San Diego gang plank question

How long is the walk to get on the ship in San Diego? We will be renting a scooter for my husband to use on our cruise but we were wondering how long the walk is from the dock onto the ship. He can walk  but will have a wound boot on and it can be tiring. I  was trying to decide whether or not we should request a wheelchair for embarcation. We are familiar with Ft Lauderdale and Baltimore but not the West Coast ports. Thanks for any help.

I have to admit that I have boarded twice in San Diego, but I honestly don't remember the gangway onto the ship.  Terminal at the time was only one level.  but if you ask on the West Coast Departures board (North American Homeports) someone will be able to give you better info.  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/315-west-coast-departures/

There are two piers which are using by cruise ships in San Diego. Most go from the B Street Pier, not the newer Broadway Pier. For both, from where you check-in on the pier, it is roughly 200 yards to the entrance to the ship. I would request wheelchair assistance if I were you.