Refurbished Sky - Wow

TheTides

I just went on FB and saw the new photos for the refurbished Sky and all I can say is wow!  They have done a really nice job updating these older ships, and this make me more inclined to take a shorter cruise on her.  Also in my opinion “Perfect Day” coco Cay looks like a giant theme park, so I for one am really excited they updated the Sky to compete with the new RCCL ships, even though there really isn’t much comparison between the two ship wise (besides the drink package)

33 minutes ago, TheTides said:

I just went on FB and saw the new photos for the refurbished Sky and all I can say is wow!  They have done a really nice job updating these older ships, and this make me more inclined to take a shorter cruise on her.  Also in my opinion “Perfect Day” coco Cay looks like a giant theme park, so I for one am really excited they updated the Sky to compete with the new RCCL ships, even though there really isn’t much comparison between the two ship wise (besides the drink package)

Could you share a link? Going on the Sky this weekend and would love to see some good photos of the updates! I feel like all I've seen so far is the Bliss Lounge and the buffet's outdoor dining area. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, savannahre said:

Could you share a link? Going on the Sky this weekend and would love to see some good photos of the updates! I feel like all I've seen so far is the Bliss Lounge and the buffet's outdoor dining area. 

just go to NCL.com.   scroll to bottom of page to media,  its the latest press release.

1 hour ago, savannahre said:

I'll be on her this weekend too. Can't wait and am even more excited after all these photos. The staterooms especially look great - they were in dire need of a refresh.

See you in a couple days!

4 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

?

Pride of Aloha was her name between 2004 and 2008.

EDIT:

Norwegian Sky (1999–2004)

Pride of Aloha (2004–2008)

Norwegian Sky (2008–present)

Edited by ziggyuk

Most of the rehab is pretty good.  Remember the nice wood paneling in and around Capt Cooks,  all replaced with white plastic and wall paper.  Not an improvement IMO. Rooms all looked the same,  day we sailed were replacing the rusty bathroom doors.

On 3/19/2019 at 3:21 PM, fstuff1 said:

ahh.. just a renaming.

why sad? it's not mothballing/sold for scrap/sunk to make a coral reef

I think it's the nostalgia. The Hawaiian decor added some character and reflected her history.

My husband and I sailed on the Sky back in 2011. She looks beautiful now, but also like a completely different ship!