How are the Swans doing, 2019

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Swans vs Port on Saturday 2.10pm (AEST) in Adelaide. Another tough one.

I'll be barracking for the Swans!  GWS and Hawks in Canberra tomorrow night will be a cold one ! 

Leigh

Giants 4.1 (25) down by 13 points to the Hawks 6.2 (38) at half time here in Canberra, looks freezing and it is. At 9pm, it is 1 Celcius but feels like -5 (33, Fahrenheit feels like 23) and with 93% humidity, there is rain, sleet and snow at times to add to it.

But then a game invented in Melbourne I’d have expected to haVe been impacted by all types of weather conditions, maybe even the one game stopped for excess heat, torrential rain, snow and hail.

10 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Giants 4.1 (25) down by 13 points to the Hawks 6.2 (38) at half time here in Canberra, looks freezing and it is. At 9pm, it is 1 Celcius but feels like -5 (33, Fahrenheit feels like 23) and with 93% humidity, there is rain, sleet and snow at times to add to it.

Sounds like you could have replaced scomo at the tourism advertising board.

Back from vacay, checked Swans score, saw another loss. Looks like it was a real beating. I guess we can put a fork in the Swan's for this season.

I did enjoy reading about the weather during some of the matches. Is it unusual to get snow during the games? At least in Canberra (I think that's where it snowed, rained, sleeted. Everything but locusts 😉 ).

7 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Back from vacay, checked Swans score, saw another loss. Looks like it was a real beating. I guess we can put a fork in the Swan's for this season.

I did enjoy reading about the weather during some of the matches. Is it unusual to get snow during the games? At least in Canberra (I think that's where it snowed, rained, sleeted. Everything but locusts 😉 ).

Canberra is probably the only AFL venue where it could possibly snow and that doesn't happen often. As the Giants only play a few games there each season, three this year, it is not likely it will snow during a game.  Friday evening was the first time, it has snowed during an AFL game.  

Most of the south east of Australia had an icy blast from Thursday to Sunday with wind, rain and thunder storms as well as icy conditions. 

Hope your holiday was relaxing.

Leigh

Swans play Melbourne tonight at the MCG at 7.50pm. Could go either way but it looks as if Demons are the favourites. My Demons supporting husband, son and granddaughter are on their way to the game at the moment so I guess I'm barracking for the Dees.

Leigh

A big day coming up for Swans last game for 2019. With retirements of Jared McVeigh, Kieran Jack and Nick Smith announced in the last few weeks along with Heath Grundy (a total of 1044 games between them) it will be an emotional game for everyone. No word on whether Buddy will play his 300th. Swans are very keen to have the 300th in Sydney and whilst a lot of people say no wait until next year the issue is Round 1 is extremely unlikely to be at the SCG due to the cricket playing on 15 March making the transition from a cricket ground to AFL very tight so who knows. And then there is the potential of Dan Hannebery's first appearance at the SCG wearing his new St Kilda colours just to add to the mix.