂  They tend to be minimal impact for the most part!  Have a great cruise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

We were on Adventure earlier this year, and it was a partial charter of country and western fans from the midwest.

these were the friendliest and nicest group of folks i have ever encountered on a cruise.  We met people from Texas to  South Dakota . Easy to spot. Uniform was blue jeans, cowboy boots and cowboy hats. I think that they used the lounge at the forward end of the Royal Promenade.

I would love being on a cruise with this kind of group.  Not only do I love country & western but I'm from South Dakota !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

I don't think you need to worry 🙂  They tend to be minimal impact for the most part!  Have a great cruise!

Thank you 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...