Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
mommao729

Bonaire beaches and snorkel

Recommended Posts

Will be going to Bonaire in April. We love the beach and want to snorkel. But we want to do it on our own. 

Looking for a beach with restaurants and shopping and good snorkeling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 12:55 AM, mommao729 said:

Will be going to Bonaire in April. We love the beach and want to snorkel. But we want to do it on our own. 

Looking for a beach with restaurants and shopping and good snorkeling. 

Following this thread as well.  We are looking for a good beach to snorkel from preferably the southern route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last I remember, there was a beach within walking distance from the ship. Private beach where you have to pay for an entrance. Walking that way you will find restaurants and small local shops for souvenirs. That was many years ago. There might be more shops now. But I am sure there was a beach. Check that out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've read about a lot of possibilities---any firsthand accounts?

Coco beach

Delfins Beach

Divi 

Plaza Resort

Spice Beach Club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been to this island 5 time's no one has answered this question because there is no such thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2019 at 5:38 PM, TTEllis said:

Been to this island 5 time's no one has answered this question because there is no such thing. 

 

Correct. One of the charms of Bonaire is that it is "rustic". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

 

Correct. One of the charms of Bonaire is that it is "rustic". 

Very quickly becoming one of my favorite islands and you DON'T have to snorkel or do a cat. trip to enjoy it. 

The island is really getting nice. 

Love the place it's adorable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

Very quickly becoming one of my favorite islands and you DON'T have to snorkel or do a cat. trip to enjoy it. 

The island is really getting nice. 

Love the place it's adorable. 


I like adorable as a description. It is a good one. I am going to steal that. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:


I like adorable as a description. It is a good one. I am going to steal that. 😀

No problemo!! Have fun.

😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a link to the beaches in Bonaire  https://www.tourismbonaire.com/bonaire-beach/te-amo  

We have cruised to Bonaire 3 times and liked it so much we are doing a land vacation there in January.  We plan to take the water taxi to Klein Bonaire to snorkel from the beach there.  This island has NO amenities.  We will also do some snorkeling from shore on  Bonaire.  I will come back to let you know what worked for us.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 7:26 PM, topspot said:

Here is a link to the beaches in Bonaire  https://www.tourismbonaire.com/bonaire-beach/te-amo  

We have cruised to Bonaire 3 times and liked it so much we are doing a land vacation there in January.  We plan to take the water taxi to Klein Bonaire to snorkel from the beach there.  This island has NO amenities.  We will also do some snorkeling from shore on  Bonaire.  I will come back to let you know what worked for us.

 

Great thanks for the upcoming review.

Your going to love snorkeling from the beach at Klein Bonaire. Have a great time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2019 at 10:38 PM, slabeaume said:

Only been to Spice Beach Club, but loved it.  Snorkeling was great.  Facilities at the resort were really nice, too.  For a better review of my day there, check out http://crusanwithsusan.blogspot.com/2015/04/2015-4-26-bonaire-8-5-eden-beach-spice.html

Would you recommend the Spice Beach Club to people who will not be snorkelling? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...