Cruise Critic Community
Suskies

Port photos - Mar 2 Southeast Asia on Millie

A few days ago I posted a long report on our Mar 2 Southeast Asia cruise on the Millie, with photos of the ship. A few CC'ers asked me to post photos from the ports as well. Here we go! First stop: Singapore. The first shot is of Marina Bay from our room at the Mandarin Oriental. You can see the Millie off in the distance, just right of the Marina Bay towers. The second is a shot of the Singapore skyline from our cabin as the ship departed.

2019-03-02 08.02.25 SINGAPORE VIEW.jpg

2019-03-02 20.51.58 SINGAPORE VIEW FROM SHIP.jpg

Next stop, Bangkok! This is a view of the river from our room at the Shangri-La.

2019-03-06 18.40.52.jpg

Another shot of our view of the river, and the musician on our Loy Nava dinner cruise, with Wat Arun in the background.

2019-03-06 18.41.02.jpg

2019-03-06 20.50.47.jpg

The first image is the Maeklong Railway Market, with the vendors re-erecting their awnings after the train has passed through. The second image is from Damnern Saduak Floating Market. Both of these are about an hour west of Bangkok.

2019-03-07 08.28.32.jpg

2019-03-07 10.11.19.jpg

Next stop: Hoi An! The first shot is fishing boats on the rive--notice the eyes. The second is the Japanese bridge, the third is a wall on the edge of Old Town, and the fourth is one of the temples.

2019-03-11 13.08.57.jpg

IMG_4617.JPG

IMG_4631.JPG

IMG_4633.JPG

Next stop: Ha Long Bay! The first shot is the view from our balcony as the ship arrived. The second shot is during our boat tour, and the last is a shot of the Millie as we returned.

2019-03-12 10.24.05.jpg

2019-03-12 14.04.12.jpg

2019-03-12 15.16.39.jpg

Next stop: Hanoi! These are all from the Old Quarter, which we thought was absolutely fascinating--could have spent a whole day wandering around there. Hanoi and Hoi An were our two favorite ports of the cruise.

2019-03-13 10.34.16-1.jpg

2019-03-13 10.56.29-1.jpg

2019-03-13 10.57.27-1.jpg

2019-03-13 11.00.19-1.jpg

2019-03-13 11.08.00.jpg

2019-03-13 11.09.00-1.jpg

Last stop: Hong Kong! The first shot is our view of the skyline from our room at the Intercontinental during the Symphony of Lights light show. The second is the old railway clock tower near the Star Ferry Terminal on Kowloon. The last two are the Temple Street Night Market.

IMG_4813.JPG

IMG_4826.JPG

IMG_4831.JPG

2019-03-17 20.06.47.jpg

Duh, I knew I forgot one port: Ho Chi Minh City! Our main memory is motor scooters everywhere--even on the sidewalks!--all honking their horns.

2019-03-09 11.43.53.jpg

IMG_4577 (Edited).JPG

IMG_4612.JPG

What beautiful pictures.  Thanks for sharing them.  The photo in Bangkok at night on the river with the entertainer and the temple is an award winner!  

Thanks for posting. Another visit down memory lane - it’s obviously my day for reminiscing 😍.

Thanks for posting. We did this cruise near three years ago and had a fabulous time and met some wonderful people. However when we visited Hoi An it wasn't quite so picturesque - just torrential rain which continued all day unfortunately! Would do it again in a heartbeat.

6 hours ago, Ex-vogue model said:

Thanks for posting. We did this cruise near three years ago and had a fabulous time and met some wonderful people. However when we visited Hoi An it wasn't quite so picturesque - just torrential rain which continued all day unfortunately! Would do it again in a heartbeat.

And didn’t we have a wonderful time. We would also do this itinerary again 👍.

33 minutes ago, villauk said:

And didn’t we have a wonderful time. We would also do this itinerary again 👍.

Indeed we did!!  Can't believe it'll  be three years this December. I'd definitely do this again but in a month when I knew we'd have a bit more sunshine!! Seemed to rain quite a lot but didn't dampen a fabulous holiday!