How are the Swans doing, 2019

5 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

I wonder if we'll get any of the games next weekend. I think one came on at 12:30 am once but usually at 3 am. Damn the time difference between us 😊

The Eagles/Geelong game Friday is 7.50pm here. Around 3.50am your time Friday.

Brisbane/GWS Saturday at 7.25pm Melbourne time, 3.25am yours.

On 8/25/2019 at 6:12 PM, Cruisegroover said:

I was at the SCG yesterday. A great day to end the seaon on a warm and sunny Sydney arvo. Icing on the cake to both Jack and McVeigh to kick a goal each in the last quarter - standing ovation from the crowd on both times. Budstar bagged 4 goals and a lap of honour for Jack, Smith, Grundy and McVeigh and lots of great scenes as they were chaired off. And there was no way Hannebery was going to miss out on the celebrations chairing off McVeigh.

Yep it was nice to finish up a disappointing season with a couple of solid wins. Some promising youngsters will only get better with more games under the belt.

I hope Brisbane can win it, but it feels like it's a year or two too soon for them. Great improvement but I reckon Richmond will take it out - they are looking very dangerous and should be warm favourites from here.

3 minutes ago, losfp said:

Yep it was nice to finish up a disappointing season with a couple of solid wins. Some promising youngsters will only get better with more games under the belt.

I hope Brisbane can win it, but it feels like it's a year or two too soon for them. Great improvement but I reckon Richmond will take it out - they are looking very dangerous and should be warm favourites from here.

Agree re Richmond but I must say I was impressed with the Giants' game Saturday. I'm sure the AFL are licking their lips that there may be a Tigers v Magpies GF though. It would be a bumper crowd, but probably mean I'm not lining up at some ridiculous hour to gain admission to the MCC Reserve for a seat. 

Go Lions! But as you say probably a year or two early.

Leigh

On 9/8/2019 at 3:18 AM, Docker123 said:

Thanks for the heads up--I'll see what I can find.

Would love to see at least some of the playoffs.

43 minutes ago, possum52 said:

It was a fantastic game, really enjoyed it. 

Leigh

It was very exciting, with the lead changing back and forth. Either side could feel have felt lucky or unlucky, as the decisions came to them or went against them. In the end, the Giants just had that little bit more.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

It was very exciting, with the lead changing back and forth. Either side could feel have felt lucky or unlucky, as the decisions came to them or went against them. In the end, the Giants just had that little bit more.

I think the game was over umpired at times Mic, but yes decisions went both ways, although perhaps Giants were a little fortunate to get last goal as handball before Daniels took off was a definite throw. But hey, the the luck of the game went Giants way.

I think Giants can definitely beat Pies next Saturday.

Leigh

On 9/8/2019 at 3:18 AM, Docker123 said:

3 hours ago, possum52 said:

It was a fantastic game, really enjoyed it. 

Leigh

Good news--yes, the game was on. At 3 am😲

Bad news--I slept thru it 😁

I always miss the exciting games. woe is me....

13 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Good news--yes, the game was on. At 3 am😲

Bad news--I slept thru it 😁

I always miss the exciting games. woe is me....

ML, you really missed a ripper game! Next week's Preliminary Finals - Richmond v Geelong Friday 20th at 7.50 pm local time (3.50 am your time) and Collingwood v GWS Saturday 21st at  4.35 pm local time (12.35 am your time). Both games are at the MCG.