Concierge class - worth it?

heatheranderson13

We have an option of paying $150 more to move to the Concierge class (4 people in room).  Except the room location (closer to the back of the boat) everything else stays the same in regards to the floor and room.  I have looked on the website and while there are a few perks that don't really mean too much (special key holder, umbrella etc)  $150 for special lunch and a bottle of sparkling wine seems like a lot.  Maybe I am missing something.....what would you do?

Thanks

You didn't mention which ship, which may have an impact.

I've heard the Concierge on the M-class ships are larger than standard veranda rooms (but haven't verified in person). If you're on an S-class, I'd pass. Unless the extra loyalty points are valuable to you. If you could go to Aqua for the $150, i'd do it 🙂

M class Concierge cabins are slightly larger, S class they are the same size.  You do get upgraded linens/towels and robes, if that matters to you.  You get a bottle of bubbly awful stuff they call wine and a plate of fruit (3 pieces).  Also, daily canapes (really awful) delivered to your cabin every afternoon and the extra Captains Club loyalty points.  Up to you if think these goodies are worth $150.00.

From which class to which class of Concierge. Also, when is the cruise? $150 PP is too much to me anyway. I would not pay more than $50PP for the upgrade from a Veranda. The price for a C2 Concierge on my cruise in May actually dropped below the price of 1A I paid on the final payment day a month later. So if you wait and the room is still available, you may upgrade with little or no cost.

This room was not a normal room with it so it is the same size not sure why vu it is identical to the one down the row that does not have it. We currently have it but could have downgraded for a saving of 150$ before dinner but now the price is back up so we will keep it and when it goes down I will take the savings 🙂

I wouldn't pay $150pp more on an S class ship. With 4 people in the cabin on an M class ship the extra 20 sq. ft. could be important. Is the additional $150 for four people or per person. While I might consider the $150 for the boarding lunch for four and for the two additional Captains Club per night that you get in Concierge, $600 would make it out of the question, especially on an S class ship where the cabin size is identical. The bottle of bubbly is worth about $20-$30 and it'll be split 4 ways...and we always trade it out for something we actually enjoy (like Prosecco), the shower gel you get in Concierge is certainly not worth the increase, there's plenty of fruit in the OVC, and the canapes in the afternoon have been a universally agreed upon joke. (When we stayed in Concierge Cabins we traded them out for fruit or cheese plates). Someone above said that for $150 pp more they'd consider Aqua Class, with the benefit of dining in Blu, however all Aqua Class Cabins only accommodate 2 people.

It was a total of 150$ but we were able to switch to another room same size everything including the extra big balcony we had. Same floor etc for $140 less. We have two kids that love celebrity and are excited for the amazing food and relaxing time so it was not a deal breaker and I rather save the money and hopefully this won’t be the last decrease we see. Now if I could add the drink package for 140$ total I would be in heaven lol

I actually paid $240 to upgrade from veranda 1A without perk to Concierge C2 with 2 perks ($300+$50 OBC and 2 classic beverage packages). In other words, I actually make money and get the drink packages with the upgrade. The staterooms before and after upgrade are at exactly the same location but moved 3 floors up, both have the extra large balcony.

42 minutes ago, heatheranderson13 said:

It was a total of 150$ but we were able to switch to another room same size everything including the extra big balcony we had. Same floor etc for $140 less. We have two kids that love celebrity and are excited for the amazing food and relaxing time so it was not a deal breaker and I rather save the money and hopefully this won’t be the last decrease we see. Now if I could add the drink package for 140$ total I would be in heaven lol

Only had concierge twice and both times were a free upgrade as prices dropped below standard balcony which I had booked. I went from a 2D on six to a C2 on deck 10 hump balcony.  The embarkation day lunch is nice as is the large balcony but that's it.

On 3/19/2019 at 5:03 PM, heatheranderson13 said:

We have an option of paying $150 more to move to the Concierge class (4 people in room).  Except the room location (closer to the back of the boat) everything else stays the same in regards to the floor and room.  I have looked on the website and while there are a few perks that don't really mean too much (special key holder, umbrella etc)  $150 for special lunch and a bottle of sparkling wine seems like a lot.  Maybe I am missing something.....what would you do?

Thanks

Yes we'd do it

More points

Embarkation lunch

and a few other items we appreciate...and the concierge has been helpful when GS was not...

I sail in Concierge when the price is agreeable to what I want to pay.  I've sailed CC the last couple of sailings but will be on a sailing next year in a standard balcony cabin.  I choose specifically for cabin location/price.  I know where I want to be and price I want to pay and check the differences.  Sometimes it is worth it to me and other times it isn't.

