Mocktails 🍸🍸🍸

MsSoCalCruiser

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:57 PM, Thrak said:

Ahhh... I had forgotten about the recent change in gratuity from 15% to 18%.  I was still quoting $8.05 per day as that is what it was with the 15% gratuity. Thanks for the correction.

Aha!  I was wondering why my bill wasn't $80.50.  Thanks!

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:12 PM, Steven_&_Daniel said:

Does the  Unlimited Soda and More package include milk shakes from the ice cream place by the pool?  I was thinking that it did, but maybe that has changed or is only on specific ships.

It sure does.  At least on the Grand it did just the other day.  I walked up and asked, "I have the unlimited soda package; what can I get here for free?" 😁  I had 2 milkshakes (yeah, shoulda had more)

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:46 PM, 2tixParadise said:

Today it’s gone 😭 and there is a 6 cans of soda package and there is a bottled water package... neither were listed yesterday 

This is my first Princess cruise... Is it common for there to be changing array of choices there?

Thank you

You can also buy it on board, but I was told I could only buy it at the Calypso Bar.  I went to Bar #1 and was told to go to Calypso.  I went to Bar #2 thinking it was the Calypso, and they had to redirect me (and I didn't even have a drink yet!).  They will give you a plastic tumbler for free as well.  You don't have to use the tumbler though for your drinks though.  

• 2 months later...

Just so folks are aware, the "Soda and More" package is now the "Classic Soda Package" and it's gone up to $11.79 per person, per day. They've also introduced the "Premier Coffe & Soda Package" for $23.59 per person, per day. Looks like it's unlimited brewed coffee, specialty coffee/tea drinks, fountain sodas, fruit juices, hot chocolate, and mocktails. The 15-drink "New Grounds Coffee Package" is still offered for $36.58 per person. Decisions, decisions...

Princess 2019.JPG

Sigh... It figures. The Soda and More package was the best deal on Princess. No wonder they changed things around. $23.59 per day for coffee and soda is crazy.

6 hours ago, TBarneyWC said:

Previously, I have purchased the Unlimited Soda and More and a New Grounds Coffee Card. To me, it seems as if the Premier Coffee and Soda Package is a combination of the 2.  Would you agree? 

Yes, I think so, but it used to be you could buy the coffee package and soda and more for about $12/day, now it's almost double.  Just be aware.

• Like 1

We are going on a cruise in November. When I read about the unlimited soda and more package for $8.26 a day, I went to my account to check on it and possibly order for my husband and myself. This would be perfect for us. However, the price came up $11.79. Does anyone know if the price is just going up , or is there some trick to get the cheaper price that I'm not aware of.

41 minutes ago, mocha9 said:

However, the price came up $11.79. Does anyone know if the price is just going up , or is there some trick to get the cheaper price that I'm not aware of.

They increased their prices a couple of weeks ago on all the non alcoholic drink packages.

On 3/19/2019 at 4:09 PM, Steven_&_Daniel said:

I guess if I had done a little more research before asking, I'd have learned that this was discontinued a few years ago. I knew it had once been included depending on the ship. Thanks for your reply.

Just order an ice cream or frozen type mocktail from the bar- close to being a milkshake and so good.  That chocolate banana one people mention is a great substitute for a milkshake.  Just you use your imagination and tell bartender what you would like and can get close to a milkshake drink!!

Pooh

One time when I was waiting to order a drink at a poolside bar, the bartender made a Dirty Banana drink & made way too much. He poured it into a plain drinking glass & asked if I wanted it. It looked like chocolate & I had walked up to the bar too late to realize there was banana in it (I don't like the taste of bananas). So I took it & drank it while he made my drink. There was way more chocolate flavor than banana flavor, so it wasn't bad. Is there a mixed drink like the Dirty Banana without the banana? It seems kind of silly to request a Dirty Banana & tell them to leave out the banana, lol.

• 2 months later...

Strawberries on Fire is GREAT was on a back to back on Golden princess Alaska cruise and had saw this listed and tried it it has a kick without the booze, but every bartender does it different it is supposed to be a little strawberry juice and fresh strawberries and jalapeno pepper muddled in a glass then add ice and shake strain into tall glass add ice and soda shot of soda in shaker added to glass to get all the flavor, not for the week stomach, may want to follow it with a dirty banana

5 hours ago, toads45froggy said:

I keep hearing about this dirty banana as a avid banana lover what exact is it?

When I watched as they made it. 1 squirt hershey chocolate syrup into goblet. 2 in blender bowl ad half a banana more hershey syrup then ice then blend and pour into goblet. it almost seems they put in ice cream but I never saw them do that I Just think it is so blended it appears to be.

On 6/6/2019 at 3:50 PM, galaxyglue said:

Just so folks are aware, the "Soda and More" package is now the "Classic Soda Package" and it's gone up to $11.79 per person, per day. They've also introduced the "Premier Coffe & Soda Package" for $23.59 per person, per day. Looks like it's unlimited brewed coffee, specialty coffee/tea drinks, fountain sodas, fruit juices, hot chocolate, and mocktails. The 15-drink "New Grounds Coffee Package" is still offered for $36.58 per person. Decisions, decisions...

Princess 2019.JPG

I agree.  I am weighing my options.  I do not drink alcohol but I must have my soda and morning cafe mocha.  I like the idea of mocktails and smoothies.  The classic soda package and grounds coffee would be less expensive for me and serve my needs. 

On 8/20/2019 at 5:10 PM, Wpooh1968 said:

I agree.  I am weighing my options.  I do not drink alcohol but I must have my soda and morning cafe mocha.  I like the idea of mocktails and smoothies.  The classic soda package and grounds coffee would be less expensive for me and serve my needs. 

Do you have Elite status?  If so,  you can swap your minibar for two coffee packages and then just purchase a soda package.

3 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Do you have Elite status?  If so,  you can swap your minibar for two coffee packages and then just purchase a soda package.

No, this is only our second Princess cruise.  12 on NCL doesn't even get us those perks (no pun intended).

• Like 1