Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
NoWhiners

How are the Swans doing, 2019

Recommended Posts

Such a picturesque ground on a nice day with the bay in the background.

 

Leigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Docker123 said:

I went to the local football today, Williamstown giving Frankston a bit of a hiding. A couple of pics.

Note Port Phillip Bay in the background.

Good to see real Seagulls flying high, did you call into the Stags Head on the way home?

990851493_Packmark.thumb.jpg.e76f33d57a548d94af1d6748ff2269f1.jpg

 

Tackle.thumb.jpg.96ba322a97854fc789d7351aa00fc65f.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, possum52 said:

Such a picturesque ground on a nice day with the bay in the background.

 

Leigh

 

It is lovely on a sunny day. Also just a really gentle breeze made it even more pleasant.

 

I must admit, a far cry from some Saturday morning Auskick sessions when my boy was little. Enormous southerly winds howling off the bay. One day we had to look after kids verging on hypothermia (true).

 

As to the Stags Head, I rarely drink so have not been there for a long time. It stills seems to be humming along. Nice pub.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

 

It is lovely on a sunny day. Also just a really gentle breeze made it even more pleasant.

 

I must admit, a far cry from some Saturday morning Auskick sessions when my boy was little. Enormous southerly winds howling off the bay. One day we had to look after kids verging on hypothermia (true).

 

It reminds me of the Frankston ground a little with the westerly straight off the bay. Many years ago we attended a country inter league game there  between our local league and one from the area of the western district where I grew up. It was absolutely freezing, top of 8 degrees. It was raining and the wind was driving it in on an angle. After halftime all the players came out with their track tops under their jumpers.  We sat in the grandstand with rugs wrapped around us but the children thought it was fun! It wasn’t!

 

Leigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

C45FEE8A-DE3F-4351-A511-DAEA951EB8CF.thumb.jpeg.f036c2a9d9d080d0e275fa5250d39d22.jpeg

 

DAA503B3-2EFB-42A3-8A45-89B75F63C7B4.thumb.jpeg.5cd5744e268f2774eabd4b3b609a30d2.jpeg

 

Took a couple of snaps on the phone of the Stags Head while on my morning walk. 

 

Too early for it to be open. 

Edited by Docker123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2019 at 2:37 PM, possum52 said:

Sorry, we've been away for a few days and have just returned today.

 

May the best team win on Saturday! 

 

Go BOMBERS!

 

Leigh

So are the blues playing??? (well you said the best team).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha! No Mr GUT, Blues play Demons this afternoon at the G. Could go either way. It will be on our TV as husband is a Dees supporter so I guess I’ll be watching at least some of it. 

 

Leigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

So are the blues playing??? (well you said the best team).

 

 

At least Carlton has the same number of goals in the first quarter as Fremantle had for the whole game last night.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

 

At least Carlton has the same number of goals in the first quarter as Fremantle had for the whole game last night.

 

Dees have a 5 point lead with around 2 mins to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carlton certainly seemed to give it a real big shake in the last. Even hit the front by 1 point with minutes to go.

 

Melbourne just got home.

 

North giving St Kilda a real touch up in Tassie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dees were probably lucky to win but from just before 3/4 time they only had one on the bench due to injury including their key forward who up until then had kicked 6 goals and taken a stack of marks. They ran out of legs in the last quarter and Carlton had all the run. 

 

Leigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh nooooo....the Swans lost :classic_sad:

 

I guess this means I owe Possum52 a drink ( a shout?? My Australian is rusty!).

 

From the score it looks like it was a close game. Blues--Dees even closer. I hope the season ends soon, I can't take much more disappointment.:classic_wink:

 

Go Swans!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Oh nooooo....the Swans lost :classic_sad:

 

I guess this means I owe Possum52 a drink ( a shout?? My Australian is rusty!).

 

From the score it looks like it was a close game. Blues--Dees even closer. I hope the season ends soon, I can't take much more disappointment.:classic_wink:

 

Go Swans!

 

Yeah, a shout is where your buying.

The Swans can still make it but it is now relying on other results. They are 2 wins out of the final 8 with 7 rounds to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Oh nooooo....the Swans lost :classic_sad:

 

I guess this means I owe Possum52 a drink ( a shout?? My Australian is rusty!).

 

From the score it looks like it was a close game. Blues--Dees even closer. I hope the season ends soon, I can't take much more disappointment.:classic_wink:

 

Go Swans!

 

I’ll have a glass of Sauvignon Blanc please! It was a very frustrating game to watch but in the end Bombers held on to win. 

 

Go Bombers!

 

Leigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I’ll have a glass of Sauvignon Blanc please! It was a very frustrating game to watch but in the end Bombers held on to win. 

 

Go Bombers!

 

Leigh

I thought you may go for a more lavish drink, like the - Stealth Bomber - http://www.cocktailsandbars.com/jack-sottis-stealth-bomber-cocktail/

or the - Bourbon Bomber Cocktail is the perfect drink to toast the fall season.  This cocktail is loaded with all the flavours you associate with fall; apple, nutmeg, allspice and ginger.  Stir it together with some bourbon and top it of with fresh sprigs of Rosemary and you have one delicious, soon to become your favourite, fall cocktail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I thought you may go for a more lavish drink, like the - Stealth Bomber - http://www.cocktailsandbars.com/jack-sottis-stealth-bomber-cocktail/

or the - Bourbon Bomber Cocktail is the perfect drink to toast the fall season.  This cocktail is loaded with all the flavours you associate with fall; apple, nutmeg, allspice and ginger.  Stir it together with some bourbon and top it of with fresh sprigs of Rosemary and you have one delicious, soon to become your favourite, fall cocktail.

I’m not really into cocktails Mic, but will have to try it. A good Sav Blanc (Smith and  Shaw perhaps) and the occasional beer are more my style. 

 

Leigh

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, possum52 said:

I’ll have a glass of Sauvignon Blanc please! It was a very frustrating game to watch but in the end Bombers held on to win. 

 

Go Bombers!

 

Leigh

 

Next time I'm in town, you're on :classic_wink:

 

Go Swans!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, possum52 said:

 

I’m not really into cocktails Mic, but will have to try it. A good Sav Blanc (Smith and  Shaw perhaps) and the occasional beer are more my style. 

 

Leigh

 

 

I may have to try them myself and I am not even a fan of the bombers.😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swans play the Carlton tomorrow at 1.45pm in Sydney,  and I am hoping the Swans can still get another couple of wins in. If they cannot beat the blues then their season is definitely over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just cannot understand that game.  They should have kept it in Mexico and S.A.. 😋 Not bring it east.

 

Where is that bloke who wore the short shorts, Warwick Capper? 

 

I would rather watch the World Cup Netball.😆

 

Standby for incoming.

Edited by NSWP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NSWP said:

I just cannot understand that game.  They should have kept it in Mexico and S.A.. 😋 Not bring it east.

 

I would rather watch the World Cup Netball.😆

 

Standby for incoming.

Yeah I’m a League Man, and my Bunnies are winning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...