Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kudos2Fly

Easter Cruise?

Recommended Posts

We will be sailing on Miracle April 21st which is of course Easter. 

 

We have never sailed during Easter. We leave on the 21st. Will there be any activities for the whole week? Or just on the day we sail?

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We sailed on the Magic in 2016.  Embarkation day was Easter Sunday.  The only special event I noticed was the Easter Bunny meeting everyone when we boarded for pictures and handing out a few treats.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Kudos2Fly said:

Thanks for the information.

You're welcome!  Have a great cruise.  BTW, consider that stores may be closed that morning if your intent is to pick up a few supplies before heading to the pier.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fdwt994 said:

You're welcome!  Have a great cruise.  BTW, consider that stores may be closed that morning if your intent is to pick up a few supplies before heading to the pier.  

 

Thanks we live "local" about 2 hours away. So "if" we have any last minutes things to get we can do it before leaving home. But something to keep in mind for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2019 at 10:47 AM, Kudos2Fly said:

We will be sailing on Miracle April 21st which is of course Easter. 

 

We have never sailed during Easter. We leave on the 21st. Will there be any activities for the whole week? Or just on the day we sail?

 

 

 

 

 

 

22 hours ago, Kudos2Fly said:

 

Thanks we live "local" about 2 hours away. So "if" we have any last minutes things to get we can do it before leaving home. But something to keep in mind for sure. 

 I'm sailing with you and am counting the days! Since you are local, do you think liquor stores will be open?  I like to get a bottle of wine to bring on board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We cruised Easter once but it was an 8 day so we boarded on Saturday and Easter was a sea day.  They had an egg hunt and a non denominational service in the afternoon.  They even had passover seder food set out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ethel813 said:

 

 I'm sailing with you and am counting the days! Since you are local, do you think liquor stores will be open?  I like to get a bottle of wine to bring on board. 

 

Great to hear! It should be a fun cruise... We haven't sailed from Tampa in a long time. 

 

Depends on the county, but my guess Hillsborough will have stores open. Publix sells beer and wine. Hard liquor will be different. Some counties will not sale hard liquor on Sundays. Although they may not be open early unless you get the wine from a grocery store. 

Edited by Kudos2Fly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...