Cruise Critic Community
parrotfeathers

Qs for Oasis experts

I really did try and search for topics on my questions.  I know a read a post a few days ago about someone planning to go on the 4-nighter for 2020.   I'm really okay with a 4-nighter to see what Oasis is like.   Itinerary doesn't matter.

I see Oasis is going on in for a refurb in late 2019.

1).  What deck is the SL on presently?   Will it remain on the same deck as far as you know?

2).  I see there are suites on Decks 6-14.  Can someone give an opinion on which is the most convenient deck for getting around?

3).  Since alcohol available all day in the SL comparable to Michael's Lounge on Celebrity (as in many different things available and not simply same choices as the evening SL drinks)?  

Is there anything else I need to know?

Edited by parrotfeathers

The Suite lounge is on deck 17

We had a GS on deck 6 and loved that location.

Edited by molly361

Suite Lounge is up in Viking Crown and will not likely change.

We like deck 8.

All day drinks in SL are soda, limited wine, and limited beer. If you plan on frequently going to CK and SL, location is more important than deck. Try and stay near aft elevators. Avoid deck 14, though

Edited by John&LaLa

Deck 8 is our favorite. Central Park makes it easy and  relaxing to get from front to back on the ship (and convenient for a quick snack or drink.)

Thanks for answers.  It might make more sense to go with a JS and get a drink package and visit a specialty restaurant.   Got really spoiled at Michael's Lounge last year. 

We like suite perks but agree celebrity are better , we liked our owners suite on deck 14. Oasis is a amazing ship with really great entertainment. 

On 3/17/2019 at 1:52 PM, orville99 said:

Deck 8 is our favorite. Central Park makes it easy and  relaxing to get from front to back on the ship (and convenient for a quick snack or drink.)

I took your advice with Deck 8.  May be unfortunate, but there were no GS available that were not connecting cabins.  It does appear the connecting door is up towards the entry so I am hoping noise filtering in will not be a problem.  I NEVER thought I wanted to be on Oasis but here I am doing it.  Saw some reviews that Deck 8 wasn't quiet enough but I think it will be great to be on that level with Central Park.  I cannot even imagine what this ship will be like compared to my usual cruises.  

Edited by parrotfeathers

Enjoy your cruise. We loved Oasis and found her to be in excellent condition last year so she will surely be lovely after the updates. Central Park is very nice and will make you look forward to traveling back and forth across the ship.

We just returned from our Oasis cruise on March 17. It was our favorite cruise to date.  We had a JS on deck 8, midship and loved the location. It was an adjoining room which many advised against but we had zero issues.  The room was perfect and the balcony was oversized because of being on the hump.  We were blown away by the quality of the entertainment!  Loved, loved this ship!

If you want to eat at Coastal Kitchen for dinner make sure to place reservations ASAP.  We were in a Loft Suite and received an email from the Concierge 1 week prior to our cruise.  We asked for standing reservations for 6PM which were accommodated easily.  If there are a number of Pinnacle guests on your sailing they could bump you and there will be no availability for you.

3 minutes ago, LoveFamliyVacations said:

If you want to eat at Coastal Kitchen for dinner make sure to place reservations ASAP.  We were in a Loft Suite and received an email from the Concierge 1 week prior to our cruise.  We asked for standing reservations for 6PM which were accommodated easily.  If there are a number of Pinnacle guests on your sailing they could bump you and there will be no availability for you.

1) They wont bump anyone

2) Pinnacles generally can't make reservations in advance, so suites have first shot

3) CK breakfast and lunch on Oasis are really good, and its rarely full regardless of the number of Pins

“Parrot feathers” said they booked a JS.  JS can only have dinner at CK, not breakfast or lunch. They also cannot book in advance that’s why I suggested they immediately make reservations when they board.

1 hour ago, LoveFamliyVacations said:

“Parrot feathers” said they booked a JS.  JS can only have dinner at CK, not breakfast or lunch. They also cannot book in advance that’s why I suggested they immediately make reservations when they board.

Nope, in post 8 she went GS