New Azamara Survey

Belfastman

18 hours ago, Whitby100 said:

As a Canadian I got hung up when I was asked for a zip code.  It wouldn’t accept my postal code - so I entered a random number.  That worked.  I got the survey finished response when inputting don’t know to a grid question on types of leisure vacations.  I just couldn’t figure out what was being asked.  I am glad I was finished early - I wouldn’t have wanted to spend 40 minutes.

I'm also Canadian and put 12345 for my zip code when my postal code was not accepted. I did not give my income or age but it let me continue. I  only started it to see what it was about before I left. There are better ways to spend my time. I've have past experience with surveys from Azamara that kicked me out near the end as not eligible  Like others  I saw enough to really wonder what changes are ahead for the LCV program.

I began the survey out of curiosity, not motivated by the dubious allure of "the chance to win $250".  Cheap inducements of this sort indicate from the outset how corporate values their customers responses.

As noted previously, the questionnaire was allegedly in regards to "loyalty programs in the cruise industry"; therefore since there is an active topic on this CC board regarding the Move Up/Bid Up program and how it might impact LCV members, I thought I would investigate.  I, too, found the demographic questions intrusive and far too specific, including one item about whether or not I adopted a pet?  I was skipping too many of these questions and the questionnaire was terminated.  The previous CC members who were able to complete the survey have confirmed my suspicion, based on prior Celebrity and Azamara questionnaires, that corporate decisions are already formulated, and they are once again using "passenger data" to support the changes they intend to make.

So here is my one question survey for Azamara HQ:

How much of your time and expertise would you be willing to lend to a task that offered you a vague promise of a chance to be paid, instead of actually paying directly for your time and effort?

21 hours ago, Wacktle said:

Thanks for the above comments on the survey. I too have received the invitation, despite having taken only 3 Azamara cruises, with the last one being the LCV one in Oct 2016.  I have no real interest in loyalty programs.  I prefer realistic pricing with no spurious "offers", and good pre-cruise admin as provided by some other cruiselines.  However I don't suppose the survey will allow me to express that view.  

I tried the survey, and had to give up. The majority of our previous cruises have been with cruiselines that are not listed as options (e.g.  Star Clippers, P&O, Cunard, Saga) and all our future bookings are with non-listed lines. With no "other" option, answering these questions honestly became impossible.

Edited by Wacktle

I didn't receive this survey, but I got one several weeks ago from RCI with a focus on Royal Caribbean's program (mostly) and the Celebrity/Azamara loyalty programs (somewhat).  They repeated the same questions from different angles around 'lifetime' loyalty levels and whether I thought loyalty levels should be earned each year like the airlines or whether you should have to cruise with a line every so often to maintain your loyalty level (I think MSC does this?).  

There was also a lot about crossover loyalty too, which indicates there's a problem with this.  Whether being Elite (and Discoverer) Plus would cause me to be more likely to book Royal Caribbean.  I've only cruised them once, but I was very happy to take my crossover status into their Diamond Lounge to hide from all the kids on board.  Somehow I don't think that's what they were getting at though 🙂  I think that there are too many Diamond and Elite cruisers from Royal and Celebrity wandering back and forth getting benefits.  I don't think Azamara factored too much into it, but as X goes, so does Azamara usually.  

I think that all the programs will be getting an overhaul pretty soon.

I did not receive the survey, but my other half did.

We also apparently don't have enough income to answer past that question, although we have so far done 25 Azamara cruises without breaking the bank, as well as five more booked!

Obviously many loyal Azamara cruisers are not from the higher income brackets.

If the survey does not include a response from one of every couple, just how can the results provide any sort of balanced response???

It does seem that some decisions have already been made and the survey responses are being sliced & diced to provide the result desired by management.

Our LCV team tell me the survey went to a very small sample of LCV guests. The purpose was to help gather insights on how our loyalty program meets the expectations of our guests, considering their experience with other loyalty programs in the industry.  I understand it will be deactivated tonight or tomorrow, so a very short shelf life. 

I don't think anything has been decided in advance as a few here are speculating. The team is just trying to stay up on what our guests want vv what they receive from competitors. Pretty normal stuff. 

We haven't sailed with Az yet... Novemember next year! Can't wait! So we didn't receive this survey via Az.

Instead, I completed it through a survey company. I'm fairly sure it was the same survey because it latched on to 'Celebrity' and 'Azamara' so quickly.

We're not people with a high income ---- so an average couple. However, I was able to complete it.

Plenty of frustration with some of the sections --- especially the three-options pages!

I didn't understand some of the American English ---- it had to be a 'best guess' from me.

6 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Our LCV team tell me the survey went to a very small sample of LCV guests. The purpose was to help gather insights on how our loyalty program meets the expectations of our guests, considering their experience with other loyalty programs in the industry.  I understand it will be deactivated tonight or tomorrow, so a very short shelf life. 

I don't think anything has been decided in advance as a few here are speculating. The team is just trying to stay up on what our guests want vv what they receive from competitors. Pretty normal stuff. 

