Arrival time at Galveston Port

Joannawog

You can arrive at the port as early as you'd like. How soon you'll get into the terminal will depend on the line filled with those who showed up on time (who will get in first) and how many others showed up early (or late) who will have to wait.

• Like 1

On our October cruise, we got there at 10:45 and hung out for a while outside taking photos along the water until about 11:30. We had a 12:30 check-in, but they let us right in with no problems whatsoever. This was at Long Beach, though.

• Like 1

I cruised out of  Galveston just last week. I had a 12:30 arrival time, but I had FTTF.  I arrived at about 11:30. There was a huge line but I got to bypass that with FTTF.  After we got upstairs the loading zones were full of people waiting. There were no more seats in the FTTF holding area so we had to stand. Then at 12:30 they started letting people on. It worked out okay because we boarded first out of the FTTF because we were standing, we were the first ones to walk out of the holding area.  What I learned from this. If I do not have FTTF I will wait to get to the port.  Sitting around in that crowded waiting area would be miserable.l I'd rather be out walking around the strand or something.  So... get there early if you don't mind sitting around. 

• Like 1

We checked in on Vista 2 weeks ago today. We did not have FTTF. Our checkin time was 12:00 to 12:30. We arrived at 11:40. There was no line. We walked right in, checked in and walked all the way onto the ship. No waiting in a loading zone. We were on board before 12:00.

• Like 1

I was on the Valor and it was packed for spring break they didn't start boarding until 12:30   Maybe it depends on when you go?   I'm going on the Dream in October and have FTTF.  I'm not sure when we will show up then. 

• Like 1

My advice- sleep in the morning of, have a nice breakfast, take your time getting to the port around 12:00.  Otherwise, you may be forced to wait, possibly outside in the sun.  With nowhere to sit.  It's been three years now, but when we sailed from Galveston in 2016 they specifically checked our arrival time on our boarding passes.

Good luck and have a great cruise!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mvaughn11 said:

We checked in on Vista 2 weeks ago today. We did not have FTTF. Our checkin time was 12:00 to 12:30. We arrived at 11:40. There was no line. We walked right in, checked in and walked all the way onto the ship. No waiting in a loading zone. We were on board before 12:00.

Was this in Galveston??

On 3/24/2019 at 6:56 AM, mvaughn11 said:

This is good to know.  We don't plan to arrive early but just in case.  This same scenario happened to us at Long Beach last year; we didn't expect to get on board earlier than our check in but they were very nice and let us aboard early due to no lines.