Jump to content

Coral Princess Internet


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, bemis12 said:

 

You will need to call them to get the pre-boarding price.  Don't leave it to chance and hope.

Yes I will definitely call before we leave, thanks!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, bemis12 said:

 

You will need to call them to get the pre-boarding price.  Don't leave it to chance and hope.

This is so crazy. I checked again this morning to see if my personalizer has updated yet to let me purchase Medallionet, nope. So I called Princess. While on the phone with them it updated!! Weird, just weird! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Our experience on the Coral with Medallion Net was poor (even though the system was completely upgraded recently).  As mentioned above, they offered 50% off the day you board so it was $10 daily for a single device. Coverage was spotty at best. When we inquired at the passenger services’ desk, the clerk said,  “everyone is having problems.” She then directed us to the manager of the Internet Cafe who refunded our entire plan. He did say iPhones were having more problems than  Samsungs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have it for our cruise in 2 weeks, $59.99 per device for the 7 days.  I am hoping to use it for messaging.  We won't stream.  We will look at Facebook and take and share pictures.  

Bobbi

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bobbismith said:

We have it for our cruise in 2 weeks, $59.99 per device for the 7 days.  I am hoping to use it for messaging.  We won't stream.  We will look at Facebook and take and share pictures.  

Bobbi

Dont forget to update as to how it's working.  We are sailing July 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bemis12 said:

It’s still very slow. Almost to the point of unusable to surf & download.

 

 

 

That is definitely making me think about cancelling ours for next week!

Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on a couple of weeks ago and only had problems once in a while. I think it has more to do with where the ship is in relation to the satellites. There were times the hole ship had no internet for a short time. If we couldn't get on we just tried again later. The problem comes in when someone needs to be on at a specific time or on a lot. You can not rely on it to be working when you need it. We have experienced similar problems in the Caribbean too. Peek times are always a problem no matter what ship you are on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 5:16 PM, bemis12 said:

It’s still very slow. Almost to the point of unusable to surf & download.

 

 

 

On 6/7/2019 at 8:20 PM, ErLee said:

 

That is definitely making me think about cancelling ours for next week!

I cancelled for June 12 sailing. If it’s usable I might repurchase first day( it’ll be $10 more). If I’m online I’ll post the speeds.

Edited by Lov1ngLife
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lov1ngLife said:

 

I cancelled for June 12 sailing. If it’s usable I might repurchase first day( it’ll be $10 more). If I’m online I’ll post the speeds.

 

Or try it and if it’s unusable, go see the on board internet manager. 

On our last sailing on the Grand it was so bad I cancelled on the second day out. He refunded both packages (wife’s and nine) completely. 

It cost us nothing to give it a try. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

 

Or try it and if it’s unusable, go see the on board internet manager. 

On our last sailing on the Grand it was so bad I cancelled on the second day out. He refunded both packages (wife’s and nine) completely. 

It cost us nothing to give it a try. 

To late now. Pre-sale is longer available, it’s within 72 hrs. of sailing. I argued with myself for hours before cancelling, knowing I would regret whatever choice I decided. Cancelled 73 hours before departure, with the option to buy the first day. 

I didn’t think cancelling the second day was an option if it was slow but still running. 

I should have asked.

I live and learn. 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ep010835 said:

 

Or try it and if it’s unusable, go see the on board internet manager. 

On our last sailing on the Grand it was so bad I cancelled on the second day out. He refunded both packages (wife’s and nine) completely. 

It cost us nothing to give it a try. 

This is what I decided to do for our trip this week, may as well give it a try!

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ErLee said:

This is what I decided to do for our trip this week, may as well give it a try!

 

The internet manager on my cruise had clearly heard it all before. It was an easy sale for me. 

 

Definitely not his first rodeo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had MedallionNet on Coral May 8-15.  I had no problems at all with it using an iPad and iPhone.  It was down most of one day but no issues at all with speed.  We used FaceTime, email, Facebook but no downloading or streaming.  It didn’t work out on the balcony but was fine everywhere else.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Medallion Net was great on the Coral June 12 - 19. There was one morning when it didn't work but by the time we got back from our excursion it was back on. It was fast for regular surfing and uploading of photos to social media. I didn't try to stream anything. We had no phone service in any of the Alaska ports, so we were glad to have it available on board. It was well worth the $59.99 we paid for each of us to have unlimited service.

Link to post
Share on other sites

no cell phone, so I guess I will stick my elite minutes on 15 day Panama canal... lol...  

 

It use to be one went on vacation to get away from it all... now the technology goes along with you.    That is why I don't bother with a cell phone.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pris993 said:

no cell phone, so I guess I will stick my elite minutes on 15 day Panama canal... lol...  

 

It use to be one went on vacation to get away from it all... now the technology goes along with you.    That is why I don't bother with a cell phone.  

 

WALDT

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...