Cruise Critic Community

I have no idea where this question should go. I saw a realky cute set of six cubes in various sizes on Amazon for not much money. Other stores have far more expensive, and less cute sets for double, tripple and quadruple the price. What are the quality differences between more and less expensive sets? 

Most people call them packing cubes, and there have been a number of threads about them recently.  Sometimes within the packing threads.  EM

3 hours ago, Debbborra said:

I have no idea where this question should go. I saw a realky cute set of six cubes in various sizes on Amazon for not much money. Other stores have far more expensive, and less cute sets for double, tripple and quadruple the price. What are the quality differences between more and less expensive sets? 

We have ordered all ours from Amazon...they are from e-bags.  Those are great and have lasted us years.

I got a set of 6 from Amazon for like $25. They are great! I found packing them was easy (I’m a roller) and I just put them right on the shelves in the cabin, it worked great for us.

Be sure to read the reviews on Amazon. They can often help you determine quality. By default, the reviews are sorted by "Most Helpful" (or something like that), but I like to sort them by newest first. That way I can see recent experiences people have with things. Because sometimes sellers change to an improved version of the product that may not get the complaints you see in older reviews.

Heads up for UK cruisers Lidl have set of packing cubes for £7.99 available from 21st and also a travel bag with built in hanging shelves £14.99. Please note other supermarket are available.🙄😂

I am convinced. Though the set that I saw on Amazon are infinitely cuter than the ebags and far cheaper, I'm going with the ebags. While it's hard to compete with blue and white stripes, the recent reviews were not great. Conversely, everyone seems to love their ebag cubes. 

Thank you for all the good advice and thoughts. 

I gave my daughter a set (from Amazon) a few Christmases ago.  She raved about them so much that I got a set for our cruise to Japan last Fall.  They were great!  I'm going to order another set before our upcoming cruise, so both my husband and I have a set.  I'm getting a different colour so it will be easy to tell them apart.  One thing I will say is that it's best to stick with one kind of clothing item per cube.  Don't put 7 t-shirts in one and then decide to add some socks, jewelry, belts, etc. unless you have a good memory.  I spent some time sorting through all of them to find a specific item when I did this. 

They're really good for cross packing.

I fill one packing cube with some of my clothes (at least one complete outfit) and put it in my husband's checked bag.  He does the same. 

That way, if one of our bags is delayed or missing, we each have more clothes.

We have 2 colours, one for each of us.

I have two sets. They are nice; I know where all my t-shirts are, all my socks, etc.  

On 3/20/2019 at 1:50 PM, soonernstlouis said:

Not sure if this is the Amazon item OP was talking about:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JVHYJ8M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_0ZNKCbHR1SEGC

Use coupon code RTXRFRKI to lower price to $13.99.  

Thanks for this link, and the coupon code worked!  Will arrive Monday, we are leaving on Friday, 4/5.  Can't wait to try them!