Smoothies no longer included in Premium Beverage Package?

tomservo

I just happened to be checking the inclusions for the Premium Beverage Package and I didn’t see smoothies listed. I’m pretty sure this used to be on here?

NON-ALCOHOLIC

• Premium bottled water
  • Acqua Panna water
  • Evian water
  • San Pellegrino
  • Premium coffees
  • Juices, fresh and bottled
  • Red Bull
  • Sodas
  • Premium teas
  • Honest® iced teas
  • Matcha teas
  • Vitaminwater

2 hours ago, mayleeman said:

They should be listed in Classic pkg. Everything there is included in Premium, I believe.

They’re not in the Classic package either:

NON-ALCOHOLIC

• Nonpremium bottle water
  • Premium coffees
  • Juices
  • Sodas
  • Premium teas

According to this thread they moved moved up from the Classic to Premium 2 years ago. 

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

I have a copy of a 5/2018 beverage package inclusions and smoothies are not listed at all although a friend we were sailing with last year had the Premium package and had smoothies.

I think the last time I checked a few months ago it was listed on there, so it may have been a recent change...

We sailed on the January 19, 2019 Eastern Caribbean Equinox sailing, and both me and my SO had several smoothies with the Premium Non-Alcoholic package. So I would reckon they would be in the Premium Alcoholic package (or perhaps even the Classic) as well, although it is indeed not mentioned on the website.

My wife is a Registered Dietitian and makes smoothies regularly at home.  One morning i headed to the Aqua Spa Cafe to pick up a couple and gave one to my wife.  She took one sip and made a face and said  ‘it tastes like dirt’.  I took a sip and agreed.  You wouldn't be missing anything...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Moonraker7 said:

Smoothies are listed in classic package pdf I received 2 weeks ago

B92E596E-BEE0-4167-82A5-981F1A81ED87.thumb.png.1da53d43c027830da00b79452521a480.png

Moonraker, how/where did you get this list?  It's the first one I've ever seen that listed the brands of wine.  Is it only for YOUR sailing or fleetwide?

1 minute ago, jkgourmet said:

Moonraker, how/where did you get this list?  It's the first one I've ever seen that listed the brands of wine.  Is it only for YOUR sailing or fleetwide?

I got the pdf directly from Celebrity a couple of weeks ago and as far as I know it’s a guide for all fleet.

4912D0A6-008A-4471-B23D-F3B1A2847664.png

5B34333D-489A-4E46-8497-6F42675611FB.png

2B57BCFE-6F3B-40DC-8841-6A2026D6C8C5.png

C16BC9AC-BB21-41F7-A4A2-1D672DB07F7D.png

D283633F-9FF0-45F3-971F-40852810D5AC.png

E8AE3E1E-6181-449A-B756-FBD9B2FB22E0.png

9238CF5E-FE19-4A8B-9DA1-105858988F44.png

It says baileys on the classic can anyone confirm that as I asked celebrity a fews weeks back and was told that was an upgrade to premium.  I was considering upgrading my package for this as I am coeliac and for sweet after dinner I usually have an ice-cream and pour a baileys over it as the coeliac ones are often not that great

1 hour ago, Moonraker7 said:

got the pdf directly from Celebrity a couple of weeks ago and as far as I know it’s a guide for all fleet.

It says it is from 2016 and there have been changes since then (e.g., the prices are incorrect - now the Classic is $59+grats/day, not $55 and Premium $60+grats/day, not $65) so I wouldn't necessarily believe everything on this copy.

Here is the latest one on their site - doesn't include smoothies but that doesn't mean much - often there are errors or changes.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/04_25_OB_SP_BeveragePackageBrochure-V2.051518.pdf

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

It says it is from 2016 and there have been changes since then (e.g., the prices are incorrect - now the Classic is $59+grats/day, not $55 and Premium $60+grats/day, not $65) so I wouldn't necessarily believe everything on this copy.

Here is the latest one on their site - doesn't include smoothies but that doesn't mean much - often there are errors or changes.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/04_25_OB_SP_BeveragePackageBrochure-V2.051518.pdf

That pdf is what was sent. Obviously Celebrity don’t even know which information they should be sending out to people. 

1 minute ago, Moonraker7 said:

That pdf is what was sent. Obviously Celebrity don’t even know which information they should be sending out to people. 

That has often been my experience. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

12 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

That confirms the Baileys then 🤔

There are a few inconsistencies on this PDF...as of our Jan sailing on Reflection, Bailey's and Cointreau were both on the Premium package and you could just pay the difference for anything over the dollar amount for the Classic package which it says here you can't do.  This looks like an old version of the PDF...not sure why they sent that to you recently.  They couldn't even spell Pinot Grigio properly lol

11 minutes ago, Moonraker7 said:

👍  So often, there is a disconnect between the ship and the land based (often ill-informed and sometimes clueless) stateside customer service agents.  Not their fault - but it's why I never call them anymore.  I email to get it in writing if I have a need to contact them.  (which I do with nearly every thing that involves money with every vendor or service provider.  Oral communications are flat out useless.)

2 minutes ago, jkgourmet said:

👍  So often, there is a disconnect between the ship and the land based (often ill-informed and sometimes clueless) stateside customer service agents.  Not their fault - but it's why I never call them anymore.  I email to get it in writing if I have a need to contact them.  (which I do with nearly every thing that involves money with every vendor or service provider.  Oral communications are flat out useless.)

Agree - people on Cruise Critic are usually more knowledgeable than the phone reps.