Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
bogofman

DIAMOND LOUNGE ON INDY

Recommended Posts

Does  the diamond event on indy overflow into olive or twist on Mediteranian cruises? Only been on her on transatlantic crossings and it's overflowed or been held in the pyramid lounge

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

Usually in Pyramid Lounge was when DL was combined with CL. I've only been on once since the CL became SL.

 

I was told permission has to be obtained from Miami before an 'official' overflow is allowed as D's have the 'three drink' credit set-up on their cards to be used anywhere (more or less).

 

Regards,

 

Cublet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Might depend on the number of D and up on the sailing, so it could vary. 

 

Agree with Biker19, could vary depending on the numbers. On our westbound T/A from Southhampton it was the whole D lounge and the Olive n Twist.  Staff  were at the elevator lobby checking cards every evening. Place stayed busy even after the early rush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea but we are on the first UK sailing after the TA so I will post then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last May we did a 5 night cruise after the drydock. The SL was lovely and quiet 😆.

Olive and Twist was used as an overflow on that sailing for the Diamond lounge due to numbers , every cruise is different . Independence is very popular in the UK  but you will not know until you get on the ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, L454S said:

 

Agree with Biker19, could vary depending on the numbers. On our westbound T/A from Southhampton it was the whole D lounge and the Olive n Twist.  Staff  were at the elevator lobby checking cards every evening. Place stayed busy even after the early rush.

Hello,

 

And that's what RCI did wrong. Cocktails were 4.30 - 8.00pm. It was not until 4.30 that someone appeared at the elevator lobby/top of stairs to check cards so what all those after a free drink to which they were not entitled had to do was arrive before 4.30.

 

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

 

Regards,

 

Cublet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bogofman said:

Does  the diamond event on indy overflow into olive or twist on Mediteranian cruises? Only been on her on transatlantic crossings and it's overflowed or been held in the pyramid lounge

 

 

It did in May 2018 on a 5 night cruise to Cherbourg and Cork into the Olive & Twist lounge.

They taped most of the lounge off and supplied snacks as well as free drinks.

 

IMG_20180531_200437.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Our resident Indy fan Graham says there is no need

Usually the DL is never full on European sailings but on the 5 night May 2018 sailing to Cherbourg and Cork there was over 600 D,D+ on board so they opened Olive & Twist lounge.

IMG_20180531_200500.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Usually the DL is never full on European sailings but on the 5 night May 2018 sailing to Cherbourg and Cork there was over 600 D,D+ on board so they opened Olive & Twist lounge.

 

 

We're going to Cork/Cobh in May. Doing the Royal trip to Blarney in the morning, then local pub in afternoon.  Does that seem like a good plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, John&LaLa said:

 

We're going to Cork/Cobh in May. Doing the Royal trip to Blarney in the morning, then local pub in afternoon.  Does that seem like a good plan.

Yes,it is best to go early as it is very busy later.

You will love the Guinness in the pub.

There is a nice Titanic museum in Cobh that we visited.

A local group walk around Cobh in traditional clothing.

IMG_20180531_152738.jpg

IMG_20180531_094853.jpg

IMG_20180531_114146.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...