Quebec

Peachypooh

Assuming you are flying into Quebec City's Jean Lesage International Airport it is about a 20 - 25 minute car ride to the port. If you are flying into Montreal, Quebec it's a much, much longer car ride. 

I believe you will clear customs in Quebec City on the way in ( Airport if flying in and Cruise port if arriving by ship) and in NY if you are flying back from Quebec City. I don't think Canada has any pre-clearence offices in any U.S. airports or cruise terminals

Edited by DirtyDawg

2 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Assuming you are flying into Quebec City's Jean Lesage International Airport it is about a 20 - 25 minute car ride to the port. If you are flying into Montreal, Quebec it's a much, much longer car ride. 

I believe you will clear customs in Quebec City on the way in ( Airport if flying in and Cruise port if arriving by ship) and in NY if you are flying back from Quebec City. I don't think Canada has any pre-clearence offices in any U.S. airports or cruise terminals

Hah? The OP said they are sailing from NY to Quebec. 

You fill out Candadian customs forms on the ship before your first Canadian port. 

The port is in the old city. It is a bit of a drive to the airport. You can take a post cruise excursion to the falls ending at the airport. 

Many people book B2B, so there are a lot of people who Quebec is a port call. 

31 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Hah? The OP said they are sailing from NY to Quebec. 

3 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

How far is the airport from the cruise port? Also I am confused as to when we would go through

customs. I would be traveling northbound from NY to Quebec. Thanks.

Silly me. I did not assume 'travelling northbound' only meant cruising. I often travel northbound via airplanes. 

Edited by DirtyDawg

3 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

How far is the airport from the cruise port? Also I am confused as to when we would go through

Map image LINK:

https://www.google.com/maps/@46.7902782,-71.2817728,11278m/data=!3m1!1e3

The map can be zoomed in and out and panned right left.

At the left edge of the map is the Quebec City Airport - pan right to title QUEBEC CITY -

Airport to Pier is about 20 kilometers

Look for highway 440 (blue marker) which goes over the St. Charles River - the embarking

pier is on the St. Charles River just below that title.

Note if arriving by train (VIA Rail) look for the little Blue Metro symbol (Gare du Palais) - it is a two

block walk about 400 meters to the pier boarding point - look for a big white tent structure.

The St. Charles River pier is not the ONLY cruise port pier. Two years ago we used the pier

on the St. Lawrence River just down the hill from the Hotel Frontenac. Last year we were at the

industrial pier as noted above which I understand is NCL latest assignment.

Something for you to consider.  

We found the airfare home cheaper if we left from Montreal. We took the train from Quebec to Montreal. It was a neat experience as we don’t travel by train very often. As an added bonus the plane from Montreal was much bigger than the puddle jumper we would have taken from Quebec.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Briji04 said:

Something for you to consider.  

We found the airfare home cheaper if we left from Montreal. We took the train from Quebec to Montreal. It was a neat experience as we don’t travel by train very often. As an added bonus the plane from Montreal was much bigger than the puddle jumper we would have taken from Quebec.

Thank you! I am having trouble finding suitable air since I live in an out of the way place in the US and use a

regional airport. This will give me options. Thanks again.

As far as customs goes, you will go through Canadian at the airport. You will go through US customs at the first US port you enter. On my last Canada and New England Cruise in 2016 the C&I people came onboard to check passports when we hit Bar Harbor we had to declare our purchased goods when we hit Boston the next day. Not sure which port (if any) you hit before you debarkation  port.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:27 PM, Peachypooh said:

What ship ? GEM or DAWN

Itinerary ?

You are leaving from Quebec City to Boston or New York ?

Gem sails out of Boston to Quebec and back - this year clears CBI at Bar Harbor or Portland

Dawn sails of of NYC clears CBI at Portland

both of these according to the scheduled Fall Canada New England Itinerary

Escape is in Canada but does not go to Quebec

6 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

Thank you! I am having trouble finding suitable air since I live in an out of the way place in the US and use a

regional airport. This will give me options. Thanks again.

You can't be that far removed in the boondocks - there is always a regional jet taking you to a hub city Chicago Atlanta

Detroit New York (3 airports) .

Canadian cities Toronto and Montreal and then that puddle jumper into Quebec or Canada VIA Rail.

Returning trip from Boston or NYC returning via a hub city.

xxxxxxxxxx

What regional airport are you planning on leaving from ?

I worked for a major airline for 29 years -

Can offer you some hints and ideas - planes trains automobiles and cruise ships are in my blood

Have done the Boston Quebec B2B twice on the DAWN

• Like 1