Carrying on 12 packs of soda

aggieamy55

8 minutes ago, schazzy said:

The Havana bar is inside, the Havana pool and deck is outside, the outside part has restricted access during certain hours, the inside Havana bar is open to everyone all the time. 

The cuban sodas I believe are only at the Havana bar, at least thats the only bar menu I've seen them on.

Gotcha! Thank you. I was thinking the bar was outside. I thought I saw photos of it outside after the Vista starting sailing, but I guess that was something else.

Edited by Organized Chaos
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Gotcha! Thank you. I was thinking the bar was outside. I thought I saw photos of it outside after the Vista starting sailing, but I guess that was something else.

There may be a bar out there kinda like the ones several Serenity decks have, but I haven't been on a Vista-class, so I don't know for sure. I'm just going by the Havana info I've read, at one time we considered booking the Horizon and did a bunch of research. I'm really looking forward to visiting the Havana bar on the Sunshine, they have little snacks that the other ships Havana bars don't. 

I know we've gone off topic here, so I just wonder if your ship doesn't have a Havana bar, could you bring your own Cuban soda? :classic_biggrin:

Edited by schazzy

3 minutes ago, schazzy said:

There may be a bar out there kinda like the ones several Serenity decks have, but I haven't been on a Vista-class, so I don't know for sure. I'm just going by the Havana info I've read, at one time we considered booking the Horizon and did a bunch of research. I'm really looking forward to visiting the Havana bar on the Sunshine, they have little snacks that the other ships Havana bars don't. 

I know we've gone off topic here, so I just wonder if your ship doesn't have a Havana bar, could you bring your own Cuban soda? :classic_biggrin:

I know the Mods like threads to stay on topic, but I think it's natural for conversation to veer off now & again. It can always be brought back on topic. I didn't have a say in booking the Horizon. My wife has been wanting a cruise with her family for a few years now and this is what they chose in order to meet certain criteria of others. I won't go into detail in case she reads this. 😝 I'll just say, yes, I've been curious what it'd be like on a Vista class, but am in no way thrilled about the amount of people.

One thing I do know...I'll be carrying on a 12-pack of soda.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Is the Havana Bar in both areas, or just outside? And are these sodas only available there or any bar on the ship?

It's a two sided bar, with both inside and outside access. These sodas are only available at the Havana Bar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

I know the Mods like threads to stay on topic, but I think it's natural for conversation to veer off now & again. It can always be brought back on topic. I didn't have a say in booking the Horizon. My wife has been wanting a cruise with her family for a few years now and this is what they chose in order to meet certain criteria of others. I won't go into detail in case she reads this. 😝 I'll just say, yes, I've been curious what it'd be like on a Vista class, but am in no way thrilled about the amount of people.

One thing I do know...I'll be carrying on a 12-pack of soda.

Yeah, I understand that, between the drive to the port and the number of people and the mixed reviews of the Vista class, we decided against it. And I can kinda commiserate with you, had a similar situation last year, the Miracle wasn't exactly my first choice, but since my in-laws wanted to cruise from Tampa because they have family there, we were kinda stuck. We still had a good cruise, but it wasn't great. I really missed Blue Iguana that I fell in love with the year before, and the ship was in need of some TLC. 

5 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

It's a two sided bar, with both inside and outside access. These sodas are only available at the Havana Bar.

And there we go, I knew someone would know for sure. 🙂

14 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

The bar is actually opened to both sides (inside and out).

On 3/23/2019 at 3:14 PM, SRQbeachgirl said:

It does not have to be in a carry-on bag, you can just carry the 12 pack box. However, some people have reported that the terminal screeners have torn open the boxes to ensure it really is just sodas inside, so having a plastic grocery bag or something to put the cans in if needed might be a good idea. We haven't had that happen to us...yet.

FYI - We have had our soda boxes opened and inspected at the Long Beach Terminal.  Luckily we did them in our carry-on suitcase so we did not have to worry about the lose cans until our room was ready.

7 hours ago, MT_Sea_Cruisers said:

FYI - We have had our soda boxes opened and inspected at the Long Beach Terminal.  Luckily we did them in our carry-on suitcase so we did not have to worry about the lose cans until our room was ready.

SRQbeachgirl's comment is a little misleading. If you bring soda, they do have to be with your carry-on luggage, just not necessarily IN your carry-on bag. She meant you can just carry the soda carton.

On 3/23/2019 at 5:08 PM, aggieamy55 said:

Hi. I've searched some on these boards, but can't find an answer to this within the past couple of years. When carrying on a 12 pack case of soda, does the soda HAVE to be in your carry on bag or can we simply just carry in on the ship with us in it's card board box? The reason I ask is we have FTTF and our stateroom should be ready right away. I didn't want to waste a bunch of space in our actual carry-ons for it. Thank you!

I just cruised on the Breeze, and everyone was just carrying their 12 packs on. I will be bringing a 12 pack of Diet Coke on along with 4 bottles of wine (B2B Cruise=2 bottles of wine each) but I will be carrying all on in a large beach tote. Or I should say, my hubby will be doing the carrying. I am concerned about the weight of the bag, though, for him to carry. 😬

Has anyone brought an additional 12 pack of pop at the San Juan port?  This will be our third port stop and day 5. We will most likely need more by this day.  I heard that there is a CVS nearby and would love to restock if we can. TIA!

22 hours ago, schazzy said:

Yeah, I understand that, between the drive to the port and the number of people and the mixed reviews of the Vista class, we decided against it. And I can kinda commiserate with you, had a similar situation last year, the Miracle wasn't exactly my first choice, but since my in-laws wanted to cruise from Tampa because they have family there, we were kinda stuck. We still had a good cruise, but it wasn't great. I really missed Blue Iguana that I fell in love with the year before, and the ship was in need of some TLC. 

I can put up with a lot, but I would be sad without Blue Iguana. For some people, cruising is about trying new things. For me, having tacos that I know I'm going to love, is something I look forward to

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Acheavacci said:

Has anyone brought an additional 12 pack of pop at the San Juan port?  This will be our third port stop and day 5. We will most likely need more by this day.  I heard that there is a CVS nearby and would love to restock if we can. TIA!

Unless Carnival has changed their policy, it should be no problem.  But I have not carried on a 12 pack for about 8 years.  You are correct about the CVS.

3 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

SRQbeachgirl's comment is a little misleading. If you bring soda, they do have to be with your carry-on luggage, just not necessarily IN your carry-on bag. She meant you can just carry the soda carton.

Yes, That's what I meant. 🙂

4 hours ago, Acheavacci said:

Here is the answer from Carnival’s website:

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board  on embarkation day

and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage

Edited by soonernstlouis