Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Grover_

Removing self-serve laundry rooms on Veendam?

Recommended Posts

Is it true that the self-serve laundry rooms are going to be removed during Veendam’s upcoming April dry dock?

 

I am going on a 12 day Mediterranean cruise on the Veendam in June and I was going to pack enough clothes for half of the days and do laundry on board.  If I understand correctly, my other options would be unlimited laundry ($9/day or $108 for 12 days) or a single bag ($30).  Is this correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grover_ said:

Is it true that the self-serve laundry rooms are going to be removed during Veendam’s upcoming April dry dock?

 

I am going on a 12 day Mediterranean cruise on the Veendam in June and I was going to pack enough clothes for half of the days and do laundry on board.  If I understand correctly, my other options would be unlimited laundry ($9/day or $108 for 12 days) or a single bag ($30).  Is this correct?

 

Not sure about removing the laundry rooms but your ship;s laundry pricing is correct,  It is a real bargain and you won't be spending vacation time doing laundry.  Pack for three days and use the laundry service. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billbunger said:

Call HAL for the answer. 

 

Call 6 times and you'll get 6 different answers ......  Seattle probably can't give you a "definitive" answer even AFTER the ship comes out of dry-dock....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crew News said:

 

Not sure about removing the laundry rooms but your ship;s laundry pricing is correct,  It is a real bargain and you won't be spending vacation time doing laundry.  Pack for three days and use the laundry service. 

 

I'm going on Amsterdam in July for 14 days, which still has self service laundry.  Even though we are only 2 doors away from the laundry room I have purchased the unlimitedlaundry package.  For $7/day I will GLADLY pay someone else to do laundry so I can spend more time enjoying the sights of Alaska!!!!!  I do enough laundry at home - I LOVE that HAL offer this little luxury!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

 

Call 6 times and you'll get 6 different answers ......  Seattle probably can't give you a "definitive" answer even AFTER the ship comes out of dry-dock....

And then you might still want to post here and ask someone who has been on after dry dock.😉

You run the risk of an agent looking at non-updated deck plans and answering based on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am surprised any of the Holland Ships still have a self serve laundry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign up for unlimited laundry the first day of your cruise. Then, if a piece of clothing touches your skin, throw it in the bag.  The best deal around if you ask me.  Just off the Koningsdam, and we got our laundry back the same day. Had it on the bed in the am , and got it back at night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

 

Call 6 times and you'll get 6 different answers ......  Seattle probably can't give you a "definitive" answer even AFTER the ship comes out of dry-dock....

 

Hmmm...  not too far from my actual experiences calling 😃.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like everyone loves the unlimited laundry service.  I’m thinking that’s what I will do.  Is there any discount if you purchase online before the cruise vs buying it on the ship?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Grover_ said:

Sounds like everyone loves the unlimited laundry service.  I’m thinking that’s what I will do.  Is there any discount if you purchase online before the cruise vs buying it on the ship?

At one time, yes, for European cruises.  I don't know if it still is.  I would call HAL and see what price they quote you.  We DID get a discount by purchasing before the cruise but that was a few years ago.  I watched to be sure they didn't charge me the difference once on board, but there was no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I checked the deck plans. Assuming that they have been updated since dry dock, it looks like they kept the launderette on Deck 6 (our deck) but I do not see a launderette anywhere else. I think that using the ship's laundry service is still the best bet.

Edited by ApolloBeachRetiree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

12 hours ago on a Veendam Dry Dock Work thread senorjim said: 

 

Correct. No more self serve laundry. 
Jim

Edited by catl331

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Forum Assistance
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a 7-day Caribbean cruise for two!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...