How are the Swans doing, 2019

Hi mates

I see that the Swans are  about to start another season, so I am here to solicit your thoughts on all things AFL :classic_biggrin: I feel a banner ear coming on for the Swans. Who are the early favorites?

Let's have some fun

ML

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Welcome back.

The Swans play tonight against the Western Bulldogs (Melbourne) in Melbourne. I am not sure who are favs but would think the Tigers would be a strong contender.

Great to be back, thanks. Always enjoy hanging with my Aussie mates. I think about our trip down under often, many good memories.

I will try and take more thrills from the Swans, given the pathetic state of my NY Giants American football team. They are at least 2 years from contending for anything but the first pick in the draft :classic_sad:

I will check the results tomorrow and see how all the teams did.

ML

9 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Hi mates

I see that the Swans are  about to start another season, so I am here to solicit your thoughts on all things AFL :classic_biggrin: I feel a banner ear coming on for the Swans. Who are the early favorites?

Let's have some fun

ML

Welcome back, but you don’t need to wait to footy season to join the chats

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

Welcome back, but you don’t need to wait to footy season to join the chats

Hi Mr Gut

Thanks. I do lurk on the chats but don't have nearly the info all of you have, so I only reply when I can add something useful. Last year, right as the season was starting, we went on a 5 week cruise/visit around the British Isles, ending with a week in London. I didn't post much during that time but tried to get back into things as the season progressed.

Sorry to hear about your Blues, I feel your pain.

I hope you are feeling better. Last I saw, you were cutting back a bit on cruises, but had schedules one to see how you would hold up. Was it successful and are you able cruise comfortably now? Hope Mrs Gut is well and your daughter continues to make you proud.

ML

No need to wait till you’ve got something sensible to contribute, no other bugger does.

mrs G doing well Miss G going gang busters started her own law firm.

have three cruises book currently so hoping all is OK, off to Tasmania on Majestic Princess in December, just cancelled Solstice up the qld coast in January, but replaced it with Radiance of the Seas to NZ a week earlier, and finally taking the whole family on Carnival Spirit Next Easter.

thanks for asking.

2 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Great to be back, thanks. Always enjoy hanging with my Aussie mates. I think about our trip down under often, many good memories.

I will try and take more thrills from the Swans, given the pathetic state of my NY Giants American football team. They are at least 2 years from contending for anything but the first pick in the draft :classic_sad:

I will check the results tomorrow and see how all the teams did.

ML

That is a shame about the NY Giants. Always disappointing when your team can only achieve mediocrity.

2 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Hi ML, we’re at the Melbourne v Port Power at the moment. It’s hot work for both teams - 30 at the moment. I’ll watch your Swans tonight. 

Leigh

Sorry but I have to go for the Power in that one.

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

No need to wait till you’ve got something sensible to contribute, no other bugger does.

mrs G doing well Miss G going gang busters started her own law firm.

have three cruises book currently so hoping all is OK, off to Tasmania on Majestic Princess in December, just cancelled Solstice up the qld coast in January, but replaced it with Radiance of the Seas to NZ a week earlier, and finally taking the whole family on Carnival Spirit Next Easter.

thanks for asking.

Well, yes. that's a good point!

OMG--Miss G has her own firm now!! You must be busting your buttons. Good on ya (and Mrs G).

Very happy to hear you are still cruising. the seas wouldn't be the same without you.

5 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Hi ML, we’re at the Melbourne v Port Power at the moment. It’s hot work for both teams - 30 at the moment. I’ll watch your Swans tonight. 

Leigh

Hi Leigh

Wish I could be there with you. Cheer the Swans on for me--I'll be asleep.  I guess I'm not a true fan :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

That is a shame about the NY Giants. Always disappointing when your team can only achieve mediocrity.

Ha. I would consider mediocrity a huge step up for them at this point. They just traded away our best receiver and won't even consider getting a new QB for the future. Woe is us :classic_wink:!

7 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Ha. I would consider mediocrity a huge step up for them at this point. They just traded away our best receiver and won't even consider getting a new QB for the future. Woe is us :classic_wink:!

That is not  a good move at all.  I hope they can work as a team if they cannot attract better players.

8 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

That is not  a good move at all.  I hope they can work as a team if they cannot attract better players.

Yes, not a good move but I know why they did it. The guy was an immature disruption, even though the rumor is the players liked him but coaches didn't. I think they will work better as team without him--but they will lose even more games! They have a truly excellent running back now, so he can carry them for a bit. But, they will run him into the ground, so I hope he makes it.

I confess I don't understand their plan for the future. That might be because they don't have one :classic_smile:

In some ways, I find it better to support the swans--they seem better organized!

22 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Well, yes. that's a good point!

OMG--Miss G has her own firm now!! You must be busting your buttons. Good on ya (and Mrs G).

Very happy to hear you are still cruising. the seas wouldn't be the same without you.

Yeah pretty proud of her, she is about to try Ovation of the Seas in a few months, so her cruise history is growing gradually too, so far she has a had P&O (Aust), and Cunard, so is looking forward to a middle of the road cruise.

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah pretty proud of her, she is about to try Ovation of the Seas in a few months, so her cruise history is growing gradually too, so far she has a had P&O (Aust), and Cunard, so is looking forward to a middle of the road cruise.

Good for her--sample them all, then pick her fav. Or not--maybe they all have their place. We are trying Oceania for the first time in November. I think it will be great, but a tad pricey.

6 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Yes, not a good move but I know why they did it. The guy was an immature disruption, even though the rumor is the players liked him but coaches didn't. I think they will work better as team without him--but they will lose even more games! They have a truly excellent running back now, so he can carry them for a bit. But, they will run him into the ground, so I hope he makes it.

I confess I don't understand their plan for the future. That might be because they don't have one :classic_smile:

In some ways, I find it better to support the swans--they seem better organized!

Perhaps, time will tell (5 months) how well they are organised.

5 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I am sure she will be better suited to the Ovation demographic.

3 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Good for her--sample them all, then pick her fav. Or not--maybe they all have their place. We are trying Oceania for the first time in November. I think it will be great, but a tad pricey.

Is Oceania all inclusive?

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Perhaps, time will tell (5 months) how well they are organised.

True. It is early, so our hopes are high!!

Finished my last glass of wine, so I am off to bed.

Chat with you all again tomorrow. Although, I just saw there are new posts. Bed after I check them.

1 minute ago, NoWhiners said:

True. It is early, so our hopes are high!!

Finished my last glass of wine, so I am off to bed.

Chat with you all again tomorrow. Although, I just saw there are new posts. Bed after I check them.

Good night. Dream of the Red and the White.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Is Oceania all inclusive?

Well, it depends on your definition. They include all the usual, plus all the specialty restaurants. Depending on the cabin category you pick, you get a certain number of nights in each restaurant, and you can book more once onboard, if there is room. You get free internet, and almost every agent offers Free grats, a Visa cash card and some other perks. Oceania offers a choice of 1 perk of free bev package, OBC, or excursions. But there are strings to all of them. Excursions are limited to a set number and they are per cabin, not per person. They do include first class airfare for most cruises, but it depends on where you fly from. And you have to pay extar to get the "free stuff".

So, I don't know the right answer :classic_unsure:

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Sorry but I have to go for the Power in that one.

Seems that port has done the job, sorry about that Leigh.