Premium Drinks Package/Sofa Beds

jdacombe

Hi,

My wife and I plus our son are booked on the Silhouette for a cruise to the Norwegian Fjords in August. As part of the package my wife and I received the Classic Drinks Package and our son, as the 3rd passenger, the classic non-alcoholic package, I have upgraded all three to the Premium Drinks Package, I wonder if anyone could confirm what is the maximum allowed per drink with this package, I have seen both $13 and $15, if it's the latter has Celebrity Cruises recently made this increase?

I don't know if anyone can help with this but we are all sharing the one stateroom (Concierge Class), our son, who is about 6' 5'' and around 14 stone has drawn the short straw and is on the sofa bed, will it be large enough for him to sleep on?

As an aside he is quite an imposing figure with his size, haircut and beard, and quite a collection of tattoos - very much in the Viking mould, so if anyone is on this particular cruise don't be alarmed if you see him, he's completely harmless and very quiet.

Very many thanks for any help

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jdacombe said:

Hi,

My wife and I plus our son are booked on the Silhouette for a cruise to the Norwegian Fjords in August. As part of the package my wife and I received the Classic Drinks Package and our son, as the 3rd passenger, the classic non-alcoholic package, I have upgraded all three to the Premium Drinks Package, I wonder if anyone could confirm what is the maximum allowed per drink with this package, I have seen both $13 and $15, if it's the latter has Celebrity Cruises recently made this increase?

I don't know if anyone can help with this but we are all sharing the one stateroom (Concierge Class), our son, who is about 6' 5'' and around 14 stone has drawn the short straw and is on the sofa bed, will it be large enough for him to sleep on?

As an aside he is quite an imposing figure with his size, haircut and beard, and quite a collection of tattoos - very much in the Viking mould, so if anyone is on this particular cruise don't be alarmed if you see him, he's completely harmless and very quiet.

At 6'5" that sofa bed is going to be pretty small for him. My niece who's about 5'8" fully stretched out almost filled the length of it.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 2:00 PM, jdacombe said:

Hi,

If your son is 18-- he is entitled to an full alcoholic drink package if the sailing is out of the UK. 

unlike the US--the UK sailings perk of drink package is the full alcoholic one for pax 18 and up

I think it will be a very tight fit for you son on the sofa.  It's not a true pullout bed.  It's a trundle that pulls out from the bottom so you sleep lengthwise with the width of the sofa.  He can sleep on the trundle or the sofa.  Hope this all makes sense.  In order to receive a true pullout, you would have to upgrade to a Suite. 

The Premium Drink Package ceiling price was raised to $15 sometime last year when they increased the package purchase price from $65 to $69 per day + 18% gratuity. Unfortunately, they did not raise the Classic ceiling price when they increased that package from $55 to $59. The Classic ceiling is still only $9.

My DH is 6'2.  If he is on the sofa bed (don't ask..)  his legs dangle off the end.  Plus the quality of the sofa  bed is really variable.  Some are ok.  Some are nothing more than a thin pad over some awful springs.  And that is CS or Royal.

As a possible improvement, watch for family verandah cabins. Especially closer to sailing they become available for small groups like your 3 pax and at a reasonable price. You will have SO much more room and a second bedroom although still small for your son will give you space, something hard to get in a cruise cabin.

Also look out for suite upgrades. Our son (6’) has comfortably slept in the substantial sofa beds in the CS, RS and PH. The CS has a Jack and Jill bathroom and is two separate rooms. The RS is also two rooms and has a second toilet and sink. For three adults sharing the extra space and privacy is nice. It is also nice if you don’t want to all get up/go to bed at the same time.

Enjoy your Norwegian cruise, we did this cruise two years ago and loved it!