Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Jchivers

Are Viking Ocean cruises fun?

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

I think Ragnar might check with Mrs Ragnar before inviting y'all, us, AND Ho-Hum and Blondie to his house for an all inclusive weekend....🍸

Hmmm. how to we contact each other?  We need Sherlock Holmes here. This is me if you can figure it out 😉

Prefix 9** next is for cell only 9** final 6282 for texts (not 925 or 923 for home phone only) Which of my friends will find me? Only my buddies need apply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Contessa, I have the area code figured out, but there are several 9xx cell phone “exchange codes” that cover your area, depending on provider.  And 924 is shown as being for landlines.  I’d have to ping 5 or 6 cell numbers to hit yours.  And I’m not sure the burly dude down the road from you would appreciate being called Contessa...

 

So I need another clue.

 

Or you can just email me at ragnarcc at that Google email service.  To make sure it is actually you, I’ll respond with an email containing a code phrase that you can then post here on this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Well Contessa, I have the area code figured out, but there are several 9xx cell phone “exchange codes” that cover your area, depending on provider.  And 924 is shown as being for landlines.  I’d have to ping 5 or 6 cell numbers to hit yours.  And I’m not sure the burly dude down the road from you would appreciate being called Contessa...

 

So I need another clue.

 

Or you can just email me at ragnarcc at that Google email service.  To make sure it is actually you, I’ll respond with an email containing a code phrase that you can then post here on this thread.

Sent....quattro otto

Ciao

Contessa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else find that they have fun but spouse does not?  In my case it's itineraries they don't like or certain excursions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Anyone else find that they have fun but spouse does not?  In my case it's itineraries they don't like or certain excursions.

Perhaps because we don't cruise that often, but we tend to do all our negotiation long before we book.  For instance, I'd like to do the Eastern Caribbean but my beloved doesn't have much interest in a sun & sand vacation....so it's not going to happen in the foreseeable future.  Once we've agreed on an itinerary we both like, then we start negotiating on excursions that we can agree on.  Occasionally we'll agree to split up; I'll do something strenuous while she goes shopping. 

 

She admits to being pleasantly surprised occasionally - she didn't expect to like Ephesus, but it blew her away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Jchivers said:

Perhaps because we don't cruise that often, but we tend to do all our negotiation long before we book.  For instance, I'd like to do the Eastern Caribbean but my beloved doesn't have much interest in a sun & sand vacation....so it's not going to happen in the foreseeable future.  Once we've agreed on an itinerary we both like, then we start negotiating on excursions that we can agree on.  Occasionally we'll agree to split up; I'll do something strenuous while she goes shopping. 

 

She admits to being pleasantly surprised occasionally - she didn't expect to like Ephesus, but it blew her away.

 

I tend to do the planning but I share details with the spouse.  Sometimes descriptions of the activities are not good enough.  But you can always email Viking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Well Contessa, I have the area code figured out, but there are several 9xx cell phone “exchange codes” that cover your area, depending on provider.  And 924 is shown as being for landlines.  I’d have to ping 5 or 6 cell numbers to hit yours.  And I’m not sure the burly dude down the road from you would appreciate being called Contessa...

 

So I need another clue.

 

Or you can just email me at ragnarcc at that Google email service.  To make sure it is actually you, I’ll respond with an email containing a code phrase that you can then post here on this thread.

 

"Ho Hum is a Dandy"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...