Disappointed not to have been part of the sample that received the survey and to read so many people who did receive the survey were ineligible.  Not sure how valid the findings will be, but thanks for finding out Bonnie. 

8 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Thanks Bonnie.

It does seem strange though that many of us were not able to get past the income question.

11 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

The team is just trying to stay up on what our guests want vv what they receive from competitors. Pretty normal stuff. 

Bonnie, thank you for checking with LCV.  You've always been responsive to questions and your efforts are appreciated.

Starting off with a small sample size, and then not allowing some within the sample population to complete the survey is going to produce invalid results regarding the whole population. 

And once again, I fail to understand how measuring my willingness to adopt a pet factors in to cruise line loyalty? The question looks like social media pop psychology entertainment, instead of looking at actual data of real world travel spending.

I do not  mean to be harsh, however this questionnaire experience is exactly in line with a few questionnaires I have received from Celebrity in the past 18 months.   Considering the feedback I gave corporate via Cruise Critic on the Celebrity board and more directly through an email (for which there was no reply), and considering this questionnaire has many of similar flaws to prior "data" gathering, I'm surprised I was included in this survey. 

Edited by cruisefam38
  • Like 3

On 3/16/2019 at 2:03 PM, uktog said:

Many surveys move you to finished if your answers don’t meet the sample they are seeking eg maybe they have enough responses from your group. 

Market Research can ask age because they are not making decisions about you and are entitled to identity where different age groups respond in different ways. 

For me, it would have been nice to get the survey even if I did get filtered out after a few responses 

I'm right there with you!! I NEVER get any emails from AZ...despite trying to get it "fixed" multiple times!!! LuAnn

34 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

I'm right there with you!! I NEVER get any emails from AZ...despite trying to get it "fixed" multiple times!!! LuAnn

LuAnn, have you tried liking the Azamara Miami Facebook page and using the sign up page on there to enrol for emails? 

I have now done this for three friends using their email addresses and as of about two weeks ago, they are now receiving emails! 

12 minutes ago, Lottie A said:

LuAnn, have you tried liking the Azamara Miami Facebook page and using the sign up page on there to enrol for emails? 

I have now done this for three friends using their email addresses and as of about two weeks ago, they are now receiving emails! 

Thanks Lottie...will try that!!! 

9 minutes ago, Lottie A said:

I’m afraid no joy that way and it wouldn’t get you LCV emails. 

Despite LCV assurances again and the database team (email address on this thread) assuring me all was fixed one week on still nothing for either of our email addresses. 

Even if we did start getting emails I have no confidence they’d continue however other cruise lines including a sister brand seem to have no problems keeping in touch with us 

• Like 1

Just sent an email to my TA asking her 1) Is she/her agency (a large one here in the US) a "part of the plan" and 2) Did what an AZ rep tell me on the phone last week correct??...I don't think so...based on what I have read here!! We had to cancel ...at the very last minute ...the Rio to Lisbon cruise last week...and AZ allowed me to transfer the $$ paid to a new cruise...and the old reservation # went with the new cruise...and the rep said so did my upgrade request...which was made months ago for the original cruise!!!  What now??? LuAnn

LuAnn I very much doubt your upgrade request moves. Ours for May did not stand and we would have to play the bidding game (we will not because we are uncomfortable and scared not to get a walk in shower). I cannot see how a January cruise would keep an upgrade request on the old system sorry 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone...so I guess I need to really understand the "new/improved?????" program...and decide what to do!!! I booked an OV because the prices are just so high...and will be happy with that...but would have liked at least a chance at a balcony!! "Cruising" has changed so much lately...so glad I did so much in the past!!! 😞  LuAnn

21 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

I did not receive the survey, but my other half did.

We also apparently don't have enough income to answer past that question, although we have so far done 25 Azamara cruises without breaking the bank, as well as five more booked!

Obviously many loyal Azamara cruisers are not from the higher income brackets.

If the survey does not include a response from one of every couple, just how can the results provide any sort of balanced response???

It does seem that some decisions have already been made and the survey responses are being sliced & diced to provide the result desired by management.

Completed the survey, but refused to list income. Thought it was none of their business! I guarantee I am not one of the 1%.

Just to clarify re old upgrade requests....

A. All upgrades for March have been assigned.

B. we will be protecting old upgrade requests for sailings departing April through June 30, 2019, meaning that we will give these priority once you rebid the minimum amount using the new system with a confirmed credit card. There is a deadline though so please resubmit bids by April 01. Thus for Luann, please resubmit soon if you are sailing in April, May or June!

C. All others should bid or rebid when eligible, meaning after full payment.

Here is the webpage for our Azamara Upgrade. 

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/azamara-upgrade-program

P.s. I’ll copy this post onto the Upgrade thread.

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2019 at 5:54 PM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Same thing happened to me. Sounds like income matters more than loyalty! 

I have copied the email into the Azamara & LCV Emails topic.

Same happened to me and I felt insulted. If I was prepared to fill in their survey, then they should allow me to have my say. Instead they cut me off probably because my income does not match their preferred customer base. What a cheek! 

• Like 1