Royal Caribbean - New Adventure Reveal - Aust / NZ

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

Nuh it’s in the Caribbean,go straight to goal and don’t pass go

Haha!!😂  stranger things have happened where they just reposition it.........ok I am off to gaol.

But I did have a look at the Adventure of the seas and it has some great stuff onboard!!

Hopefully it is some great itineraries.

1 hour ago, DDG 41 said:

Maybe their new private island in the Asia Pacific Region.

Maybe XXXX island in QLD?

Or one of he many other islands big enough for about 4,000 passengers to spend a day on?

Craig

1 hour ago, cheznandy said:

When is all this supposed to be revealed?  We have done a few Royal cruises but am not a follower of their forums.

By the 7th of April. Although, from what I've heard it will occur on the 2nd April 9AM AEDT

Im hoping its more ports and the new "Perfect day " island. Royal needs something for short 4 day cruises ex Sydney/Brisbane that is something akin to P&Os Moreton island but with facilties similar to Laberdee and Coco Cay in the Caribbean......would also be a great inclusion on longer sailings - hopefully they have found the right piece of real estate! 

25 minutes ago, crewzerguy said:

LOL.... lets hope the Miami bean counters gave the real estate scout a full jar!

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Mystery Island is the one. X (RCL) have already put Cabana's on the beach for the visits. And they have done a lot of work organising walkways with small rock walls and plantings etc,  to make it much more resort looking.

To be honest I would be disappointed if it was Mystery Island (dont get me wrong its a great little out with great water and beaches) however it wouldnt be a new destination, my hope is its a QLD island so it can be reached on shorter cruises and  be incorporated into longer sailings .......re Mystery Island I did notice that additional work has been done around the island but my take was that its just ongoing work by the locals in Vanuatu

13 minutes ago, crewzerguy said:

To be honest I would be disappointed if it was Mystery Island (dont get me wrong its a great little out with great water and beaches) however it wouldnt be a new destination, my hope is its a QLD island so it can be reached on shorter cruises and  be incorporated into longer sailings .......re Mystery Island I did notice that additional work has been done around the island but my take was that its just ongoing work by the locals in Vanuatu

Yes,  the work is done by the locals with money from the cruise ship visits to make it more inviting.

A Qld island would be good, there are a few (resorts) for sale and some need a lot of investment for the repairs.

I'm not a fan of the captive island.

Not only do they get the revenue from the cruise and all onboard services, but now take revenue that actually went to the destinations instead. They just make an island that is more the same as onboard just to extra more money from you e.g. the beverage stall/bar RCL group set up on Mystery Island.

• Like 1