From time to time we see Concierge Class priced lower than regular veranda cabins, so at those times it is worthwhile to us, depending on the location of the cabin.

On M-class ships, a big plus of concierge class over a regular veranda is the extra square footage.

The so-called concierge perks have little appeal to us as we prefer the fruit and cheese platters (that all passengers can order from room service, whenever we want them) to the afternoon canapes.

We also like to go up to the buffet for the late afternoon tea time snacks because there you get a much wider variety of goodies from which to choose, plus the pizza bar and the ice cream bar with all the different flavors.

The boarding day lunch menu in the main dining room is extremely limited, so even when we go there, we end up heading over to the grill or the spa cafe or buffet to supplement the dining room lunch on embarkation day.

The services of the concierge  are available to all passengers, not only those in concierge class. 

The times when we have actually needed and used the services of the concierge on cruise ships, we were not even staying in concierge class. 

Most of the time on Celebrity ships we see the concierge sitting alone at his/her desk, delighted to help or just chat with anyone who stops by.

We have only done Concierge when it was a free upgrade.  If I had to put a value on a Concierge over any decent regular balcony cabin...I might value the Concierge at no more than $5 a day more.

Hank

It depends on if you think the perks are worth it for you.  We are sailing in Concierge Class in October, because by the time we picked a veranda cabin the price was only $45 pp more core CC.  So it was worth it to us for the much bigger balcony, the location, and the embarkation lunch.  The other perks are just little bonuses.  The sparkling wine really is terrible, but we like the fruit, and we don't mind the canapes every evening.  We would never upgrade just for the "Perks".

I was just on the Reflection and can honestly say that being in a concierge room was worth it. We got to the port at 11:30 am and went straight through the concierge line to get our passes. We then were guided to go up the escalator and onto the ship not stopping in a room with the other passengers. WoW. Then we went right to the concierge lunch in the dining room where we were the first to taste the great food we were going to eat without lineups in the buffet.

After eating in a calm area (without our luggage by our side) we heard the announcement the rooms were ready. The room was great and our room service person came in to see if everything was okay and was there anything else we needed. We asked for ice, fruit and new pillows. They were there within an hour. I noticed a note on the bed from the concierge staff saying any issues 

to see her on the 8th floor.

We booked a future cruise and wanted to call our TA to see if we could flip the cruise to them the third day in the cruise. We went to the desk and used their phone to get the ball rolling. This made the cruise less stressful. They even called us to make sure we had everything we needed and to call for anything. 

The daily canapes were always an experience, but my wife enjoyed most of them. The foot stools on our balcony were a bonus.

This is what changed our feelings. The extra 2 points per day for Captains Club does not hurt either. 

3 hours ago, screwsmcernst said:

It depends on if you think the perks are worth it for you.  We are sailing in Concierge Class in October, because by the time we picked a veranda cabin the price was only $45 pp more core CC.  So it was worth it to us for the much bigger balcony, the location, and the embarkation lunch.  The other perks are just little bonuses.  The sparkling wine really is terrible, but we like the fruit, and we don't mind the canapes every evening.  We would never upgrade just for the "Perks".

For only $45 more we'd definitely do it, if only for the extra 2 points per night. We trade the bottle of bubbly for a bottle of prosecco and ask for a fruit and cheese plate instead of the regular afternoon savories. The embarkation lunch is also a relaxing way to start the cruise. Sitting a quiet table with our carry-on luggage being stored, and being served a nice lunch is relaxing. 

• Like 1

I am currently on the Celebrity Solstice sailing in the South Pacific. I am traveling with 6 friends and family and we have all booked Concierge Class. It has been a struggle to get what we were promised. There was no dedicated embarkation line, no Concierge Class lunch, priority tender service is only from the ship to the port, not from the port back to the ship. ( Today, we stood in the port tender line in Tonga for over one hour, in the heat and sun.) The upgraded linens, robes and toiletries are a myth. Except for the addition of a small bottle of shower gel, they are exactly the same as those provided to everyone else. The pillow menu requests were finally fulfilled after many calls to the Concierge desk and guest relations.

Canapes are inconsistently delivered.  Even though we all paid for Concierge Class they only delivered one tote bag and one key card holder per stateroom. After pointing out to guest services and the Concierge that we are 6 independent women, not attached at the hip, who had EACH paid for Concierge Class, they reluctantly provided the additional bags and holders.

Bottom line, Concierge Class is definitely not worth the additional cost