NCL EPIC out of San Juan

Jpr99

Looking for anyone that has cruised out of San Juan on NCL. We are cruising out on Feb 2020 and flying in from NY. We would like to arrive the day before to make things easier.

Anyone know of any reliable hotels in the area and close to the port? NCL offers a hotel and they want to charge $615.

NCL sails out of the Pan American pier which is a taxi ride away from any hotel.

We stayed at the Sheraton Old SAN Juan, $22 taxi from airport and $19 taxi to pier (when shared by 4 passengers). 

Hotel was awesome. Great service, excellent luggage storage & walking tours right outside the door. 

We had a deluxe king with Bay view for about $300. 

Hotels a bit further away we’re priced &180-$250 but not as convenient. 

We're doing a similar cruise, but leaving the first week of January. Our sailing has a $100 credit for a hotel which works for us as we too are coming from NY and wanted to come in a day early. They told me the name of the hotel they typically use, but it's too early for rates and booking (as of the last time I called them). El San Juan Hotel by Hilton, currently listed at $691/night on hotels.com. Yikes.

If you are looking for a basic hotel at a decent price, try the Best Western Palm Condado. We stayed there a few weeks ago and booked last night for next year's Epic cruise.

It is NOT fancy. I consider it a beach hotel -- a little older, but very clean. The location is great. It is a very short block to the beach (they supply chairs there if you'd like). They offer a basic continental breakfast. There are two restaurants on-site (one full-service restaurant and a Nestle Toll House Cafe) and a CVS across one street and a Walgreens across the other.

There are tons of restaurants within a short walking distance.

Rates start around $200/night for late February, and if you call the hotel directly, you can get a better rate.

18 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:
6 hours ago, ColdinME said:

A friend stayed at El San Geronimo Hotel. He said it was clean and close to a beach and a little shopping. They used an Uber to get to the port. I think that is where I will be staying in February before our cruise.

When in Feb are you going? We are going president weekend

Good to know that they have uber

Edited by Jpr99

17 hours ago, Jpr99 said:

We are doing the same cruise you booked bookie a week before and are also doing the same haven suite.

This will actually be our third time in the same cabin. The first time it was just my husband and I. On our second cruise, we invited a friend to use the second bedroom. She's been cruising with us ever since. We really like the southern itineraries and we love the Epic Haven, so we are looking forward to next year's cruise.