Cruise Critic Community
crewzerguy

New RCL ship for Sydney? Radiance now in Brisbane

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Somewhere in my alcoholic hase I recall .

Alaska to Singapore May only have contractors and no passengers 

But I have been wrong before.

Well it is Friday night, cheers!

I know the Splendor is coming across from LA via Hawaii,Guam, etc to Singapore for its Dry dock/OZ reno, loads of seadays but something different.

Enjoy your night and hey, I am always wrong haha!!

Edited by cheznandy

23 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

What have you read that makes it so bad? Are the issues to do with the ship or the crew?

Poor food and lack of things to do. Hopefully it’s all wrong. 

Just now, CupcakeSusie said:

Poor food and lack of things to do. Hopefully it’s all wrong. 

Okay, those are things that would affect my cruise enjoyment.

2 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Well it is Friday night, cheers!

I know the Splendor is coming across from LA via Hawaii,Guam, etc to Singapore for its Dry dock/OZ reno, loads of seadays but something different.

Enjoy your night and hey, I am always wrong haha!!

Serenade was that?

I don’t think splendour of the seas is no more .

That would a nice cruise, something different.

11 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Serenade was that?

I don’t think splendour of the seas is no more .

That would a nice cruise, something different.

Carnival Splendor, sorry not a Royal ship, but yes a different itinerary that we dont have the leave to do!

10 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Carnival Splendor, sorry not a Royal ship, but yes a different itinerary that we dont have the leave to do!

I find that being an issue constantly.

Leave is one of the hardest things for us too. I’m a school teacher so I’m locked in to January holidays, which are much more expensive - and it’s my hisband’s businest time of the year at work, so it’s hard for him to take 2 weeks off 😕 

re Serenade - I will be waiting for people here to give some reviews before I consider it. They may improve things when she arrives in sydney, but I will wait to get some trustworthy opinions from seasoned cruisers here. 

Ovation of the Seas appears to be still in Sydney and that is a reasonably new ship. Radiance of the Seas is actually a great ship and would be my first choice. Looks like Brisbane is getting a good ship. I wonder if its length at around 293m allows it to go to the dedicated cruise terminal. I am reluctant to try ships with around 4,000 or more passengers for certain types of cruises. If it was a repeat itinerary that I have done in the past then I am all for it but if I am going on a new itinerary I prefer the real ships that have anywhere from 1,800 to 2,600 passengers. That is my comfortably size ship.

3 minutes ago, Brisbane41 said:

Ovation of the Seas appears to be still in Sydney and that is a reasonably new ship. Radiance of the Seas is actually a great ship and would be my first choice. Looks like Brisbane is getting a good ship. I wonder if its length at around 293m allows it to go to the dedicated cruise terminal. I am reluctant to try ships with around 4,000 or more passengers for certain types of cruises. If it was a repeat itinerary that I have done in the past then I am all for it but if I am going on a new itinerary I prefer the real ships that have anywhere from 1,800 to 2,600 passengers. That is my comfortably size ship.

I agree on the size, that is why we prefer the P&O UK/HAL Vista Class and Princess Grand Class vessels.

I just had a look at the Brisbane cruise terminal website and found that 270m length is the maximum allowed to dock at Hamilton Cruise Terminal. That means Radiance of the Seas will have to dock at the grain terminal until the new international cruise terminal is built at luggage point.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I find that being an issue constantly.

Your day will come Uncle Mic and others.  But save your pennies, because when retired you will spend plenty, believe me.

T shirt.jpg

Edited by NSWP

Well just booked Radiance to NZ in Jan,  had Solstice booked for Qld coast but a slight date issue came up, then at the same time got an email about this one so jumped.

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Your day will come Uncle Mic and others.  But save your pennies, because when retired you will spend plenty, believe me.

T shirt.jpg

Yep, a few years off still though.

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Well just booked Radiance to NZ in Jan,  had Solstice booked for Qld coast but a slight date issue came up, then at the same time got an email about this one so jumped.

Good job.

10 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Good job.

Saved a bit of $$$$ too but best of all saved herself some LSL.

5 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Saved a bit of $$$$ too but best of all saved herself some LSL.

Got to protect that leave.

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Got to protect that leave.

Yeah she wants to do another circumnavigation of Aus.

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah she wants to do another circumnavigation of Aus.

That would be good for both of you, will your Dr sign off on it as it is basically a domestic cruise.

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

That would be good for both of you, will your Dr sign off on it as it is basically a domestic cruise.

I expect so. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Brisbane41 said:

I just had a look at the Brisbane cruise terminal website and found that 270m length is the maximum allowed to dock at Hamilton Cruise Terminal. That means Radiance of the Seas will have to dock at the grain terminal until the new international cruise terminal is built at luggage point.

She won't be docking at the grain terminal. BICT is scheduled to open on the 3rd of October with Pacific Dawn being the first ship. Nearly a month before Radiance's arrival.In addition RCI wouldn't be basing her there if the terminal wasn't planned to be finished. That's why both Carnival and RCI are going out of Brisbane again in 2020-2021 season. 

INFO:https://www.portbris.com.au/Major-Projects/Cruise-Terminal/Project-updates/

https://www.portbris.com.au/Operations-and-Trade/Shipping-Schedule/

Edited by DDG 41

3 minutes ago, DDG 41 said:

She won't be docking at the grain terminal. It's scheduled to open by the 3rd of October. Nearly a month before Radiance's arrival. They wouldn't be basing her there if the terminal wasn't finished. That's why both Carnival and RCI are going out of Brisbane again in 2020-2021 season.

I hope it is finished on time then, the push will be on.

Posted (edited)

…..

Edited by The_Big_M
already covered