How are the Swans doing, 2019

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I have been through Arizona but well to the south. I would love to get to the Balloon festival.

Mic if you ever come to the Balloon Fiasco, uhh, I mean Fiesta, we have a spare room you are welcome to. No kidding.

It is held right behind where my husband used to work. Alas, they are closing that facility by the end of the year, so no more free parking. But there are other ways... It is a spectacular sight.

19 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Mic if you ever come to the Balloon Fiasco, uhh, I mean Fiesta, we have a spare room you are welcome to. No kidding.

It is held right behind where my husband used to work. Alas, they are closing that facility by the end of the year, so no more free parking. But there are other ways... It is a spectacular sight.

Cheers, thanks for the offer. we have a balloon festival here in Canberra but really only get around 30-40 balloons.

28 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Yep, thems the ones!!

We have a major advantage over some places. because of the altitude, our temps drop 30 degrees at night, so we get some relief. Unlike Phoenix and Las Vegas.

We did a coach tour and had stops at Yuma, Sanoran Desert National Park and Tuscon plus a few other places on the way through.

11 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Cheers, thanks for the offer. we have a balloon festival here in Canberra but really only get around 30-40 balloons.

40-50. We have 500 :classic_biggrin:

Rising against the sunrise. On the field (yes, you can actually walk out on the field, up close and personal) it is a truly colorful and majestic sight. Plus, they also have special shapes "rodeos" and nighttime balloon glows. And the ever popular splash--where the balloons descend down to the river (the Rio Grande) and try to touch their baskets into the water and then rise up again. Very cool.

Edited by NoWhiners
add info

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We did a coach tour and had stops at Yuma, Sanoran Desert National Park and Tuscon plus a few other places on the way through.

Wow, I hope that wasn't during the summer. Those are some HOT places (and by hot I don't mean fun :classic_wink:)

Did you see where they store the old planes outside Yuma? Quite a concept.

36 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

40-50. We have 500 :classic_biggrin:

Rising against the sunrise. On the field (yes, you can actually walk out on the field, up close and personal) it is a truly colorful and majestic sight. Plus, they also have special shapes "rodeos" and nighttime balloon glows. And the ever popular splash--where the balloons descend down to the river (the Rio Grande) and try to touch their baskets into the water and then rise up again. Very cool.

I have seen some shows which is why I want to  get there one day. That would be cool to do.

34 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Wow, I hope that wasn't during the summer. Those are some HOT places (and by hot I don't mean fun :classic_wink:)

Did you see where they store the old planes outside Yuma? Quite a concept.

Yes, it was your fall, September. Saw the jail and the planes at Yuma.

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I have seen some shows which is why I want to  get there one day. That would be cool to do.

Do your best, and you have a place to stay when you hit Albuquerque. I hope you like dogs--we always have at least 1!

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, it was your fall, September. Saw the jail and the planes at Yuma.

Well, that is still pretty warm but not like July or August. The jail is is pretty cool too, I forgot about that. A real piece of the wild west!

2 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Do your best, and you have a place to stay when you hit Albuquerque. I hope you like dogs--we always have at least 1!

Well, that is still pretty warm but not like July or August. The jail is is pretty cool too, I forgot about that. A real piece of the wild west!

Re-watch the movie  -4.10 to Yuma either version is good.

Hi mates!

Waiting to see how the Swans manage to lose another game, so I thought I would post roof update :classic_wink: I am happy to report that the roof is done! We delayed our annual trip to the lake by a day because they were supposed to finish Monday. But they didn't. In fact, they didn't finish until Wednesday. Glad we decided not to wait until they finished. As a bonus, they also were able to repair our parapets (the tops of our walls that extend up past the roof) just in time for the big rains that hit the past 2 nights!! It took them awhile but they finished before the rain, so a happy ending. A minor miracle!

Maybe the Swans will win, another minor miracle???

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Hi mates!

Waiting to see how the Swans manage to lose another game, so I thought I would post roof update :classic_wink: I am happy to report that the roof is done! We delayed our annual trip to the lake by a day because they were supposed to finish Monday. But they didn't. In fact, they didn't finish until Wednesday. Glad we decided not to wait until they finished. As a bonus, they also were able to repair our parapets (the tops of our walls that extend up past the roof) just in time for the big rains that hit the past 2 nights!! It took them awhile but they finished before the rain, so a happy ending. A minor miracle!

Sounds like a great result re the roof

4 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Hi mates!

Great news about getting the roof finished.

The Swans winning may well be a miracle but then stranger things have happened.

3 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

They sent me pix--looks good in them. We'll have to go up and check it out when we get home. I'm just glad they're done.

You can always share the pics, I am interested to see how things may have changed.