So close to Elite..any suggestions to get there..

Travelexpert35

If an upgrade isn't an option than follow the advice to book a short cruise in an inside or oceanview cabin. You might also look for a special from Celebrity where they give points for booking an extra. They recently did this if you booked a flight using Flights by Celebrity. Rare that they do this, but it's worth checking.

Edited by Orator

9 minutes ago, PelicanLvr said:

How about the April 6 Infinity 2 night Bahama cruise.  Make sure you get all 3 points.

We booked a repositioning cruise, Amsterdam to Southampton in Sept 2012 to make sure we were Elite by our 14 day Caribbean cruise in March 2013.

I vowed I would never go through a tendering experience, that we encountered in Split in 2010. It took us 3 hours to get off the ship.

There are also cruises to sail with CEO LLP and get 15 (?) extra points.  Way more than you need. Not sure of dates or itins.  The short one in April sounds best..

Edited by hcat

34 minutes ago, Travelexpert35 said:

Thanks for all of the suggestions....the early April sounds good or we may just have to wait until the fall and see what comes up. It’s so frustrating...

I feel your pain. On our last cruise we booked a trip for 2019, left us short of Elite by about 10 points, but the plan was to make Elite in 2 cruises. Went back to our cabin, did some back of the envelope calculations and realized it would be overall less expensive to upgrade on the cruise than to book 2 cruises... with my luck they will completely overhaul the system and we still won't have the perks we are looking for!

Umm you might do the math.  Paying for a cruise you aren't even interested in taking versus paying for your drinks on the TA.  If you're light drinkers, I'm getting that you'd be better off paying as you go. (And if the Elite cocktail hour is enough for you, is say you're light drinkers.)

Another option to get some extra points is to book a Land Tour add on to your cruise.   We were to be 2 points short from hitting Zenith an added an Alaska Denali 3 day land tour.   The give you the same points per night as you room for the cruise. 

21 minutes ago, Loucat said:

Could someone explain the Elite drink perks? We are Elite and were not aware of drink related perks.
Thanks so much for helping a Elite in the dark :classic_ninja:

I think it was a reference to the Elite and Elite + social cocktail gathering.  Given the number of Elites and Elite +s this perk seems to be more frequently a number of drinks loaded onto the SeaPass card.  There have been some changes reported recently, but I don't follow the changes as we have passed into "z-land."

27 minutes ago, Loucat said:

Could someone explain the Elite drink perks? We are Elite and were not aware of drink related perks.

Unlimited CC HH drinks in the Sky Lounge and any bars/lounges except the World Class Bar, room service or the in stateroom mini bar. CC HHs are from 5 to 7 PM. 

Edited by davekathy

29 minutes ago, Loucat said:

Post 15.

I suggest you read the information left in your cabin on embarkation day, or go on to the Celebrity web site.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Another option to get some extra points is to book a Land Tour add on to your cruise.   We were to be 2 points short from hitting Zenith an added an Alaska Denali 3 day land tour.   The give you the same points per night as you room for the cruise. 

Except they need to do that on a cruise BEFORE the TA that they have planned.  They won't award points until AFTER the cruise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Travelexpert35 said:

Thanks for all of the suggestions....the early April sounds good or we may just have to wait until the fall and see what comes up. It’s so frustrating...

Several good options have been suggested to help you earn the necessary points.

You could also see what an entry level Sky Suite would cost for your desired Transpacific cruise.  You would then be able to have unlimited drinks in the Michael’s Club/retreat.  It might be cost effective, when compared to the total cost of taking an extra cruise, just to get the points.

On March 20, 2019 at 2:55 PM, jkgourmet said:

Except they need to do that on a cruise BEFORE the TA that they have planned.  They won't award points until AFTER the cruise. 

I have done a short cruise (4 day Bahamas) in early Nov 2018(Nov 1 - 4) on Infinity which made me Elite when I disembarked this ship. On the same day, I was embarking on a 15 day Panama Canal cruise, same cruise line, same port, just different pier, different ship. I went to the Captain's Club rep who contacted the Captain's Club rep on the ship I was embarking and received my Sea Pass that showed 'Elite'. Normally you would have to wait for 2 weeks before it shows up on your CC profile. 

Is there a short cruise you can take from YVR (like one on the Pacific Coast) in April?

On 3/20/2019 at 1:07 PM, davekathy said:

Unlimited CC HH drinks in the Sky Lounge and any bars/lounges except the World Class Bar, room service or the in stateroom mini bar. CC HHs are from 5 to 7 PM. 

What is "CC HH" that gets unlimited drinks???? 

Captain's Club Happy Hour.

We are also a few points away.  But have decided the Elite perks don't really add enough to cruise just to get them.  We drink mainly wine with dinner so the wine package, bev package, or corkage fees work best for us.  Also shopping around other lines and what they offer can yield great experiences.  Hope you find a good way to get what you want.

• Like 2

I would just purchase the 3 drinks a day on your TransPacific cruise because it would be cheaper/easier than a short cruise.  Alternatively, look for sales on drink packages.  We are Elite but I would never take a vacation simply to move up the loyalty ladder.  You have to figure air, transportation, hotels and parking into the equation, unless you are within driving distance of a port.

We reached Elite, basically in the middle of a 16 night Panama Canal Cruise.  We needed some laundry done, so I asked the Concierge if they would consider that we were basically Elite as of that date.  By the time we got back to our cabin, there were two coupons for laundry in our room - one for me and one for DH.  So you could possibly try that on your TP.

1 hour ago, Beachlover1989 said:

We reached Elite, basically in the middle of a 16 night Panama Canal Cruise.  We needed some laundry done, so I asked the Concierge if they would consider that we were basically Elite as of that date.  By the time we got back to our cabin, there were two coupons for laundry in our room - one for me and one for DH.  So you could possibly try that on your TP.

I wouldn't expect this treatment these days.  No harm asking but expect to be told no.

• Like 1