New RCL ship for Sydney? Radiance now in Brisbane

Received the email and saw it on FB now we just need the itineraries.   Princess and RCCL - both companies saying they are increasing the number of CRUISE SHIPS in our regions.   Great more choices.   Celebrity has already announced Celebrity Edge will also be in our region - but I am not sure the extra cost is worth it.

2 hours ago, Rassa said:

Received the email and saw it on FB now we just need the itineraries.   Princess and RCCL - both companies saying they are increasing the number of CRUISE SHIPS in our regions.   Great more choices.   Celebrity has already announced Celebrity Edge will also be in our region - but I am not sure the extra cost is worth it.

The Edge seems very overpriced at the moment. I do hope the prices settle, then I can get onto her.

6 hours ago, crewzerguy said:

I thought Seranade may get the slot given its last position for any sale has it in Hawaii, whilst great news that Brisbane has been given Radiance its somewhat a little disappointing Sydney is getting back the same class of ship. The news could be made better if it was a full year round deployment as I believe theres capacity there to compete with Carnival and P&O duting the winter, any way lets see what the official story is and just be greatful we gained another ship (well kind of as we lost Explorer in Sydney)

They know they can base it year round. They won't because it can sail fuller and make more money for them somewhere else.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

The Edge seems very overpriced at the moment. I do hope the prices settle, then I can get onto her.

I agree but I think cruise prices tend to go up and not down, except the odd time when a cruise for some reason is not selling well (may-be due to high prices).  I hope you are right and the price settles.

I wonder if it will change the demographics on any ships, I mean until recently if sailing Australia Sydney was your sole choice now more ships based in Mali, Bris, and even ADL, will it change much I wonder.

So excited to have all these new ships, especially sailing from Brisbane.

Lets hope they give us some exciting new itineraries to go with them all.

A little more Tahiti, Samoa, Tonga, Cook Islands, Norfolk.

3 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Yeah more itineraries would be nice, but bet Mrs G will still opt for Tassie.

42 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah more itineraries would be nice, but bet Mrs G will still opt for Tassie.

Gut, would you have to drive up to Brissy? as I recall Mrs Gut cannot fly.

Still from Newy not a bad drive anymore with all the bypasses, boring but quicker haha!

We are off for another week in Surfers, seems to be a yearly thing now one of our grandsons is 7yrs and love Movieworld!

Port to Surfers is only about 5 1/2 hours drive for us with all the by passes, you could have a stop over halfway at Coffs😄

Edited by cheznandy

Yeah have to drive, so it’d add a week to the holiday, just not up to doing it in a day anymore, probably go New England one way Pacific the other stop a day or two on the way.

sounds like fun visiting the Wally Worlds as I call them, had a few great visits to them when the kids were younger.

2 hours ago, cheznandy said:

That would be great, Tahiti may be a bit far but the others are doable in a two week cruise.

1 hour ago, Jandex said:

I believe Radiance is undergoing a refurbishment prior to heading to Brisbane. 

Has anyone heard of similar plans for Serenade before heading to Sydney? 

I vaguely remember someone saying radiance,after Alaska it’s going straight to Singapore for a facelift then onto Brisbane.

Edited by Chiliburn

34 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I vaguely remember someone saying radiance,after Alaska it’s going straight to Singapore for a facelift then onto Brisbane.

Yes, we learned of this (Singapore refurb after Alaska), and, as we love Radiance, and, at that time, had just got off her, we had a vague 'plan' to travel to Singapore & bring her back home to Sydney in Oct 2020. Of course we now know she will be going to Brisvegas instead. New plan required 🙂

56 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Yes, we learned of this (Singapore refurb after Alaska), and, as we love Radiance, and, at that time, had just got off her, we had a vague 'plan' to travel to Singapore & bring her back home to Sydney in Oct 2020. Of course we now know she will be going to Brisvegas instead. New plan required 🙂

It is an easy flight from Brissie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

Mmm....Mr Walker, a good plan. The Alaska to Singapore would be a good one too!

We are cruising the Splendor Singapore to Sydney later this year to it's new home, and have booked the Carnival Spirit Hawaii to Sydney the following year to its new home Brisbane, but may have to rethink the last one when we see all these new repositioning itineraries.

Edited by cheznandy

2 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Mmm....Mr Walker, a good plan. The Alaska to Singapore would be a good one too!

We are cruising the Splendor Singapore to Sydney later this year to it's new home, and have booked the Carnival Spirit Hawaii to Sydney the following year to its new home Brisbane, but may have to rethink the last one when we see all these new repositioning itineraries.

Somewhere in my alcoholic hase I recall .

Alaska to Singapore May only have contractors and no passengers 

But I have been wrong before.