Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
joeyjeremiah

MSC Divina Aft Balcony Question

Recommended Posts

I'm hoping somebody might have pictures or some information on the difference between the deck 12 and deck 11 aft balconies on the Divina. I know the deck 10 balconies are quite a bit larger. I am currently booked in 12289 but have noticed that 11262 has just come available. We are travelling with our adult children who have a rear inside cabin on deck 12 just down from our current booking but if the deck 11 cabin is significant;y better then it would be worth changing rooms even if it means we are on different floors. Is there much difference between deck 12 and deck 11?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bigger Balcony, cabin will be the same size, we had a deck 10 one on a Transatlantic a few years back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are several videos of the aft balconies on YouTube, where you can see how deep each deck's balconies are.  From longest to shortest it's deck 10, 11, 12, 9, 13, with 9 being about the same size as a standard side facing balcony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:11 PM, joeyjeremiah said:

I'm hoping somebody might have pictures or some information on the difference between the deck 12 and deck 11 aft balconies on the Divina. I know the deck 10 balconies are quite a bit larger. I am currently booked in 12289 but have noticed that 11262 has just come available. We are travelling with our adult children who have a rear inside cabin on deck 12 just down from our current booking but if the deck 11 cabin is significant;y better then it would be worth changing rooms even if it means we are on different floors. Is there much difference between deck 12 and deck 11?

HAve a look at post #11 of the Sticky UPDATED:- ALL THE INFO...………………..

 

ALL THE IMAGES FOR ALL AFT DECK BALCONIES ARE THERE

 

 

DECK 12 Aft balconies are 55 squ. ft

DECK 11 Aft balconies are 95 squ. ft.

DECK 10 Aft balconies are 118 squ. ft

 

A standard balcony is 42 squ. ft.

 

 

Pete

 

 

Edited by Skier52

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Pete. That’s exactly the information I was looking for. I’ve been in touch with my TA to see if she can have our cabin moved having double the balcony is worth moving away from the others in our group. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 8:11 AM, joeyjeremiah said:

I'm hoping somebody might have pictures or some information on the difference between the deck 12 and deck 11 aft balconies on the Divina. I know the deck 10 balconies are quite a bit larger. I am currently booked in 12289 but have noticed that 11262 has just come available. We are travelling with our adult children who have a rear inside cabin on deck 12 just down from our current booking but if the deck 11 cabin is significant;y better then it would be worth changing rooms even if it means we are on different floors. Is there much difference between deck 12 and deck 11?

Same room with a bigger balcony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re in aft 11268 on Divina’s April 28th sailing in the Mediterranean...not sure when you’re sailing but I’ll be sure to post pics of the balcony and our experience in an aft stateroom.

We’ve never booked an aft room before so we’re anxious to see how we like that area of the ship!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, styles27 said:

We’re in aft 11268 on Divina’s April 28th sailing in the Mediterranean...not sure when you’re sailing but I’ll be sure to post pics of the balcony and our experience in an aft stateroom.

We’ve never booked an aft room before so we’re anxious to see how we like that area of the ship!

Thanks that would be great. We aren’t sailing until December 2019. We did move to 11262. We decided the bigger balcony was more appealing than being close to the kids who are in 12242. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a picture of 11297 (corner aft), we were on the Divina 3 weeks ago. Very nice space.  Felt less movement and vibration in this cabin than previous aft cabins on different ships. 

20190221_162447.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, joeyjeremiah said:

Thanks that would be great. We aren’t sailing until December 2019. We did move to 11262. We decided the bigger balcony was more appealing than being close to the kids who are in 12242. 

 

You’re welcome!  Glad you were able to move...we thought the same when we were choosing our stateroom! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2019 at 1:03 PM, styles27 said:

We’re in aft 11268 on Divina’s April 28th sailing in the Mediterranean...not sure when you’re sailing but I’ll be sure to post pics of the balcony and our experience in an aft stateroom.

We’ve never booked an aft room before so we’re anxious to see how we like that area of the ship!

Hi, wondering if you could post those photos and thoughts please? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, little britain said:

Hi, wondering if you could post those photos and thoughts please? 

 

LB ... styles27 was upgraded to YC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

 

LB ... styles27 was upgraded to YC.

Lol, lucky for them (or not given the 🛀!!)

 

Will find out for myself in 2 weeks.  Will post back thoughts here.

LBx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, little britain said:

Lol, lucky for them (or not given the 🛀!!)

 

Will find out for myself in 2 weeks.  Will post back thoughts here.

LBx

So sorry I forgot to come back and update you. We were upgraded just two days before our cruise. 

It was a great experience!

 

Enjoy your cruise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...