TV channels

Hottubmomma

Most likely if they cover March Madness at all it will be in one of the bars. Normally they do not carry sports events other than things like soccer except for the finals. 2 years ago we were on the Breakaway and they only carry the last game or so of March Madness. I hope, for your hubby's sake I am wrong. 

3 hours ago, Love my butler said:

If it costs NCL money, don't count on it.

that has little to do with the reason for not showing sports: it has more to do with what networks they have contracts with, just like any other line. Or even like most of us at home.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hottubmomma said:

thanks everyone, my husband is researching bars at our stops that might carry the tournament. HUGE basketball fan

I'd ask after you board.

I've been on many sailings that have had some big sporting events.

I've seen the Super Bowl, Wimbledon Tennis (on the big screens by the pool) and last year on the Escape we watched many World Cup Soccer games. 

Hopefully you're lucky.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Barb Nahoumi said:

When we were on the Dawn last October, they were able to show the last game of the World Series on the large screen in the atrium.  Most  passengers were from the New England area, so NCL got this for us.

We saw the Red Sox win.

I was figuring this was the case, as the other person was on the Gem (guessing out of Yankeetown), so interest was obviously lower.

12 hours ago, Hottubmomma said:

Fingers crossed!

I would be willing to bet the games on TRUTV and TNT are not on.   There is a chance the games on CBS are.  I don't remember what channels the ship got though unfortunately.  

On 3/22/2019 at 4:01 PM, Barb Nahoumi said:

When we were on the Dawn last October, they were able to show the last game of the World Series on the large screen in the atrium.  Most  passengers were from the New England area, so NCL got this for us.

We saw the Red Sox win.

In 2011 we saw the Cardinals beat the Rangers on the Gem out of NYC.  Had nothing to do with any homeboys.  Same ship did not show Cubs Indians in 2016, did not get to see the Cubs win for the first time in over 100 years.

14 hours ago, pbenjamin said:

Could someone do what the thread subject suggests and provide the standard list of channels on NCL ships?

I’ve learned that here on Cruise Critic, thread subjects are largely disregarded. I made a thread about it, but nobody seems to care. Ironically, there are other forums that enforce it as a rule.

On the Jewel 10 days ago, channels 10 through 18 were the usual NCL stuff, including a bow cam channel and a navigation diagrams channel. 19 to 22 were movie channels, one for drama, another for comedy, another for kids and I forget the other one.  The same movies were shown every day, just in a different order. One of the movies was Ground Hog Day.  Drama included Crazy Rich Asians Further up there was BBC news, Faux News, and PMSNBC.  Ignored the rest.  Hope this helps.

• Haha 1

Great news, just returned from our trip and the Basketball tournament is available. There is a channel called special events and they played all the games so my husband was over the moon. We enjoyed watching the games at O' Sheehans and the staff there always made sure we had a great booth for viewing. Go HOOS!

On 3/22/2019 at 5:17 AM, mugtech said:

Did not show any games of the 2016 World Series on the Gem, had seen it in the atrium in previous years.

They did show the final game of the 2018 World Series in the Atrium and O'Sheehan's on the Dawn.   That was a special treat.

We saw a Wimbleton tennis tournament one cruise.

Other than that all I remember is Fox News.

On the Jade the movies just ran when they ran you

couldn't pick, stop, or start them and there was no

guide! Maybe that is fixed now.