Cruise Critic Community
Stumblefoot

Silver Moon: Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale, Nov 8 - 23, 2020

Thanks Brian/Stumblefoot; Ida and I are now registered along with Amy and you.

On the Moon m&m page on the roll call section, the register for a meet & mingle link is still hot linked to the Silver Muse.  However, your link above will send our roll call members to the correct link; meet & mingle information.  Next, they then need to click on the SS ship in the drop down menu, select Silver Moon, for the m&m registration.

I've been notified recently of a couple of cancellations, so the Roll Call has been updated here; 

Let me know of any other changes or additions.

Updating... Just found this thread.  We will be on board & I've signed up for the M & M.  I'm a little disappointed that it's not leaving from Barcelona but we'll keep calm & carry on.  

1 minute ago, nowornever said:

Oops.. I meant that the previous segment is leaving from Nice rather than BCN.

Nice?  Did SS change it again for a third time?  Originally, it was to be Barcelona.  Then it changed this year to Monte Carlo.  I wasn’t aware it had changed again to Nice.

My mistake...yes, Monte Carlo, we're flying into Nice & staying there.  I'm blaming it on Tokyo jet lag!  Will look forward to meeting you .. will you be on the MC segment also?  

Edited by nowornever
jet lag

7 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Nice?  Did SS change it again for a third time?  Originally, it was to be Barcelona.  Then it changed this year to Monte Carlo.  I wasn’t aware it had changed again to Nice.

According to the website it is still leaving BCN on Nov 8th.

Unless something has changed the cruise does leave from Barcelona. The 9 day cruise before the TA leaves from Monaco and ends in Barcelona. If you do the back to back from Monaco to Fort Lauderdale it's a 24 day cruise. Just checked the SS website and that is still the case. Am I missing something?

Whoever is causing confusion on this thread, I wish you’d be more careful before you post, the consternation you are causing is concerning. 

The header clearly states that we are talking about the November 8th Moon departure which is from Barcelona AFAIK - has anything changed?

12 hours ago, nowornever said:

My mistake...yes, Monte Carlo, we're flying into Nice & staying there.  I'm blaming it on Tokyo jet lag!  Will look forward to meeting you .. will you be on the MC segment also?  

Okay, good!  No worries at all.  

And, yes, we are booked on the segment prior too!  We’re building a gastronomy tour that will start in Bilbao & San Sebastián and work our way towards Monaco.

Thank you Stumblefoot.. Mea Culpa & apologies for the confusion.  Looking forward to meeting you all on the crossing leaving from BARCELONA!

I am putting a deposit down for this cruise too:classic_biggrin:

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

I am putting a deposit down for this cruise too:classic_biggrin:

That’s awesome Lois!  Will you be joining us on both voyages?  And, can I add you to our Roll Call for the Transatlantic crossing?

Good morning,  I just looked at the crossing. Is the first voyage starting in October?  I said hello over on that roll call but no response.  Figured it is kind of quiet now. But yes, go ahead and add me on:classic_biggrin:

12 hours ago, Lois R said:

I just looked at the crossing. Is the first voyage starting in October?

Hi Lois.  Oct 30 is Monte Carlo to Barcelona and Nov 8 is Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale. Which one(s) are you on?

Hi Stumblefoot and Lois. Is there another link for those of us on the previous cruise From MC- BCN?  I don't see a roll call even though Lois said she checked in on that one?  Apologies to those on the BCN-FLL for intruding.

14 hours ago, Lois R said:

I said hello over on that roll call but no response.

Hi Lois.  Just saw your hello and that you’re considering booking the voyage.  See my comment above and let me know what you end up booking and I’ll add you to the master list.

57 minutes ago, nowornever said:

Hi Stumblefoot and Lois. Is there another link for those of us on the previous cruise From MC- BCN?  I don't see a roll call even though Lois said she checked in on that one?  Apologies to those on the BCN-FLL for intruding.

No roll has been created for the voyage preceding the trans-Atlantic voyage.  So, feel free to start one and you can include us in your list.  Lois checked in on the Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale voyage roll call.

9 hours ago, nowornever said:

Good morning...…I meant I checked in on the TA crossing:classic_biggrin: sorry If my post was unclear.

Just changed our booking yesterday. Miss Lynn won't go, so I'm going solo from Monaco-FLL. I'll be in 737. Wes is also going solo, but only from Monaco-Barcelona; Ida won't go either. All of this is a long way in the future and depends on whether I'm still on the green side of the grass by then. 

Hi Doug 

We are glad to see we will be sailing together again ,we were on the Spirit crossing with you and Wes and those Great sail away

parties

Gene & Lucille

2 hours ago, dougburns said:

...I'm going solo from Monaco-FLL. I'll be in 737. Wes is also going solo, but only from Monaco-Barcelona...

Thx for the update Doug!  Although disappointed we won’t get to meet Lynn, we’re very pleased that we’ll be able to make your acquaintance.  When you have a chance, check-in on the Monte Carlo to Barcelona roll call page started by Ms. nowornever, as well as sign-up for the Meet & Mingle.  Stay healthy and we’ll see you in just about a year.

I’ll work on the good Colonel and see if I can talk him into at least a portion of the TA to some Portuguese port.  What say you @WesW?

Edited by Stumblefoot