How are the Swans doing, 2019

42 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I didn’t see the whole game but what I did see, the Swans are in trouble.

I didn't either, only the first quarter and they were doing very well at that stage.

Leigh

17 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

You can always share the pics, I am interested to see how things may have changed.

OK, I attached 1 pix (don't want to bore everyone!). It shows a section of the new roof and some of the wrapped parapets. If you look at the brown house next door, that's mostly what our old roof looked like (but they recently had the edges of theirs repaired, the silvery stuff). The old roof was tar and gravel; the new one is modified bitumin. Modified bitumin is supposed to be lighter and cooler. We'll see! I added 1 more, just to get a closer look at the parapet wrap.

Now back to the Swans. So disappointed they lost again. Seems their season is ending early. I had such high hopes for them after last season. :classic_sad:

123951.jpg

123951_01.jpg

• Like 1

It is a very cute photo and what a wonderful dad to dress up for his daughter. 

My granddaughter was one of the young Melbourne members who lined up for in a guard of honour for their team on Saturday evening. She had a wonderful time and now wants to do it every week even though when her parents told her about it she was adamant she didn't want to wave a flag before the game, she wanted to play in one of the grid games at halftime. I spoke to her on Friday and said she would be on TV and her friends would see her, that changed her mind!

Leigh

33 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Yes it was, particularly as one of the players high fived her as he walked/ran past her. A wonderful memory for a six year old.

It is likely to stick in her memory for a long time, especially if you keep reminding her.

On 7/31/2019 at 3:45 PM, MicCanberra said:

Excellent and you are making her a Demons supporter instead of the Bombers automatically.

She didn't have a choice. She was a Demons' member before she was born. Her membership said she was Baby P........ thanks to her dad and grandfather.

Leigh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I take it that it was the Port vs Bombers game. A good win for Port at docklands, gives them a chance for the finals but not great for the bombers.

Yes Mic. Port played well, no doubt about it. I think all those close wins coming from behind games have finally taken their toll on the Bombers and the injuries to top players are certainly a big factor and not to forget the illness a few players have had during the past week. But they didn't play anywhere near their best, too many mistakes which of course Port's pressure contributed to.

Not an easy run to the finals for the Bombers with games against Bulldogs next week, then Freo and Pies in the last round. 

Leigh