Cruise Critic Community
joeyjeremiah

MSC Divina Aft Balcony Question

I'm hoping somebody might have pictures or some information on the difference between the deck 12 and deck 11 aft balconies on the Divina. I know the deck 10 balconies are quite a bit larger. I am currently booked in 12289 but have noticed that 11262 has just come available. We are travelling with our adult children who have a rear inside cabin on deck 12 just down from our current booking but if the deck 11 cabin is significant;y better then it would be worth changing rooms even if it means we are on different floors. Is there much difference between deck 12 and deck 11?

Bigger Balcony, cabin will be the same size, we had a deck 10 one on a Transatlantic a few years back.

There are several videos of the aft balconies on YouTube, where you can see how deep each deck's balconies are.  From longest to shortest it's deck 10, 11, 12, 9, 13, with 9 being about the same size as a standard side facing balcony.

Posted (edited)
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:11 PM, joeyjeremiah said:

I'm hoping somebody might have pictures or some information on the difference between the deck 12 and deck 11 aft balconies on the Divina. I know the deck 10 balconies are quite a bit larger. I am currently booked in 12289 but have noticed that 11262 has just come available. We are travelling with our adult children who have a rear inside cabin on deck 12 just down from our current booking but if the deck 11 cabin is significant;y better then it would be worth changing rooms even if it means we are on different floors. Is there much difference between deck 12 and deck 11?

HAve a look at post #11 of the Sticky UPDATED:- ALL THE INFO...………………..

ALL THE IMAGES FOR ALL AFT DECK BALCONIES ARE THERE

DECK 12 Aft balconies are 55 squ. ft

DECK 11 Aft balconies are 95 squ. ft.

DECK 10 Aft balconies are 118 squ. ft

A standard balcony is 42 squ. ft.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thanks Pete. That’s exactly the information I was looking for. I’ve been in touch with my TA to see if she can have our cabin moved having double the balcony is worth moving away from the others in our group. 

On 3/15/2019 at 8:11 AM, joeyjeremiah said:

Same room with a bigger balcony.

We’re in aft 11268 on Divina’s April 28th sailing in the Mediterranean...not sure when you’re sailing but I’ll be sure to post pics of the balcony and our experience in an aft stateroom.

We’ve never booked an aft room before so we’re anxious to see how we like that area of the ship!

3 hours ago, styles27 said:

We’re in aft 11268 on Divina’s April 28th sailing in the Mediterranean...not sure when you’re sailing but I’ll be sure to post pics of the balcony and our experience in an aft stateroom.

We’ve never booked an aft room before so we’re anxious to see how we like that area of the ship!

Thanks that would be great. We aren’t sailing until December 2019. We did move to 11262. We decided the bigger balcony was more appealing than being close to the kids who are in 12242. 

Here is a picture of 11297 (corner aft), we were on the Divina 3 weeks ago. Very nice space.  Felt less movement and vibration in this cabin than previous aft cabins on different ships. 

20190221_162447.jpg

10 hours ago, joeyjeremiah said:

Thanks that would be great. We aren’t sailing until December 2019. We did move to 11262. We decided the bigger balcony was more appealing than being close to the kids who are in 12242. 

You’re welcome!  Glad you were able to move...we thought the same when we were choosing our stateroom! 

On 3/17/2019 at 1:03 PM, styles27 said:

Hi, wondering if you could post those photos and thoughts please? 

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Hi, wondering if you could post those photos and thoughts please? 

LB ... styles27 was upgraded to YC.

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

LB ... styles27 was upgraded to YC.

Lol, lucky for them (or not given the 🛀!!)

Will find out for myself in 2 weeks.  Will post back thoughts here.

LBx

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Lol, lucky for them (or not given the 🛀!!)

Will find out for myself in 2 weeks.  Will post back thoughts here.

LBx

So sorry I forgot to come back and update you. We were upgraded just two days before our cruise. 

It was a great experience!

Enjoy your cruise!