How are the Swans doing, 2019

4 hours ago, Cruisegroover said:

A big day coming up for Swans last game for 2019. With retirements of Jared McVeigh, Kieran Jack and Nick Smith announced in the last few weeks along with Heath Grundy (a total of 1044 games between them) it will be an emotional game for everyone. No word on whether Buddy will play his 300th. Swans are very keen to have the 300th in Sydney and whilst a lot of people say no wait until next year the issue is Round 1 is extremely unlikely to be at the SCG due to the cricket playing on 15 March making the transition from a cricket ground to AFL very tight so who knows. And then there is the potential of Dan Hannebery's first appearance at the SCG wearing his new St Kilda colours just to add to the mix.

A big afternoon for the Swans next Saturday afternoon with four great players retiring. I wonder if the Swans will be keen for Buddy to play his 300th this game, although last week's injury list had him as only being a week away. It should be a fantastic game though with all the emotion of the retiring players. Buddy's good mate Roughy had a fantastic game for the Hawks in his potentially final game and the supporters loved it.

Leigh

On 8/16/2019 at 6:22 AM, possum52 said:

F/T Swans 15.5.95 d Demons 5.12.42

Great win by Swans. 

Finally had a chance to check this and I can't believe the Swans won. Seems pretty convincing too.

I wonder if the emotion of the last game will carry them through?

I would love to see them win the last 2 and end on a positive note. Who know what next season will bring!

Go Swans!

On 8/13/2019 at 1:19 PM, NoWhiners said:

Back from vacay, checked Swans score, saw another loss. Looks like it was a real beating. I guess we can put a fork in the Swan's for this season.

I did enjoy reading about the weather during some of the matches. Is it unusual to get snow during the games? At least in Canberra (I think that's where it snowed, rained, sleeted. Everything but locusts 😉 ).

Also just back from a Papua New Guinea cruise. great stuff it was. 30 degrees instead of that snow blast (which was the first AFL match where it snowed) but not the first football match by any mean or code. It was wonderful snorkelling in the warm waters around the islands..

32 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Also just back from a Papua New Guinea cruise. great stuff it was. 30 degrees instead of that snow blast (which was the first AFL match where it snowed) but not the first football match by any mean or code. It was wonderful snorkelling in the warm waters around the islands..

25 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Just put the Tv on and it is Swans by 16 points, 11.4 (70) to St Kilda 7.12 (54) at 3/4 time.

We're watching the Kangas v Dees game and the Swans v Saints score is on the bottom of the TV screen so I'm keeping an eye on what is happening. We watched the start of the Sydney game, seeing the two of the retiring players and Buddy run out with their teammates. 

Glad you had an enjoyable cruise. I envy you the warmth you experienced on your PNG cruise Mic, although it actually reached 18-19 here in bayside Melbourne today with bright blue skies but the clouds have arrived, so the rain is on its way.

Leigh

14 minutes ago, possum52 said:

We're watching the Kangas v Dees game and the Swans v Saints score is on the bottom of the TV screen so I'm keeping an eye on what is happening. We watched the start of the Sydney game, seeing the two of the retiring players and Buddy run out with their teammates. 

Glad you had an enjoyable cruise. I envy you the warmth you experienced on your PNG cruise Mic, although it actually reached 18-19 here in bayside Melbourne today with bright blue skies but the clouds have arrived, so the rain is on its way.

Leigh

Incredibly beautiful and deliciously warm is all I can say. Arrived home to a nice sunny day, 2 loads of washing dry already.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Incredibly beautiful and deliciously warm is all I can say. Arrived home to a nice sunny day, 2 loads of washing dry already.

Very windy here, so washing was dry very quickly. 

I was at the SCG yesterday. A great day to end the seaon on a warm and sunny Sydney arvo. Icing on the cake to both Jack and McVeigh to kick a goal each in the last quarter - standing ovation from the crowd on both times. Budstar bagged 4 goals and a lap of honour for Jack, Smith, Grundy and McVeigh and lots of great scenes as they were chaired off. And there was no way Hannebery was going to miss out on the celebrations chairing off McVeigh.

So that's it for the Swans in 2019 which found some promising new young players. As I write this the final 8 is now settled with Geelong taking out the minor premiership after Richmond defeated Brisbane. A week off and then its off and running to see who gets to the big dance on 28 September.

NoWhiners there are some great videos on the Swans home page is you want to check them out.

I will be watching the GF from the pool on Majestic Princess - something different than the usual BBQ at home.

On 8/24/2019 at 12:29 AM, Docker123 said:

I found this swan celebrating the win. Very windy here, but it seemed pleased.

539188053_Swanswin.thumb.jpg.c03602a3552226e3896c6e0fd244e32f.jpg

I love this pix of the Swan celebrating the last win of the year. I hope next year goes better.

On 8/25/2019 at 2:12 AM, Cruisegroover said:

So that's it for the Swans in 2019 which found some promising new young players. As I write this the final 8 is now settled with Geelong taking out the minor premiership after Richmond defeated Brisbane. A week off and then its off and running to see who gets to the big dance on 28 September.

NoWhiners there are some great videos on the Swans home page is you want to check them out.

Good to know there are some new young players, my Swans need the help.

Thanks for the tip about the videos' I'll check them out.

Sometimes, the playoffs/GF are televised here.I'll need to keep an eye out.

Have been so busy with home repairs, vacation, family visits and golf lately to keep up with this thread, sorry for that. Looking for ward to next season for the Swans. And, just in time, American football starts next Thursday. The 7 month-long drought is over. Yay 😁

The scores in the game were close until half time, but GWS the demon acted the scoreboard as well as the play.

I am, of course, supporting the West Coast Eagles. Easily removed Possum’s Essendon on Thursday night. NExt game against Geelong on Friday.

1 hour ago, NoWhiners said:

They showed the GWS-Western Bulldogs game in the wee hours here-- 3 am. I am often awake at that time but not last night.  Looks like it was a bit lopsided.

Who's everyone barracking for to make the finals??

I'm on the Brisbane Lions' bandwagon now seeing as Docker's Eagles bundled my Bombers out. My Mum barracks for the Lions as do my younger grandson and son in law and all his family. There were some great performances over the weekend and I'm looking forward to next week being a neutral supporter. May head to the MCG on Friday evening to watch the Cats and Eagles.

Leigh

BTW,

(4) Collingwood beat (1) Geelong.

(3) Tigers beat (2) Brisbane.

(6) Western Sydney Giants beat the (7) Bulldogs.

(5) West Coast eagles beat (8) Essendon.

Collingwood and tigers get a weeks off as they progress straight into the semi finals.

Essendon and Bulldogs are finished for the season.

Giants play Brisbane and West Coast play Geelong next week to see who gets into the semi finals against the Tigers and Collingwood.